Dynadot

question Cryptocurrencies are crashing. New wave up coming to domain market?

NameSilo
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Credit cards are insured, bank accounts are regulated and PayPal has internal mechanisms. With cryptocurrencies you are on your own about the security, at least for now.

•••
Credit cards are insured, bank accounts are regulated and PayPal has internal mechanisms. With cryptocurrencies you are on your own about the security, at least for now.
Keep it in an encrypted wallet and back up on USB drive.

•••
Yeah security is up to the individual. Using strong passwords, 2 Factor Authentication and email confirmations add certain layers of protection.

•••
people I'm with you, i believe in crypto's technologies, but my thread is to warn of the crypto crash that has begun and the possible move of money to domains in a few months. I am not saying it is the end of cryptos... but there is going to be a big wash-out.

for security you are better off with an hardware wallet. i don't want anything else. Ledger Nano S and/or Tresor.

there is always on point of attack that is the seed/list of words that are used to generate the keys, but you can even write it in paper in an ciphered form that only you know (simple shift of some letters for instance).

•••
people I'm with you, i believe in crypto's technologies, but my thread is to warn of the crypto crash that has begun and the possible move of money to domains in a few months. I am not saying it is the end of cryptos... but there is going to be a big wash-out.
Can you explain how a crash has begun? The market has been soaring for a long time. There was literally 2-3 days of dips which are already recovered for the most part.

•••
@Keith, that is the tale story of a bubble burst. it is classic. a strong sell off with volume, followed in a short time by a big rebound, and then the resume of the trend down.

i grant calling for a top in a bubble is always a risky prediction but so far is what it looks. people are too complacent, too secure of their believes on the great new world that cryptocurrencies will bring and not looking for the highly and broad inflated market price.

we have had every single crypto being pumped up. the tide has lifted all boats, people are swimming happy on their huge paper profits but soon we'll be seeing who is swimming naked.

•••
@Keith, that is the tale story of a bubble burst. it is classic. a strong sell off with volume, followed in a short time by a big rebound, and then the resume of the trend down.

i grant calling for a top in a bubble is always a risky prediction but so far is what it looks. people are too complacent, too secure of their believes on the great new world that cryptocurrencies will bring and not looking for the highly and broad inflated market price.

we have had every single crypto being pumped up. the tide has lifted all boats, people are swimming happy on their huge paper profits but soon we'll be seeing who is swimming naked.
There are ups and downs in all markets. I'm sure people laughed off domains and the internet in the 90s too.

Crypto is extremely similar to domains/internet. It's changing the way we handle transactions in every way imaginable. The time to invest is right now, just like the 90s was the time to buy domains. The domain market has seen good times as well as bad times. That's just how markets work but you want to enter before the masses get wise to the opportunity.

•••
@Keith, we have to agree on disagreeing on this ;). i think what only takes me a part from the rest (most?) is that I am looking to the short-medium term and expect a huge market contraction, kind of the dot-com bubble (that was also not the end of the internet).

and it is not good for our health (mental and physical) seeing profits and market cap reduce by 80 to 90% in several months to 2 years and being stuck to the positions...

Last edited:
•••
@Keith, we have to agree on disagreeing on this ;). i think what only takes me a part from the rest (most?) is that I am looking to the short-medium term and expect a huge market contraction, kind of the dot-com bubble (that was also not the end of the internet).

and it is not good for our health (mental and physical) seeing profits and market cap reduce by 80 to 90% in several months to 2 years and being stuck to the positions...

If you are comparing the dotcom bubble to Crypto then you are more clueless than I thought.

•••
•••
•••
after a surprise, another surprise coming...

•••
•••
Greater fool theory gone ballistic. U.S stock market is likely in the same situation, but at least it's got the federal reserve action and 401k contributions going for it. All bitcoin has are donations.

•••
Greater fool theory gone ballistic. U.S stock market is likely in the same situation, but at least it's got the federal reserve action and 401k contributions going for it. All bitcoin has are donations.
The federal reserve is a private organization that controls your money. Btc is controlled by the people who invest in it. There is no comparison...btc is superior!

•••
The federal reserve is a private organization that controls your money. Btc is controlled by the people who invest in it. There is no comparison...btc is superior!
The fact that the federal reserve is a private organization that controls your money (as you put it) doesn't negate my comment. It supports it.

Btc is superior to what?

Last edited:
•••
Hahahaha I have been involved with Crypto for several years. You want to talk about the dip over the past two days as a basis for your theory? I have a deep understanding of what market bubbles are vs sustainable business models and markets. Anyone that says Crypto is crashing knows nothing about crypto, don't be fooled with what you THINK you know.

I will even go out on a limb and make a bold claim that before the end of JULY, ...ETH will be close to OR over $300. Bookmark the date on your calendar then come back to this thread and prove me wrong!

You were spot on mate. $290 today.

•••
•••
BTC will hit $4k+ by end of the year and ETH $500 imo.

•••
I'm just curious if people are able to cash out on their chips, so to speak, at will? While there might be liquidity for lower levels of trades happening, perhaps 10-100 or so BTC for example happening, I wonder if anyone has been able to encash say 100+ worth of BTC or their counter part Crypto? Which is where, all these boil down to?? Having millions of BTC and Ether and xyz in your digital wallet is one thing but they need to be translated to cash at will to make it really an asset?No?

I don't have a dog in the fight, was just curious on the liquidity part. My apologies, if my understanding on the whole crypto market is superfluous.

•••
BTC will hit $4k+ by end of the year and ETH $500 imo.

Yep, for sure... I actually think BTC will spike way way way more than $4k when they launch Segwit

ETH at $500 is a good call, possiblly even of a conservative estimate.

Also keep an eye on Ripple! Right, @Avtar629 ? :)

Last edited:
•••
I'm just curious if people are able to cash out on their chips, so to speak, at will? While there might be liquidity for lower levels of trades happening, perhaps 10-100 or so BTC for example happening, I wonder if anyone has been able to encash say 100+ worth of BTC or their counter part Crypto? Which is where, all these boil down to?? Having millions of BTC and Ether and xyz in your digital wallet is one thing but they need to be translated to cash at will to make it really an asset?No?

I don't have a dog in the fight, was just curious on the liquidity part. My apologies, if my understanding on the whole crypto market is superfluous.

At the moment you can draw BTC out at an ATM and get cold hard cash mate :)

You can buy anything from anywhere that accepts Master/Visa using BTC .... liquidity is no longer an issue :)

Google: Bitcoin Debit card ;)

•••

Spit the blue pill out and take the red pill.

Federal Reserve? BWHAHAHAH REALLY... who owns the Fedreal reserve?

Here we go:

•••
The fact that the federal reserve is a private organization that controls your money (as you put it) doesn't negate my comment. It supports it.

Btc is superior to what?

So you happy for people to be financially raped by a private organization that creates a system of perpetrual debt that enslaves the masses whilst empowering the few?

•••
you can buy it on online exchanges like Coinbase.com, Kraken.com, Poloniex.com, etc.

be careful thought, there is not a single one exchange that is professional, like you are used to on equity markets. all amateurs, with lots of bugs, down times, etc.

but they work well for the typical buy and hold kind of investor.

Hogwash...most of the exchanges work fine (Shapeshift, Coinbase, Kraken) run by professional people. Generally people who find it buggy and battle with it are basic desktop users with limited tech ability...people who generally only know how to use a MS office and maybe a browser or two.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back