showcase .Crypto Showcase, Discussion & News

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Internet.Domains

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I hope ICANN doesn't try it.
I completely agree. Crypto represents everything that ICANN isn't. It would be a disservice to the decentralized nature of crypto for ICANN to even consider delegating .crypto.

•••
Recently added:

20191203_145240.jpg

•••
Like many new extensions, the shorter and more popular keywords will be auctioned at a later date. But with no renewals, a few slightly longer names might still make sense. I found...

Bucaramanga (Colombian city with metro population over one million and known for a mild climate and many beautiful parks)

•••
I went ahead a registered A .Crypto
In insurance niche

Insurers.Crypto

Last edited:
•••
So when will the under 8-character domains be available?

•••
Holdem.Crypto
For-sale.Crypto

•••
•••
Finanzas (finance in Spanish)

OpenSea.io allows one to look for .crypto domains and see the portfolio of those with .crypto. I do not believe there is a privacy option as Ethereum is a public blockchain. OK seeing a portfolio does not indicate who owns the domain. But the key difference is that .COM domains as well as all legacy extensions and new TLDs are rented from the registries. A .crypto domain has no renewals.

•••
•••
Finanzas (finance in Spanish)

OpenSea.io allows one to look for .crypto domains and see the portfolio of those with .crypto. I do not believe there is a privacy option as Ethereum is a public blockchain. OK seeing a portfolio does not indicate who owns the domain. But the key difference is that .COM domains as well as all legacy extensions and new TLDs are rented from the registries. A .crypto domain has no renewals.
Privacy is an absolute issue with Ethereum. There are protocols being introduced to correct the issue. Meanwhile, if privacy is a concern, definately create a personal network of multiple wallets.

•••
Removed all my bins from Opensea yesterday.. imagine waking up to a sold domain and only getting half it's worth of intended value? So it's make offer for foreseeable future, too volatile anything else.

Could go the opposite direction too, crypto jumps 500% and no one will afford it. BIN using non-fiat doesn't make sense unless there is a really long period of stability, even then daily monitoring is prudent.

•••
Some of the names on open sea are horrible . Most of em actually.

•••
Some of the names on open sea are horrible . Most of em actually.
Yeh but there's a ton of names from the AMA giveaway's too, which aren't really resale quality.

•••
I have searched for a few keywords which I thought were interesting but already registered and was curious as to the other domains that individual registered. Yes, quite often I wonder why they would register such questionable names but in the end many registrations relate to the personal interests and experiences of that individual. Regarding pricing, while ETH is down considerably right now, from a long-term perspective I believe a domain sale for ETH would still turn out to be great long-term even if from a dollar perspective it was at a lower cost to the buyer than would have been the case a few weeks ago.

•••
Received my first offer on OpenSea for a .Crypto - 1 ETH

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back