news Crypto Company Sues a 79-year-old For Wormhole.com Domain

NameSilo
Watch

Tom_Collins

Established Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"Nope, sorry, I changed my mind. This was too easy, I'm either leaving a lot of money on the table or it is a scam. Either way, no sale. If you want to make a reasonable offer, then you are encouraged to do so."

I hate people like this. Encountered few too many. Not saying the lawsuit was the brightest idea either though. Ironically, it seems everyone got exactly what they wanted, yet somehow everyone walked away slightly unhappy.

Last edited:
•••
I would jump to another dimension using that wormhole and avoid consequences...
How can you prove the owner cheated. The owner can say, someone else listed it under my name,
and to disprove it you need to look at harvested data, such as data collected via javascript,
webcam, and that data may not be given to the court, or not counted as legal evidence because of the way
they were collected.

•••
There is no reality in which short communication through e-mail like that should be legally binding. Unless there is some history to the communication outside of e-mail very very rarely should e-mail be in any way legally binding. People should even have the freedom to be able to say " Yes you have a deal, I will sell you the domain for X amount", and then not only back out but to follow it up with "haha just screwing with you. Suck it."

Now you can pass judgment on such a person all you want but legally binding - no.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back