IT.COM

news Covid19-Coronavirus updates and news

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mister Funsky

Top Member
Impact
Having relatives and friends scattered all over the globe, I am getting an overload of input (some on the record and some off the record).

My intention for this thread is for community members from around the world to post first hand stories and/or links to information sources that, for the most part, should be reliable.

In my community, just outside a major southeastern city, 'assets' have been placed. Only because I have friends in both high and low places have I heard about some of this. At this point it is only some basic medical supplies that should be equally distributed anyway in preparation for a natural emergency (hurricane/wildfire/etc.).

I will start with posting a link to a site with current data that seems to come from an aggregate of sources and hope others will do the same as they come across similar sites/pages.

Because of the 'typhoid Mary' spread-ability of this disease, I feel we may be in for a really large spread globally which will impact the global economy and through extension, retail domain prices.

One thing is for sure...things will get worse before they get better.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa-coronavirus/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
5570037692c6ac9b.jpeg
Although at the beginning of this pandemic a lot of people died at home, streets (homeless) and nursing homes, the majority of the people die now at hospitals because people often rush to the hospital when they start having trouble breathing, among other covid-19 symptoms. It's not so difficult to understand... let that sink in...

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Third shot: UK to offer Covid booster vaccines to people over 50

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal...ovid-booster-vaccines-people-over-50-n1279163

"Around 30 million people will be eligible for the boosters, which aim to protect against waning immunity among people who have had two vaccine doses.

The U.K. announced Tuesday it will offer a third dose of coronavirus vaccine to everyone over 50 and other vulnerable people to help the country ride out the pandemic through the winter months.

The booster shots, which will be rolled out beginning next week, were approved a day after the Conservative government also backed plans to offer one vaccine dose to children 12 to 15 years old.

The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunization, which advises the government, recommended that booster shots be offered to everyone over 50, health care workers, people with underlying health conditions and those who live with people whose immune systems are compromised. They will be given no earlier than six months after a person received their second dose of vaccine.

Around 30 million people will be eligible for the booster shots, which aim to protect against a modest waning in immunity among those who have received two jabs."

•••
•••
If there is a problem, it exists within your mind...not a conspiracy issue here as I've addressed before in this thread (at least 3 times) why I don't include communist china data.

BTW, soon things will change abruptly when the US starts to require proof of vaccine to enter various places (pubs, restaurants, gov buildings, theaters, etc.). I'm not casting stones at those not vaccinated yet, as the Good Book tells us the mark of the beast is coming...those that can't, or won't, take the vaccine will lead to one of two things: The virus will die out or it will get stronger. If it gets stronger, the governments on the planet will start with requiring paper proof of vaccination (already happening in many countries). Once that method will not be able to be trusted due to counterfeiting (already available on most social media platforms) it will move to a card with a chip...then it will move to a body part with a chip.

You and I agree on a vast majority of things...if I were younger and healthier, I would have been more hesitant to get the vaccine. I believe everyone has the right to choose what is put in their bodies but it might not coincide with what the authorities require to move freely around in society. I've been prepared to move on for many years so I do not get angry at those that are refusing the vaccine...I simply view them as part of the process to bring about the inevitable. Maybe one day, on the other side, we will be able to hang out and talk about the 'bad old days' on planet Earth.

Hi Mister Funky.. Your interpretation of the Bible is a little off. The beast will try to force people to worship a false god / religion. Protestants believe that false religion is Catholicism, 7th day Adventist believe it the conflict will start over worship on the true Sabbath ( the last day of the week ) or Sunday, the day the Pope declared holy.

•••
Hi Mister Funky.. Your interpretation of the Bible is a little off. The beast will try to force people to worship a false god / religion. Protestants believe that false religion is Catholicism, 7th day Adventist believe it the conflict will start over worship on the true Sabbath ( the last day of the week ) or Sunday, the day the Pope declared holy.

Yes, I am a student of The Book...one thing for sure in my world, what the pope says or does means less than nothing to me. I'm always interested in learning and revising...one of our purposes here.

•••
when things make no sense over and over as it has been with Covid - 19 .. expect conspiracy theories … when people decide to start telling the truth .. that will nix all conspiracy theories ..
The conspiracy is whether or not this is from a laboratory or bat to human transfer then accidental or on purpose end of conspiracy. Is it bio war now how we deal with it is what is debated as survival of fittest is okay in animal kingdom but unethical for humans. I would like to live ripe old age also and neglect myself in ways. It may have saved lives anyway as scared people into exercising and jabbed are still scared.

•••
•••
Alaska’s 1,095 new COVID-19 cases shatter daily record as overburdened hospitals struggle with capacity

Alaska on Wednesday reported nearly 1,100 new cases of COVID-19, its highest-ever single day tally since the pandemic began, as hospitals under extreme stress struggle with difficult patient care decisions.

The new daily case record came a day after Providence Alaska Medical Center, the state’s largest hospital, announced that it was implementing crisis standards of care and rationing medical care — a worst-case scenario that forces providers to prioritize patients most likely to recover — in response to an overwhelming number of COVID-19 patients, a severe staff shortage, and limited resources.

And while Providence is the only hospital in the state so far to implement crisis standards, nearly all hospitals are struggling, and each is grappling with how best to respond to unsustainable patient levels, Dr. Anne Zink, Alaska’s chief medical officer, said Wednesday.

“They’re almost all at a crisis level right now,” she said. For smaller facilities, enacting crisis standards of care may not always make the most sense based on the types of resources and protocols already in place.

“Some (larger) hospitals have crisis standards of care committees that have already been set up, and they can kind of activate those, and other ones don’t, and they just make the best decisions they can,” she said.

Full hospitals affect all patients, not just those sickened with COVID-19.

“We’ve had increasing challenges accessing particularly things like (kidney) dialysis” and other similarly specialized care that is only available at a few hospitals in Anchorage, Zink said.

Zink heard from one clinician who spent nine hours trying to find a bed for a single patient. (more)

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/202...verburdened-hospitals-struggle-with-capacity/

•••
upload_2021-9-16_7-45-22.png

Meanwhile....

upload_2021-9-16_7-51-12.png

People from all over, pouring across our southern border; Large number from Haiti.

Last edited:
•••
Alaska’s 1,095 new COVID-19 cases shatter daily record as overburdened hospitals struggle with capacity

Alaska on Wednesday reported nearly 1,100 new cases of COVID-19, its highest-ever single day tally since the pandemic began, as hospitals under extreme stress struggle with difficult patient care decisions.

The new daily case record came a day after Providence Alaska Medical Center, the state’s largest hospital, announced that it was implementing crisis standards of care and rationing medical care — a worst-case scenario that forces providers to prioritize patients most likely to recover — in response to an overwhelming number of COVID-19 patients, a severe staff shortage, and limited resources.

And while Providence is the only hospital in the state so far to implement crisis standards, nearly all hospitals are struggling, and each is grappling with how best to respond to unsustainable patient levels, Dr. Anne Zink, Alaska’s chief medical officer, said Wednesday.

“They’re almost all at a crisis level right now,” she said. For smaller facilities, enacting crisis standards of care may not always make the most sense based on the types of resources and protocols already in place.

“Some (larger) hospitals have crisis standards of care committees that have already been set up, and they can kind of activate those, and other ones don’t, and they just make the best decisions they can,” she said.

Full hospitals affect all patients, not just those sickened with COVID-19.

“We’ve had increasing challenges accessing particularly things like (kidney) dialysis” and other similarly specialized care that is only available at a few hospitals in Anchorage, Zink said.

Zink heard from one clinician who spent nine hours trying to find a bed for a single patient. (more)

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/202...verburdened-hospitals-struggle-with-capacity/

Joe should call Donald for advice on how to get business, non government organizations and churches to help with emergency capacity.

"Cases" is not hospitalizations; Starting to look like these stories are designed to create fear and panic.

Last edited:
•••
The conspiracy is whether or not this is from a laboratory or bat to human transfer then accidental or on purpose end of conspiracy. Is it bio war now how we deal with it is what is debated as survival of fittest is okay in animal kingdom but unethical for humans. I would like to live ripe old age also and neglect myself in ways. It may have saved lives anyway as scared people into exercising and jabbed are still scared.

being scared of death is a natural response … but death is inevitable for every human being … no one will get out of the world alive … taking prevention. .. caution is about as good as it gets … these people who over dramatize this virus or any other thing are letting their nerves get the best of them ..every single one us have a date with death… people can try and run from it .. but it does no good … live life while you are here

Last edited:
•••
"Cases" is not hospitalizations;

I agree the number of cases is not the prime indicator as it relates to the story I posted. Most of those designated as a 'case' are recovering at home.

The part that is disturbing is this statement taken from the story: "Zink heard from one clinician who spent nine hours trying to find a bed for a single patient."

I know there are few that think there is a global conspiracy in which thousands of hospitals are saying their ICU beds are full or close to it. I, however, doubt that such a complicated web of collusion is happening.

•••
I agree the number of cases is not the prime indicator as it relates to the story I posted. Most of those designated as a 'case' are recovering at home.

The part that is disturbing is this statement taken from the story: "Zink heard from one clinician who spent nine hours trying to find a bed for a single patient."

I know there are few that think there is a global conspiracy in which thousands of hospitals are saying their ICU beds are full or close to it. I, however, doubt that such a complicated web of collusion is happening.

they should have .. or should set up home care services … in many cases they are using oxygen .. CPAP machines for respiratory therapies … medications .. all of this can be done in the home … when it hits the point of intubation.. that is usually death .. those who choose intubation need to be hospitalized … all the others could easily do their treatment in home … the over dramatization of covid - 19 has been the backbone of the virus for two years now … deliver the necessary meds and oxygen or CPAP - BiPAP to the patients home .. they either get well or they don’t .. the same results will happen at home as it will in a hospital

Last edited:
•••

What fuels the rumors are Gov officials, journalist exempting themselves from mask / vaccine rule while deliberately lying to make things sound worse than they are.

Happens on a local and national scale.

Last edited:
•••
If the left were not so rabid about punishing and censoring people who disagree with the narrative ( even obvious facts ), most of the conspiracies would die.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Italy makes COVID health pass mandatory for all workers

https://www.reuters.com/world/europ...health-pass-mandatory-all-workers-2021-09-16/

"ROME, Sept 16 (Reuters) - The Italian government approved on Thursday some of the strictest anti-COVID measures in the world, making it obligatory for all workers either to show proof of vaccination, a negative test or recent recovery from infection.

The new rules will come into force on Oct. 15 in the latest effort by Prime Minister Mario Draghi's broad coalition to persuade people to get inoculated and blunt contagion in one of the countries worst-hit by the virus.

Any worker who fails to present a valid health certificate will be suspended on no pay, but cannot be sacked, according to a draft of the decree seen by Reuters. The full details are due to be published later in the day.

People who ignore the decree and go to work regardless will face a fine of between 600 to 1,500 euros ($705-$1,175)."

•••
Italy makes COVID health pass mandatory for all workers

https://www.reuters.com/world/europ...health-pass-mandatory-all-workers-2021-09-16/

"ROME, Sept 16 (Reuters) - The Italian government approved on Thursday some of the strictest anti-COVID measures in the world, making it obligatory for all workers either to show proof of vaccination, a negative test or recent recovery from infection.

The new rules will come into force on Oct. 15 in the latest effort by Prime Minister Mario Draghi's broad coalition to persuade people to get inoculated and blunt contagion in one of the countries worst-hit by the virus.

Any worker who fails to present a valid health certificate will be suspended on no pay, but cannot be sacked, according to a draft of the decree seen by Reuters. The full details are due to be published later in the day.

People who ignore the decree and go to work regardless will face a fine of between 600 to 1,500 euros ($705-$1,175)."

that is forced inoculation .. the effort is to take the lively hood away from the unvaccinated .. if they get vaccinated it’s on the pretense of losing their lively hood set by the government .. not on their free will .. should these people who take the vaccine forced get ill from it .. die from it .. have complications years from now from it .. all they have to do is say .. I was forced to get the vaccine because I was threatened by the government to have my lively hood and freedom taken away from me if I did not take the vaccine .. this the same across the whole world .. some will have better lawsuit cases than others depending on the countries government .. The USA - UK - Canada will clog the the courts with these forced inoculation cases .. because people will have reactions - illness and death from the vaccine that have been forced to get it

•••
Last edited:
•••
Alberta introduces new rules, passport as COVID puts health system days from collapse

Alberta Premier Jason Kenney, facing a COVID-19 crisis that is threatening to collapse its health system in just over a week, has reintroduced limits on gatherings along with elements of a vaccine passport system.

https://ottawa.citynews.ca/national...puts-health-system-days-from-collapse-4337724

why not the home Heath method ?? Have medical supplies delivered to patients . Oxygen .. CPAP - BiPAP .. meds … if any medical system collapses .. it’s the fault of the state or Gov IMO .. it’s not near as complicated as they have made it .. they are treating patients in these hospitals with the same stuff above .. they are giving them pill meds and respiratory therapy devises as needed .. and letting it all run it course .. they can do the exact same thing and leave them at their home … if someone is going to croak from covid - 19 . There isn’t anything more a doctors can do anyway .. except watch or something

Last edited:
•••
why not the home Heath method ?? Have medical supplies delivered to patients . Oxygen .. CPAP - BiPAP .. meds … if any medical system collapses .. it’s the fault of the state or Gov IMO .. it’s not near as complicated as they have made it .. they are treating patients in these hospitals with the same stuff above .. they are giving them pill meds and respiratory therapy devises as needed .. and letting it all run it course .. they can do the exact same thing and leave them at their home … if someone is going to croak from covid - 19 . There isn’t anything more a doctors can do anyway .. except watch or something

They may have to resort to home care and hospice if the system cannot manage numbers. Covid is placing great strain on the health system. There have been mass cancellations of non-urgent surgeries throughout the province - transplants, cancer treatments and children’s surgeries, as staff are reassigned to COVID-19 care. According to the report, the vast majority of Alberta's 18,000 infections are unvaccinated or partially vaxxed. They risked opening the province early (ie. 129 people caught Covid during the Calgary Stampede).

•••
They may have to resort to home care and hospice if the system cannot manage numbers. Covid is placing great strain on the health system. There have been mass cancellations of non-urgent surgeries throughout the province - transplants, cancer treatments and children’s surgeries, as staff are reassigned to COVID-19 care. According to the report, the vast majority of Alberta's 18,000 infections are unvaccinated or partially vaxxed. They risked opening the province early (ie. 129 people caught Covid during the Calgary Stampede).

seeing as covid is a virus … and the pandemic part of it .. countries should have initiated a home healthcare system service to begin with IMO .. it makes all the sense as viruses are only treatable and must run their course for a person to get well … testing is great and all that .. but when a person has covid symptoms .. they probably have covid .. so teladoc .. prescriptions … respiratory therapy if needed .. could have all been supplied to the home of covid ill .. further helping the spread rate as the covid ill wouldn’t be leaving their home from beginning until they are well … if the covid ill were to pass from the virus .. there is nothing more medical medicine can do any way ..

it’s not really resorting to anything ,. It would be the most efficient and best way to control a pandemic IMO ..

Last edited:
•••
I’ve heard time and again from presidents of countries to people on the street .. “Things Will Never Be The Same””. What about 1918 .. the Spanish Flu pandemic .. things actually got better after the pandemic … but as far as how things how will be after the covid pandemic .. that is up to the people of the world .. not the politicians of the world .. because I feel the covid - 19 pandemic is tied into a new world order - one world order - Great Reset agenda .. I don’t buy into that things will never be the same … not until such is instituted into the world .. and it’s far being over yet .. so

•••
Back