IT.COM

news Covid19-Coronavirus updates and news

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mister Funsky

Top Member
Impact
Having relatives and friends scattered all over the globe, I am getting an overload of input (some on the record and some off the record).

My intention for this thread is for community members from around the world to post first hand stories and/or links to information sources that, for the most part, should be reliable.

In my community, just outside a major southeastern city, 'assets' have been placed. Only because I have friends in both high and low places have I heard about some of this. At this point it is only some basic medical supplies that should be equally distributed anyway in preparation for a natural emergency (hurricane/wildfire/etc.).

I will start with posting a link to a site with current data that seems to come from an aggregate of sources and hope others will do the same as they come across similar sites/pages.

Because of the 'typhoid Mary' spread-ability of this disease, I feel we may be in for a really large spread globally which will impact the global economy and through extension, retail domain prices.

One thing is for sure...things will get worse before they get better.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa-coronavirus/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well, let's extrapolate the influenza stats over a year and a half to match COVID stats.

COVID - 660,000 deaths.
Influenza (adjusted) - 8,853 deaths.

Odds of dying from COVID 1 in 500.
Odds of dying from Influenza 1 in 37,275.

The mortality rate for COVID is more than 74x influenza.

Brad

covid is really bad … I agree 10,000% .. but being realistic with the whole pandemic is a great route to take IMO ….if I get covid - 19 .. I have a 1.6% chance of dying .. so I have a 98.4% of living .. covid is very bad stuff .. and as of going on 2 years now .. it won’t go away and die off … but with a 98.4 chance of survival and a 1.6% chance of death .. is it possible that herd immunity is the real answer to nixing the virus once and for all ??

•••
If Ebola spread as easily as COVID it would have been the end of modern humanity essentially.

Brad

yep .. pretty much … that is why we are damned lucky we don’t have something vicious as a pandemic

•••
covid is really bad … I agree 10,000% .. but being realistic with the whole pandemic is a great route to take IMO ….if I get covid - 19 .. I have a 1.6% chance of dying .. so I have a 98.4% of living .. covid is very bad stuff .. and as of going on 2 years now .. it won’t go away and die off … but with a 98.4 chance of survival and a 1.6% chance of death .. is it possible that herd immunity is the real answer to nixing the virus once and for all ??

The pandemic would be over in a couple months if people just got vaccinated. We would reach herd immunity, all the discussions about masks and other restrictions would be moot.

We can reach herd immunity in months with people getting vaccinated, or it could linger on for years with countless more unnecessary suffering.

While around 70% of Americans have had at least (1) dose now, that number is deceptive. It is very regional.

Many US counties are still in the 30% range. Most of these are rural, some are not. These are the places COVID is ravaging at the moment.

Look at much of Europe now like Denmark and others. That is the template to end the pandemic.
Europe is starting to close the door to US travel, for valid reasons.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
The Washington Post also said Hunter Biden's laptop was a Russian hoax and the Steele Dossier was factual.

Corporate media has no hesitation to lie for political purpose. Scientist regularly prostitute themselves to prop up liberal narratives that are later proven to lies.

You don't have to be a PHD to understand children, working adults do not follow sanitary rules required for any mask to be effective.

You can believe what ever you want. I'll think and reason for myself.

If Washington Post is all a lie, then how about from Stanford, Yale, CDC, .......

https://www.google.com/search?q=The...gBEDY&cshid=1631450245249821&biw=1536&bih=722

Last edited:
•••
but being realistic with the whole pandemic is a great route to take IMO ….if I get covid - 19 .. I have a 1.6% chance of dying .. so I have a 98.4% of living ..

The reality is you're an unvaccinated older male, with some possible health issues, living in a state that's got covid running through it beyond the usual. That would put your chances of living at less that 98.4%. If you do live through it, your chances of having to deal with long haul covid are also beyond the average.

95 Percent of Americans Killed by COVID-19 Were 50 or Older

https://www.aarp.org/health/conditions-treatments/info-2020/coronavirus-deaths-older-adults.html

•••
Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Current Covid19 death numbers as of 8:00 am EST are below, primarily from the source in the original post (https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus). If your country of interest is not listed below, simply go to the link above to do a search for relevant information.

Total: 4,378,194
United States: 637,561
Brazil: 569,218
India: 431,674
Russia: 171,305
United Kingdom: 130,953
France: 112,656
Italy: 128,432
Spain: 82,470
Mexico: 248,380
Poland: 75,299
South Africa: 77,141
Indonesia: 118,833
Netherlands: 17,909
Canada: 26,607
Chile: 36,380
Belgium: 25,287
Philippines: 30,366
Japan : 15,408
Bolivia: 18,185
Australia: 966
Peru: 197,393

Property For Sale and Rent in Australia - property.com.au

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Yeah, you're right. Pretty crazy

You are basically now looking at 1million USD to purchase a median property in Sydney... and we're no longer Covid free.

•••
You post false information that has been widely debunked.

Nothing in this diatribe suggest a cloth or procedural mask will stop the China virus that, according the the same source, is much, much smaller than the flu or cold virus.
If you think that linking to cdc.gov is posting false information then it's your problem. Maybe debunked by your sources, conspiracy and ridiculous youtubers.

By the way, a virus is not going to enter into your nose or lungs alone. It will be always carried into very fine respiratory droplets and aerosol particles carrying thousands of these virus every droplet. And here yes, masks will be quite effective stopping these droplets.

SARS-CoV-2 is transmitted by exposure to infectious respiratory fluids

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/science/science-briefs/sars-cov-2-transmission.html

"The principal mode by which people are infected with SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19) is through exposure to respiratory fluids carrying infectious virus. Exposure occurs in three principal ways: (1) inhalation of very fine respiratory droplets and aerosol particles, (2) deposition of respiratory droplets and particles on exposed mucous membranes in the mouth, nose, or eye by direct splashes and sprays, and (3) touching mucous membranes with hands that have been soiled either directly by virus-containing respiratory fluids or indirectly by touching surfaces with virus on them."

-------------------

As you can see, you won't inhale an isolated covid-19 virus, you will inhale hundreds or thousands of these virus contained into a respiratory droplet and aerosol particle, much bigger than the virus itself.

Now tell me again that what cdc.gov (the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) is saying is fake news and that trustworthy sources are instead yours, ridiculous conspiracy nutters talking on youtube and other ridiculous conspiracy sh*tty webs.

Last edited:
•••
You have to wonder if these same people in the army would refuse to wear helmets because they don't stop all the shrapnel.

•••
You have to wonder if these same people in the army would refuse to wear helmets because they don't stop all the shrapnel.

Their body their choice. They are not going to be told what to do, because freedumbs!

Last edited:
•••
If you think that linking to cdc.gov is posting false information then it's your problem. Maybe debunked by your sources, conspiracy and ridiculous youtubers.

Nice deflection. You posted information that was widely debunked with absolutely nothing to do with the CDC.

upload_2021-9-12_10-10-21.png

By the way, a virus is not going to enter into your nose or lungs alone. It will be always carried into very fine respiratory droplets and aerosol particles carrying thousands of these virus every droplet. And here yes, masks will be quite effective stopping these droplets.

SARS-CoV-2 is transmitted by exposure to infectious respiratory fluids

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/science/science-briefs/sars-cov-2-transmission.html

"The principal mode by which people are infected with SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19) is through exposure to respiratory fluids carrying infectious virus. Exposure occurs in three principal ways: (1) inhalation of very fine respiratory droplets and aerosol particles, (2) deposition of respiratory droplets and particles on exposed mucous membranes in the mouth, nose, or eye by direct splashes and sprays, and (3) touching mucous membranes with hands that have been soiled either directly by virus-containing respiratory fluids or indirectly by touching surfaces with virus on them."

-------------------

As you can see, you won't inhale an isolated covid-19 virus, you will inhale hundreds or thousands of these virus contained into a respiratory droplet and aerosol particle, much bigger than the virus itself.

Now tell me again that what cdc.gov (the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) is saying is fake news and that trustworthy sources are instead yours, ridiculous conspiracy nutters talking on youtube and other ridiculous conspiracy sh*tty webs.

•••
•••
Nothing in this diatribe suggest a cloth or procedural mask will stop the China virus that, according the the same source, is much, much smaller than the flu or cold virus.
By the way, can you tell me your sources that say that covid-19 is much much smaller than the flu or cold virus?
(By the way, coronavirus are the same family virus as cold virus, "coronavirus", so it's basically the same size as the common cold virus).
I can show you one link where you can see that covid-19 is same size as flu or even bigger than other respiratory viruses:

https://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/409903O/respiratory-protection-against-biohazards.pdf

Size of Various Microorganisms:

Microorganism (common name or disease) Physical Size (ΞΌm)
Hepatitis virus (Hepatitis B) 0.042 - 0.047
Adenovirus (respiratory infections) 0.07 - 0.09
Filoviruses (Ebola) 0.08 diameter0.79 - 0.97 length
Bunyaviridae (Hantavirus) 0.08 - 0.12
Orthomyxoviridae (Influenza A, B, & C) 0.08 - 0.12
Coronaviridae
(SARS–CoV, MERS-CoV & SARS-CoV-2) 0.12
Variola Virus (Smallpox) 0.14 - 0.26 diameter0.22 - 0.45 length
Mycobacterium tuberculosis (TB) < 1 to > 5 diameter
Bacillus anthracis spore (Anthrax infection) 1.0 - 1.5 diameter

-----------------------------

As you can see, Adenovirus (respiratory infections) are smaller than Coronavirus (Covid-19 and common cold).
Oh, and in case you don't know, Influenza is the flu virus.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
In the US there has been 41m cases. There has been 660,000 deaths. The mortality rate is 1.6%.

That is more than 74x higher than influenza.

Math.

How many people died of influenza in 2020 Brad?

•••
And Joe Biden got 80,000,000 votes.

In the US there has been 41m cases. There has been 660,000 deaths. The mortality rate is 1.6%.

That is more than 74x higher than influenza.

Math.

•••
I post news to trustworthy sources. You post sh*t. Who is the liar.

You guys, I just read an article that said wearing underwear is unsafe on Infowars. They are being used by the lizard people to control your mind!!!

I need to "do the research" aka look at other obscure websites and youtube videos.

Brad

•••
•••
So what? Do you want to kill evey overweight person out there just because they are overweight?
They are overweight and they are at high risk for that. Who are you to give them the final hit and infect them with covid-19 because you don't want to wear a f*king mask?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back