Dynadot

news Covid19-Coronavirus updates and news

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mister Funsky

Top Member
Impact
Having relatives and friends scattered all over the globe, I am getting an overload of input (some on the record and some off the record).

My intention for this thread is for community members from around the world to post first hand stories and/or links to information sources that, for the most part, should be reliable.

In my community, just outside a major southeastern city, 'assets' have been placed. Only because I have friends in both high and low places have I heard about some of this. At this point it is only some basic medical supplies that should be equally distributed anyway in preparation for a natural emergency (hurricane/wildfire/etc.).

I will start with posting a link to a site with current data that seems to come from an aggregate of sources and hope others will do the same as they come across similar sites/pages.

Because of the 'typhoid Mary' spread-ability of this disease, I feel we may be in for a really large spread globally which will impact the global economy and through extension, retail domain prices.

One thing is for sure...things will get worse before they get better.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa-coronavirus/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
There are 236 NYPD members who have tested positive for coronavirus

There are 236 members of the New York Police Department who have tested positive for coronavirus, according to numbers provided by the department.

Of those, 197 are officers and 39 are civilians, the department said.

Additionally, 3,200 police officers are out sick, which is just about 9% of the entire NYPD.

•••
I hope scientists in the US are looking at any possible mutated new strain of the virus, her being so young and healthy is somewhat contrary to what is being reported.
Actually I saw a graph on cases by age - pretty sure it was US. It was a flattish bell curve. Lots of cases in their 30s, 40s 50s, lots of them serious or critical.

Nobody has immunity to this and anyone can be seriously affected.

•••
Just talked to a good friend of mine who's a nurse on the front lines here in the States, and she told me they're now having to make a single-use mask last for an entire 12-hour shift -- and then save it for their next shift too!! WTF!!

Sending her my masks first thing tomorrow. She needs them a lot more than I need them for grocery runs. If anyone who's not especially at-risk has masks they're sitting on, I would encourage you to donate them to front-line workers. If they go down, we're all in trouble.

•••
Italy appears to have reached it's peak in daily deaths... but still extremely high... 683 today.

Spain still climbing and trying hard to catch up to Italy... 656 today

USA (247) and France (231) had about the same # of deaths as yesterday, though USA had a considerable jump in # of new cases... not far from China's and Italy's total of infected people now!
upload_2020-3-26_2-51-33.png

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

•••
Just talked to a good friend of mine who's a nurse on the front lines here in the States, and she told me they're now having to make a single-use mask last for an entire 12-hour shift -- and then save it for their next shift too!! WTF!!

Sending her my masks first thing tomorrow. She needs them a lot more than I need them for grocery runs. If anyone who's not especially at-risk has masks they're sitting on, I would encourage you to donate them to front-line workers. If they go down, we're all in trouble.

I'm giving my new ones, as well. Will use my 3 used ones I found.

If they could get enough masks so they could put aside used ones long enough that any corona on them might die before using them again.... Thinking that might help/work(?) Even if hospitals think they won't go that route, maybe doctors/nurses should be saving used masks just in case.

Why haven't they designed reusable N95 masks?
https://www.fastcompany.com/90481370/why-havent-they-designed-reusable-n95-masks?utm_campaign=eem524:524:s00:20200325_fc&utm_medium=Compass&utm_source=newsletter

Last edited:
•••
Italy appears to have reached it's peak in daily deaths... but still extremely high... 683 today.

Spain still climbing and trying hard to catch up to Italy... 656 today

USA (247) and France (231) had about the same # of deaths as yesterday, though USA had a considerable jump in # of new cases... not far from China's and Italy's total of infected people now!
Show attachment 148641

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Italy has to be very concerning because the whole country has been completely shut down for a while now and look at the number of cases , that with people that have been in quarantine for a while now getting the the virus.

•••
•••
•••
in india you get your butt kicked with a baton or pushups for being outside........

at 21:00

•••
some more facts... the dot connecting is up to us...

Last edited:
•••
Lockdown is the only option if you want people in your country to survive this pandemic. I do not mind people here agree or not. In India if you roam outside without any reason, you will have your butt swollen before you reach your home. Only essential services are allowed such as provision stores, medical shops, grocers.

If foreigners are stuck in India, request them to consult with their embassy. They will help you. Today hundreds of Israelis went back to Israel during this lockdown.

https://twitter.com/DrRonMalka/status/1243111980702945280

Coming to the Wuhan virus, China has already started their propaganda. Twitter was banned in China and now if you write #ChineseVirus or #WuhanVirus hashtag, you will find a loads of Chinese bots attacking your TL.

Meanwhile this.

chineseviruspropaganda.png

You will find many articles in international news publications praising China in coming days.

Last edited:
•••
Lockdown is the only option if you want people in your country to survive this pandemic. I do not mind people here agree or not. In India if you roam outside without any reason, you will have your butt swollen before you reach your home. Only essential services are allowed such as provision stores, medical shops, grocers.

If foreigners are stuck in India, request them to consult with their embassy. They will help you. Yesterday hundreds of Israelis went back to Israel during this lockdown.

https://twitter.com/DrRonMalka/status/1243111980702945280

Coming to the Wuhan virus, China has already started their propaganda. Twitter was banned in China and now if you write #ChineseVirus or #WuhanVirus hashtag, you will find a loads of Chinese bots attacking your TL.

Meanwhile this.

Show attachment 148670

You will find many articles in international news publications praising China in coming days.

well i do not mind it either if people here agree or not with me and trump that remedy shouldn't be worse than virus.... that lockdown can ruin economy, ruin country, cause suicides, despressions, social unrests, murders over food and money shortages, and one million other things directly related to it.... so basically, total chaos.

so have all this, or a lockdown. to many the choice is obvious. hopefully its obvious to trump too. and he chooses the lesser of two evils. tough choice as both will cause deaths and have serious consequences. heavy is the head that wears the crown.

cheers

•••
well i do not mind it either if people here agree or not with me and trump that remedy shouldn't be worse than virus.... that lockdown can ruin economy, ruin country, cause suicides, despressions, social unrests, murders over food and money shortages, and one million other things directly related to it.... so basically, total chaos.

so have all this, or a lockdown. to many the choice is obvious. hopefully its obvious to trump too. and he chooses the lesser of two evils. tough choice as both will cause deaths and have serious consequences. heavy is the head that wears the crown.

cheers

Everyone has their views and I respect all opinions. The only thing is that the disease is contagious and dangerous than many think. Italy has fatality rate of 10% at the moment. Italy government didn't act sooner when the outbreak started.

Imagine having no lock down and people roaming here and there infecting everyone around them.

So yes the economy will be in shambles, their might be chances of suicides too. But overall, the choice is to save as many lives as possible.

•••

You remove the quarantines and go back to business as usual too soon and you know who you’ll lose? Your medical teams and first responders for one. Then anyone who gets ANY potentially life threatening illness is screwed.
They’re already talking about bringing refrigerated trucks to NY because the morgues will be overrun.
The whole point of a quarantine is to buy time - avoid overburdening resources, while developing treatments and a vaccine.

A quarantine isn’t forever. But if your house is burning down, you don’t go back into the burning house because you think the fire “should” be out by a certain time.

Philadelphia made that mistake in 1918. Let’s not be Philadelphia.

You got those dire scenarios straight from the mouth of someone who lies and exaggerates constantly and has no concern for anything but himself and his own bank account.

You’re entitled to your opinions, but I seriously doubt a quarantine is going to cause the chaos our sociopathic potus claims it will. It’s a temporary and necessary measure. Take care of the people and businesses in need now and we’ll come out whole on the other side of this.

Last edited:
•••
As reported by The New York Times after speaking with experts on the matter, creating and being able to distribute a vaccine to the public takes well over a year "even if nothing goes wrong."
Scientists from Columbia University have suggested that the number of new cases per day will peak between June and July if moderate control measures are taken; after that, new daily cases will decrease at the same rate it increased over the past several months and those to come.

Source: https://news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-march-26-trending-questions-us-google-search-105035704.html

•••
You remove the quarantines and go back to business as usual too soon and you know who you’ll lose? Your medical teams and first responders for one. Then anyone who gets ANY potentially life threatening illness is screwed.
They’re already talking about bringing refrigerated trucks to NY because the morgues will be overrun.
The whole point of a quarantine is to buy time - avoid overburdening resources, while developing treatments and a vaccine.

A quarantine isn’t forever. But if your house is burning down, you don’t go back into the burning house because you think the fire “should” be out by a certain time.

Philadelphia made that mistake in 1918. Let’s not be Philadelphia.

You got those dire scenarios straight from the mouth of someone who lies and exaggerates constantly and has no concern for anything but himself and his own bank account.

You’re entitled to your opinions, but I seriously doubt a quarantine is going to cause the chaos our sociopathic potus claims it will. It’s a temporary and necessary measure. Take care of the people and businesses in need now and we’ll come out whole on the other side of this.

well, with all we see going on even with people locked down, i see why its so easy for you to say locking down the whole world is the better solution.

so its really not easy at this stage for most people to see how keeping the whole world locked down for longer, can end up in chaos even 1000 times than we have now. if now, we already we have so much chaos and death.

as i said, heavy the head that wears the crown.

Last edited:
•••
good video on economic consequences.. etc... the more we know, the better... open mind is key...

•••
Current covid19 death numbers as of 8:00 am EST are below, primarily from the source in the original post (https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus). Please copy and place the list to correct any wrong numbers and/or to add your country of origin.

Total: 22,067
US: 1,036
UK: 465
Spain: 1326
France: 1,331
AU: 13
Italy 7503
Canada: 36
Indonesia: 78
India: 14

•••
•••
Again, everybody just calm down....this thing is just like the flu. (the next person that says this to me to my face today will get b*tch slapped...seriously, I am carrying 1000 cash for bail).

Hospital Capacity Crosses Tipping Point in U.S. Coronavirus Hot Spots
Epicenters resort to patient transfers and a makeshift morgue to cope as coronavirus infections mount

https://www.wsj.com/articles/hospit...oint-in-u-s-coronavirus-hot-spots-11585215006

•••

This is a very honorable thing to do but make sure to hang on to a few masks for you and those you may live with...the time may come when one or more of you will need them. There is nothing wrong with protecting yourself and/or loved ones...these clowns sitting on dozens or hundreds of masks (per person) are the ones causing shortages for healthcare workers.

•••
The reason even the most serious lockdown will "look" like it's not working for a while is because there's a lag. You got the 2-14 day incubation period, and then even those who will end up in critical need of medical attention aren't typically going to need it right away. So we're talking many WEEKS before you're gonna notice, and that's IF the lockdown is actually working. If it's a weak "stay at home" request like in the US, you may barely even notice a difference in the hospitals.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Cant see dr. Cant see chiropractor, dentists are out. Impossible to get thru to service canada. Cant go for fucking coffee, ya jb, this happens every year. India locks down every flu season. slap the crap outa them mister funsky
I got multiple contractors coming in today to do reno’s in rental house here. The woman next to me is coughing like whooping cough, she works in a seniors home. If i dont have virus already i soon will.

•••
Back