IT.COM

news Covid19-Coronavirus updates and news

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mister Funsky

Top Member
Impact
Having relatives and friends scattered all over the globe, I am getting an overload of input (some on the record and some off the record).

My intention for this thread is for community members from around the world to post first hand stories and/or links to information sources that, for the most part, should be reliable.

In my community, just outside a major southeastern city, 'assets' have been placed. Only because I have friends in both high and low places have I heard about some of this. At this point it is only some basic medical supplies that should be equally distributed anyway in preparation for a natural emergency (hurricane/wildfire/etc.).

I will start with posting a link to a site with current data that seems to come from an aggregate of sources and hope others will do the same as they come across similar sites/pages.

Because of the 'typhoid Mary' spread-ability of this disease, I feel we may be in for a really large spread globally which will impact the global economy and through extension, retail domain prices.

One thing is for sure...things will get worse before they get better.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa-coronavirus/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Coronavirus (COVID-19): guidance and support - GOV.UK

Cheers
Corey

•••

Restaurant Owner Blockades Health Inspector's Car in Protest.
Carlos Roman, owner of Bread and Barley's in Covina, California, used his truck to blockade the car of a public health inspector who issued a 'Notice Of Closure' order to Roman's restaurant for defying co.vid restrictions on outdoor dining.

•••
•••
Everyone with a minimal degree of intelligence knew the numbers being reported were far too low.

Everyone in the medical field, especially those who specialize as Epidimiologists KNOW that TOTAL MORTALITY is NOT ELEVATED worldwide.

•••
Estimated 1.56 billion face masks will have entered oceans in 2020

Along with untold numbers of disinfecting wipes, disposable gloves, PPE and covid test kits.

•••
Don’t Let the Pandemic Stop Your Shots

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/28/health/coronavirus-elderly-vaccines.html

"Even as older adults await the coronavirus vaccine, many are skipping the standard ones. That’s not wise, health experts say.

While older adults await vaccination against Covid-19, public health officials also worry about their forgoing, forgetting, fearing or simply not knowing about those other vaccines — the ones recommended for adults as we age and our immune systems weaken."

•••
Vaccine Memories of Another Time and Place

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/25/health/covid-vaccine-polio.html

"Many older Americans, shut in during this year’s pandemic, share haunting recollections from the polio era of their childhood.

Lynne Seymour was 8 years old in 1955, when her mother, a nurse, let out a startling noise while listening to the radio at their home in Berkeley, Calif.

“She started jumping up and down, crying and laughing at the same time,” Ms. Seymour said. “It scared me a little because I didn’t know what was happening. So I said, ‘Mom, what is it?’”

Her mother explained that Dr. Jonas Salk, a medical researcher, had developed a vaccine for a dangerous virus. “It meant we wouldn’t have to worry about polio anymore, and children wouldn’t be in iron lungs and we would go back to the swimming pool,” Ms. Seymour said. “It was like a dark cloud had lifted.”

•••
For Scientists Who Study Virus Transmission, 2020 Was A Watershed Year

When Linsey Marr looks back at the beginning of 2020, what strikes her is how few people in the world really understood how viruses can travel through the air.

"In the past year, we've come farther in understanding airborne transmission, or at least kind of beyond just the few experts who study it, than we have in decades," says Marr. "Frankly, I thought it would take us another 30 years to get to where we are now."

The urgency of the coronavirus pandemic thrust her once obscure field into the spotlight, as everyone from public health experts to ordinary citizens tried to gauge the safety of myriad activities, such as going to the grocery store, swimming at the beach or gathering for a party.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...-virus-transmission-2020-was-a-watershed-year

•••
Scientists fought coronavirus, now they face the battle against disinformation

By Jim Al-Khalili

The public’s appetite for science has never been stronger, but only openness can confound the deluge of fake narratives.

Way back, in those halcyon and innocent times pre-Covid, scientists’ roles in society seemed much simpler. We knew where we stood when it came to explaining our work to the public. It was either exciting, like reporting on the discovery of a new particle or exoplanet, or it was completely ignored by an uninterested world struggling to understand subjects too remote from everyday experience. It almost seems hard to believe now, but there was a time when epidemiologists, immunologists and virologists – today’s near-superheroes and villains – could only dream of being given airtime or column inches to talk about their areas of expertise.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...w-they-face-the-battle-against-disinformation

Edited

Last edited:
•••
Sewage testing can reveal the genetic fingerprint of coronavirus up to three weeks before cases are reported through clinical testing, an Australian-first study has found.

Australian study shows wastewater testing can detect coronavirus weeks before people show symptoms - ABC News

Cheers
Corey

•••
If you want to travel next year, you may need a vaccine passport

Now that coronavirus vaccines are starting to roll out in the U.S. and abroad, many people may be dreaming of the day when they can travel, shop and go to the movies again. But in order to do those activities, you may eventually need something in addition to the vaccine: a vaccine passport application.

Several companies and technology groups have begun developing smartphone apps or systems for individuals to upload details of their COVID-19 tests and vaccinations, creating digital credentials that could be shown in order to enter concert venues, stadiums, movie theaters, offices or even countries.

The Common Trust Network, an initiative by Geneva-based nonprofit The Commons Project and the World Economic Forum, has partnered with several airlines including Cathay Pacific, JetBlue, Lufthansa, Swiss Airlines, United Airlines and Virgin Atlantic, as well as hundreds of health systems across the United States and the government of Aruba.

The CommonPass app created by the group allows users to upload medical data such as a COVID-19 test result or, eventually, a proof of vaccination by a hospital or medical professional, generating a health certificate or pass in the form of a QR code that can be shown to authorities without revealing sensitive information. For travel, the app lists health pass requirements at the points of departure and arrival based on your itinerary.

Last edited:
•••
Zach Bush MD: The Virome : Coronaviruses are in the microbiome.

Last edited:
•••

New WHO Guidance on PCR Tests with Dr. Pam Popper

"The test cannot distinguish between whole virus and virus fragments"

Last edited:
•••
Current Covid19 death numbers as of 8:00 am EST are below, primarily from the source in the original post (https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus). If your country of interest is not listed below, simply go to the link above to do a search for relevant information.

Total: 1,784,581
United States: 343,186
Brazil: 191,641
South Africa: 27,071
United Kingdom: 71,109
Canada: 15,121
Mexico: 122,855
Poland: 27,454
Russia: 55,827
India: 148,190
Bolivia: 9,106
Japan : 3,252
Indonesia: 21,703
Italy: 72,370
Spain: 50,122
Belgium: 19,234
France: 63,109
Netherlands: 11,042
Chile: 16,443
Philippines: 9,162

•••
•••
Clearly those who wrote the script years in advance know how gullible and programmable the masses are.

Common sense will win.

Masks don't prevent viral transmission. This fact has been known for awhile.

There were legit research studies completed decades ago that proved this.

And Steiner did great work about a century ago that really proved it :xf.wink:

N95 Mask work, surgical mask for the intended purpose. Cloth mask are worse than no-mask. Most people I observe, including doctors, repeatedly touch their mask to adjust it.

Fuci is a liar.

•••
N95 Mask work, surgical mask for the intended purpose. Cloth mask are worse than no-mask. Most people I observe, including doctors, repeatedly touch their mask to adjust it.

Fuci is a liar.

And those who chronically wear masks are prone to bacteria infections and oral diseases.
Dr.SHIVA LIVE: Masks & Oral Health: Systems Biology of Periodontal Disease & Effect of Masks

Just ask Forked Tongue Fraudci about his stance on the
"Spanish Flu Pandemic" . . .

Predominant Role of Bacterial Pneumonia as a Cause of Death in Pandemic Influenza: Implications for Pandemic Influenza Preparedness
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2599911/

Last edited:
•••
nRNA vaccines is the revolution that will change the era of vaccination against many viruses and diseases already known, and the new ones to come.
New mRNA vaccines will come for HIV, herpes, the Zika virus, rabies, and influenza.
Although the following article is about the vaccine Pioneers receiving covid-19 vaccine, it talks also about the new vaccines to come:

University of Pennsylvania mRNA Biology Pioneers Receive COVID-19 Vaccine Enabled by their Foundational Research

https://www.pennmedicine.org/news/n...accine-enabled-by-their-foundational-research

"Vaccines relying on mRNA are backed by years of research and safety data, and have several attributes, which are distinct from other historic approaches to vaccine technology. First, they do not contain live virus, so there is no risk of COVID-19 infection from taking the vaccination. Data also show the new vaccines are highly effective, with Moderna and Pfizer/BioNTech clinical trials demonstrating efficacy of about 95 percent in all racial groups. In addition, mRNA vaccines are quicker and easier to produce than traditional vaccines. Other mRNA vaccines are now being studied in clinical trials for HIV, herpes, the Zika virus, rabies, and influenza."

Last edited:
•••

Fuci is a liar.

Do us all a courtesy and try to stay on topic to the thread. The thread title is a dead giveaway as to what we are looking for here:

Covid19-Coronavirus updates and news

There is another thread for conspiracy theories and opinions. People are coming here for information...if you have a news link that is central to your thoughts/feelings, please add it as it will make your posts more relevant.

•••
•••
Spain to keep registry of people who refuse COVID-19 vaccine, will share with EU: health minister

https://www.foxnews.com/world/spain-registry-refuse-coronavirus-vaccine-european-union

It is likely coming to a country near you. I said early on in this thread proof of vaccination could be required for public transport (possibly entry into some public buildings as well). I am sure some will opt for the embedded chip rather than fumble with a card. I'm afraid a brave new world could be just around the corner.

•••
Spain to keep registry of people who refuse COVID-19 vaccine, will share with EU: health minister

https://www.foxnews.com/world/spain-registry-refuse-coronavirus-vaccine-european-union

It is likely coming to a country near you. I said early on in this thread proof of vaccination could be required for public transport (possibly entry into some public buildings as well). I am sure some will opt for the embedded chip rather than fumble with a card. I'm afraid a brave new world could be just around the corner.
I think that every country should keep track of people refusing to get the vaccine. Why? So when they get infected, to make them pay entirely for the treatment.

•••
I think that every country should keep track of people refusing to get the vaccine. Why? So when they get infected, to make them pay entirely for the treatment.

Now we are tiptoeing beyond communism to fascist nazism with comments like that one . . .

Last edited:
•••
Fauci Admits He's Been Lying About Herd Immunity In Order to Manipulate US
https://redstate.com/brandon_morse/...rd-immunity-in-order-to-manipulate-us-n300795

When gov leaders lie, contradict themselves and pass it of as doing it for your own good, you should question everything they've said.

Stats posted in this forum are manipulated numbers. Some for the better, some for the worse.
An 80% of people vaccinated should be fine. The rest of 20% of people not wanting to get vaccinate sure will have a funny time when they get infected. They will have time at ICU to kick their heads on the table thinking why they didn't get the vaccine when it was available.
Now we are tiptoeing beyond communism to fascist nazism with comments like that one . . .
When you talk about communism and fascist nazism, you are talking about yourself, that's for sure.

Last edited:
•••
When you talk about communism and fascist nazism, you are talking for yourself, that's for sure.

I'm very pro freedom, pro common sense and pro USA ideals.

Speak for yourself.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back