IT.COM

news Covid19-Coronavirus updates and news

NameSilo
Watch

Mister Funsky

Top Member
Impact
Having relatives and friends scattered all over the globe, I am getting an overload of input (some on the record and some off the record).

My intention for this thread is for community members from around the world to post first hand stories and/or links to information sources that, for the most part, should be reliable.

In my community, just outside a major southeastern city, 'assets' have been placed. Only because I have friends in both high and low places have I heard about some of this. At this point it is only some basic medical supplies that should be equally distributed anyway in preparation for a natural emergency (hurricane/wildfire/etc.).

I will start with posting a link to a site with current data that seems to come from an aggregate of sources and hope others will do the same as they come across similar sites/pages.

Because of the 'typhoid Mary' spread-ability of this disease, I feel we may be in for a really large spread globally which will impact the global economy and through extension, retail domain prices.

One thing is for sure...things will get worse before they get better.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa-coronavirus/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Whoa man, breathe. I think when you read this stuff every day, you get a bit caught up. Not to be cold but it's still not doing regular flu numbers. It's all over the media and they need to report on it but I think it's really getting people anxious.

I tried telling @.X. that he's going overboard with his fear mongering and panicking.
He needs to pop another weed gummie and chill.
Next thing he'll post is to put aluminum foil over the walls.

Last edited:
•••
Didn't dig too deep into this but I just saw this pop up. Probably, a better chance than Vitamin C:
San Diego lab discovers COVID-19 / coronavirus vaccine in 3 hours

Whoa man, breathe. I think when you read this stuff every day, you get a bit caught up. Not to be cold but it's still not doing regular flu numbers. It's all over the media and they need to report on it but I think it's really getting people anxious.

I am not all that anxious about it, very concerned though. I have never been a prepper or paid much attention conspiracy junk, this virus just doesn't add up, the CDC lack of actions don't make sense, we will just have to see how all this plays out.

•••
I tried telling @.X. that he's going overboard with his fear mongering and panicking.
He needs to pop another weed gummie and chill.
Next thing he'll post is to put aluminum foil over the walls.

the gummies are for self isolation if it comes to that, the intensity and it last like 8 hours before i come down, i will eat them only one at a time on a weekend when i have nothing going on if it ends up there is no call for a quarantine. the fuckers are stout LOL, thanks blonde chick from colorado :) lol.

Just will smoke a little for now.

•••
•••
the gummies are for self isolation if it comes to that, the intensity and it last like 8 hours before i come down, i will eat them only one at a time on a weekend when i have nothing going on if it ends up there is no call for a quarantine. the f*ckers are stout LOL, thanks blonde chick from colorado :) lol.

Just will smoke a little for now.

The herb is kind. BTW tell blond chick from Colorado I got a kick-ass domain for her gummies: Gummj .com (just sayin' :xf.wink:)

•••
•••
^ Wondering if he shook hands with His Majesty

•••
Been occupied with many issues today (covid is one) plus I have been having intermittent internet service. This coming week will define many things for us as individuals, as a nation and as part of a global community. I think the time is nearing that disclosure of many of the facts surrounding this pandemic will be made public. It may take a little longer than a week or so, but the facts should stifle many speculations...a careful search on the engines are revealing more and more first hand reports and information that is not being 'given' to us through traditional sources. We all hope and pray this thing will fade away, and it might, but every day I become more concerned this is just the tip of the iceberg. The kindness I saw just a few days ago is not so evident...stress and intensity seem to be prevalent as I have traveled today...maybe I am just tired from lack of sleep...maybe my powers of observation are heightened...come Thursday or Friday there may be some answers.

•••
•••
16,000 people dead now and growing. 280,000+ hospitalized. Red is high activity level

week-9.jpg

Last edited:
•••
^ source of information please

•••
•••
16,000 people dead now and growing. 280,000+ hospitalized. Red is high activity level

week-9.jpg

Keep in mind that the total in RED is 539 confirmed cases.

•••
That's the basic flu map.

Regular flu - 16,000 dead, 280,000+ hospitalized this flu season

Coronavirus - 22 dead

Which one are people freaking out with.

•••

Coronavirus - 22 dead

16 total recovered.
The one that sells the news and makes them money.

•••
Flu + COVID = trouble for US all

Last time I had the flu shot I got sick from it - symptoms similar to Lyme disease, lasted for months, it brought down my immunity BIGTIME, enough so that I eventually ended up contracting mono. It was brutal!

Last edited:
•••
•••
This is a pretty bad combo, Flu plus Pneumonia, almost 7% death rate:

"Based on National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) mortality surveillance data available on March 5, 2020, 6.9% of the deaths occurring during the week ending February 22, 2020 (week 8) were due to P&I. This percentage is below the epidemic threshold of 7.3% for week 8."

-------
I was thinking earlier it was mentioned raids and having to defend yourself. Not with this but imagine if we had something doing Plague numbers. Then it would be crazy.

"The Black Death is estimated to have killed 30% to 60% of Europe's population"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Death

Going a bit off topic. Can you imagine something spreading that was killing off half the population?

I'll give you one...only one...guess.

Maybe, that's one way the media can flip it. Lead with basic flu numbers and map, and then compare them. But that won't get the views.

Last edited:
•••
This is a pretty bad combo, Flu plus Pneumonia, almost 7% death rate:

"Based on National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) mortality surveillance data available on March 5, 2020, 6.9% of the deaths occurring during the week ending February 22, 2020 (week 8) were due to P&I. This percentage is below the epidemic threshold of 7.3% for week 8."

-------
I was thinking earlier it was mentioned raids and having to defend yourself. Not with this but imagine if we had something doing Plague numbers. Then it would be crazy.

"The Black Death is estimated to have killed 30% to 60% of Europe's population"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Death

Going a bit off topic.

It takes quite a lot to get my attention these days...I'm really worried the world leaders are/have bungled this one.

add: I think the adjusted death rate globally will be 12% or more

•••
Flu + COVID = trouble for US all

Last time I had the flu shot I got sick from it - symptoms similar to Lyme disease, lasted for months, it brought down my immunity BIGTIME, enough so that I eventually ended up contracting mono. It was brutal!

Myself, wife and my mother NEVER took the flu shot. We are all healthy thank God, my father, my sister and aunt did... their in graves. Sorry to sound morbid but ill take natural remedies over prescription drugs any day.

•••

Coronavirus - 22 dead

How about the death rates?

Also, the 16,000 dead were within how many months? The 22 dead were within how many days?

Last edited:
•••
Just like the common cold, there is no simple cure for viruses. They insert their genetic material into a human cell's DNA in order to reproduce. The body naturally produces interferon which "interferes" with viral replication by protecting healthy cells from virus infections. Young people produce larger amounts of interferon than the aged, which is why older populations are more suseptible. The difference here with COVID is the incubation period is longer, the "not knowing" part causes more of a concern, coupled with the increased ability of the virus to spread.

Last edited:
•••
It takes quite a lot to get my attention these days...I'm really worried the world leaders are/have bungled this one.

add: I think the adjusted death rate globally will be 12% or more

I agree , however the final outcome of coronavirus ends up, the CDC , WHO, either weren't prepared or just turned their heads the other way.

•••
In China, the COVID outbreak occurred at the worst possible time - Chinese New Year - when mass numbers of people were travelling home (coincidentally the Year of the Rat - it was the rat which spread the Black Death in Europe thru infected fleas, which when the rodent died went on to bite humans). If bird flu affected the turkey population it would have a similar effect during traditional holidays in US/Canada.

Last edited:
•••
... We all hope and pray this thing will fade away, and it might, but every day I become more concerned this is just the tip of the iceberg. The kindness I saw just a few days ago is not so evident...stress and intensity seem to be prevalent as I have traveled today...

When it gets closer to home, many people begin to panic. A fight, flight or freeze response is programmed into the human sympathetic nervous/adrenal-cortical system triggered by acute stress (nowadays exacerbated by media) which releases hormones as a survival response.

•••
Back