Dynadot

news Covid19-Coronavirus updates and news

NameSilo
Watch

Mister Funsky

Top Member
Impact
Having relatives and friends scattered all over the globe, I am getting an overload of input (some on the record and some off the record).

My intention for this thread is for community members from around the world to post first hand stories and/or links to information sources that, for the most part, should be reliable.

In my community, just outside a major southeastern city, 'assets' have been placed. Only because I have friends in both high and low places have I heard about some of this. At this point it is only some basic medical supplies that should be equally distributed anyway in preparation for a natural emergency (hurricane/wildfire/etc.).

I will start with posting a link to a site with current data that seems to come from an aggregate of sources and hope others will do the same as they come across similar sites/pages.

Because of the 'typhoid Mary' spread-ability of this disease, I feel we may be in for a really large spread globally which will impact the global economy and through extension, retail domain prices.

One thing is for sure...things will get worse before they get better.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa-coronavirus/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
She must listen to fox news.

upload_2020-12-7_10-53-5.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
'Fauci Effect' Drives Record Number Of Medical School Applications

Stanford University School of Medicine reports a 50% jump in the number of applications, or 11,000 applications for 90 seats. Boston University School of Medicine says applications are up 27%, to 12,024 for about 110 seats.

"That, I think, may have a lot to do with the fact that people look at Anthony Fauci, look at the doctors in their community and say, 'You know, that is amazing. This is a way for me to make a difference,'" said Kristen Goodell, associate dean of admissions at the school of medicine at BU.

Medical school admissions officers have started calling this the Fauci Effect.

https://www.npr.org/2020/12/07/9421...-record-number-of-medical-school-applications

Last edited:
•••
Stanford University School of Medicine reports a 50% jump in the number of applications

This is great news...I hesitate to use the phrase 'silver lining' in association with this mess, but the future was looking bleak for the numbers of doctors entering the work force. It is a tough and expensive route for a person to take and it is heartwarming to see young people wanting to step up.

•••
•••
Figured I would post this here as well. Just seeing this now, still reading thru it all. Haven't heard from the other side. But they have their guns out as you can see in the video.

There will be no update today. At 8:30 am this morning, state police came into my house and took all my hardware and tech. They were serving a warrant on my computer after DOH filed a complaint. They pointed a gun in my face. They pointed guns at my kids..

They took my phone and the computer I use every day to post the case numbers in Florida, and school cases for the entire country. They took evidence of corruption at the state level. They claimed it was about a security breach. This was DeSantis. He sent the gestapo.

This is what happens to scientists who do their job honestly. This is what happens to people who speak truth to power. I tell them my husband and my two children are upstairs... and THEN one of them draws his gun. On my children. This is Desantis' Florida.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Wow...2020 can't end quickly enough for me.

World War I trench fever disease detected in Canada’s homeless population

The illness, which is caused by the bacteria Bartonella quintana, killed millions of troops during World War I from 1914 to 1918, when it was first described. Its symptoms include fever, muscle aches, headaches, rashes and pain in the shins.

https://nypost.com/2020/12/07/wwi-trench-fever-identified-among-homeless-in-canada/

•••
Last edited:
•••
Britain becomes first to roll out clinically approved BioNTech-Pfizer vaccine

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/...lly-approved-biontech-pfizer-vaccine-n1250330

"It's the best early birthday present I could wish for," said the vaccine's first recipient, Margaret Keenan, who turns 91 next week.

"On Tuesday, 334 days after the first reported Covid-19 death in China, Margaret Keenan, 90, became the first person in the world to receive a clinically approved vaccine.

It was a landmark moment in the global fight against the most destructive pandemic in 100 years. In approving and delivering the BioNTech-Pfizer vaccine, Britain is forging a path that will likely be followed by the United States and Europe in the coming weeks.

"This feels like the beginning of the end," professor Stephen Powis, the National Health Service’s national medical director, said Sunday ahead of the rollout. "But, of course, it is a marathon, not a sprint, and it will take many months to vaccinate everybody who needs vaccination."

Last edited:
•••
Demand for Covid vaccines expected to get heated — and fast

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/demand-covid-vaccines-expected-get-heated-fast-n1250060

Experts say they expect attitudes about the coronavirus vaccines to shift dramatically from hesitancy to "Beanie Baby"-level urgency.

Reports that vaccines produced by the drugmakers Pfizer and BioNTech and Moderna appear to be safe and effective, along with the deliberate emphasis on science-based guidance from the incoming Biden administration, are likely to reverse uncertainty in a big way, said Arthur Caplan, director of the division of medical ethics at New York University School of Medicine.

"I think that's going to flip the trust issue," he said.

"As we get closer to the vaccine being a reality, there's a lot of jockeying, to be sure," said Katie Smith Sloan, chief executive of LeadingAge, a nonprofit organization pushing for staff members and patients at long-term care centers to be in the highest-priority category.

•••
One year since 'first' COVID-19 symptoms in China

It has been a year since the first person confirmed to be infected with the coronavirus in Wuhan, China, is believed to have begun exhibiting symptoms.

Chinese authorities have said the person developed pneumonia on December 8, 2019.

One year later, it is still unclear where the virus came from and how it was transmitted to humans.

•••
Current Covid19 death numbers as of 8:00 am EST are below, primarily from the source in the original post (https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus). If your country of interest is not listed below, simply go to the link above to do a search for relevant information.

Total: 1,553,703
United States: 290,798
Brazil: 177,388
South Africa: 22,249
United Kingdom: 61,434
Canada: 12,777
Mexico: 110,074
Poland: 20,592
Russia: 44,159
India: 141,005
Bolivia: 8,997
Japan : 2,335
Indonesia: 18,000
Italy: 60,606
Spain: 46,646
Belgium: 17,386
France: 55,521
Netherlands: 9,704
Chile: 15,663
Philippines: 8,670

•••
Research reveals how airflow inside a car may affect COVID-19 transmission risk

A new study of airflow patterns inside a car's passenger cabin offers some suggestions for potentially reducing the risk of COVID-19 transmission while sharing rides with others.

The study, by a team of Brown University researchers, used computer models to simulate the airflow inside a compact car with various combinations of windows open or closed. The simulations showed that opening windows — the more windows the better — created airflow patterns that dramatically reduced the concentration of airborne particles exchanged between a driver and a single passenger. Blasting the car’s ventilation system didn’t circulate air nearly as well as a few open windows, the researchers found.

TwoWindowssmall.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Pfizer’s Vaccine Offers Strong Protection After First Dose

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/08/health/covid-vaccine-pfizer.html

"The Food and Drug Administration’s first analysis of the clinical trial data also found that the coronavirus vaccine worked well regardless of a volunteer’s race, weight or age.

The coronavirus vaccine made by Pfizer and BioNTech provides strong protection against Covid-19 within about 10 days of the first dose, according to documents published on Tuesday by the Food and Drug Administration.

The efficacy of the vaccine after the first dose is about 52 percent, according to Dr. William C. Gruber, senior vice president of Pfizer Vaccine Clinical Research and Development. After the second dose, that rises to about 95 percent. “Two doses of vaccine provide maximum protection,” he said.

Some vaccines for other diseases set off a weak immune response in older adults. But Pfizer and BioNTech found that people over 65 got about as much protection from the coronavirus vaccine as younger people did."

•••
Current Covid19 death numbers as of 8:00 am EST are below, primarily from the source in the original post (https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus). If your country of interest is not listed below, simply go to the link above to do a search for relevant information.

Total: 1,566,366

United States: 293,496
Brazil: 178,184
South Africa: 22,432
United Kingdom: 62,033
Canada: 12,867
Mexico: 110,874
Poland: 21,160
Russia: 44,718
India: 141,398
Bolivia: 9,002
Japan : 2,382
Indonesia: 18,171
Italy: 61,240
Spain: 46,646
Belgium: 17,507
France: 56,352
Netherlands: 9,841
Chile: 15,680
Philippines: 8,677

•••
Wow...2020 can't end quickly enough for me.

World War I trench fever disease detected in Canada’s homeless population

The illness, which is caused by the bacteria Bartonella quintana, killed millions of troops during World War I from 1914 to 1918, when it was first described. Its symptoms include fever, muscle aches, headaches, rashes and pain in the shins.

https://nypost.com/2020/12/07/wwi-trench-fever-identified-among-homeless-in-canada/

Is that the Spanish flu?

•••
Is that the Spanish flu?
Flu is caused by a virus (influenza) not a bacteria. And that article talks about "a potentially fatal bacterial disease transmitted by body lice".

•••
Flu is caused by a virus (influenza) not a bacteria. And that article talks about "a potentially fatal bacterial disease transmitted by body lice".

Thanks. Was too lazy to check myself.

•••
Amazing progressive government will allow homeless to uses drugs, public defecation, live in general filth because it's inhumane to hold people with mental illness or drug addiction to standards but restaurants, Churches are limited.

Last edited:
•••
Wuhan Virus Politics in Two Pictures. The virus isn't spreading because people don't wear mask.

1)
upload_2020-12-9_9-16-11.png

2)

upload_2020-12-9_9-15-15.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
Is that the Spanish flu?

Sutruk is correct...it caught my eye because the article said millions died in WW1...haven't had a chance to check that data but it seems way high.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back