IT.COM

news Covid19-Coronavirus updates and news

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mister Funsky

Top Member
Impact
Having relatives and friends scattered all over the globe, I am getting an overload of input (some on the record and some off the record).

My intention for this thread is for community members from around the world to post first hand stories and/or links to information sources that, for the most part, should be reliable.

In my community, just outside a major southeastern city, 'assets' have been placed. Only because I have friends in both high and low places have I heard about some of this. At this point it is only some basic medical supplies that should be equally distributed anyway in preparation for a natural emergency (hurricane/wildfire/etc.).

I will start with posting a link to a site with current data that seems to come from an aggregate of sources and hope others will do the same as they come across similar sites/pages.

Because of the 'typhoid Mary' spread-ability of this disease, I feel we may be in for a really large spread globally which will impact the global economy and through extension, retail domain prices.

One thing is for sure...things will get worse before they get better.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa-coronavirus/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
•••

An Experiment eh , Dr.Tyson is a very reliable source IMO, this is no conspiracy theory , Dr.Tyson put it in lightest way possible by saying ""Experiment "" the message is very clear to me from him. this confirms what i have been thinking for the last two weeks. Neil Degassed Tyson is second to Steven Hawking IMO, Dr.Tyson personally knows the best of best of the scientist in the world.

•••
His gig is pop science. I like his self-depricating humour. Not sure if I agree on horsepower for rocket thrust though, more likely newtons or pounds of thrust. He used the term "experiment", sardonically I am inclined to agree. As the saying goes, "Believe half of what you see and nothing of what you hear." It's all a matter of perspective. My mom taught me to wash my hands, not scientists.

Last edited:
•••
His gig is pop science. I like his self-depricating humour. Not sure if I agree on horsepower for rocket thrust though, more likely newtons or pounds of thrust. He used the term "experiment", sardonically I am inclined to agree. As the saying goes, "Believe half of what you see and nothing of what you hear." It's all a matter of perspective. My mom taught me to wash my hands, not scientists.

Interesting observation by you on Niel Degrasse Tyson

How about this @Cannuck , A former CDC official speaking, should be interesting to hear your observation on this video

•••
Her insight is intelligent, much like the movie Pandemic (2016) which foreshadowed the events we are seeing in 2020. Guns kill 36x more kids than cancer, but thats's beside the point. Who can we trust?

•••
The question is, why would the CDC stand down like they have, turning down testing, knowing the Coronavirus was, and most likely is spreading with people being released while ill with symptoms of CoronaVirus only to test positive after being in crowds of people. i posted some in this thread that were found to have coronavirus after being in large populated areas, some turned down for testing by the CDC.

The US has done 1900 tests with the majority of that 1900 taking place just yesterday, Saturday, this after going through the full month of January and February with under 500 tests being run on people.

If it looks like a duck, It most probably is a duck.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••

The last thing anyone should be worried about is the presidential election of 2020 or what Trump says vs Biden, Sanders, Pelosi and so forth.

We are closing in on self preservation, there is a very good chance that many of us in this thread will be infected with Coronavirus, It is just a matter of when, tomorrow, next week, next month, 3 months from now. the virus has mutated into a second strain, it could mutate into a 3rd and 4th strain.

My beloved country is under attack by an enemy that knows no boundaries, it has just begun, I am not scared of contracting the virus, I will overcome it, or do my best to.

My only question is : Who made it

Last edited:
•••
"I am prepared for the worst, but hope for the best." -Benjamin Disraeli

In this case, it's all nations of the world, no nukes or geo-political boundary will protect you.

"Prevention is better than the cure." In a sense, Dr. Tyson was right, perhaps we will learn something from this "experiment".

•••
I'm winding down my NP account, but I first wanted to thank those who have contributed useful info in this thread. It has been a great way to keep track of these ongoing developments.

Okay, your post has been considered and I've decided not to let you go! :xf.smile:

Your input has been factual and measured and it has surely helped many here...posters, lurkers or through the giggle machine. Another set of eyes/ears in different parts of the country will certainly help us all as this catastrophe progresses...which it will.

Those of us that have lived long enough, experienced enough, or educated enough are all important to the accurate dissemination of information. If real life is demanding more of you or you feel this is taking too much time (keeping up with info/posts/thread) I understand. Considering some of the clowns that drone on here (on nps) about useless crap and act like senile dogs that bark at the wind, your posts (and several other users) have actually restored my faith in this site by offering intelligent conversation and information.

All I can do is publicly ask you to please stay and continue posting (maybe a few days break?) information and insight. If you have to go, go with my thanks and prayers for a long and healthy life.

•••
Last edited:
•••
FB_IMG_1583678570678.jpg

You will not imagine what is this photo about . Those crowds are looking to have corona virus test required to travel to certain countries. Those are Egyptians working abroad
None is wearing a mask !

•••
^ heavy sigh :xf.sick:

I woke up this morning to a power outage, boil water advisory and no Internet. I suspect we are headed for another global recession. How can it NOT happen with shutdowns - people quarantined and health providers overwhelmed. I've lived through 6 previous global recessions, not easy, but the fit WILL survive.

Having over 7.5 billion people definitely impacts planet Earth. Being aware of global warming since the 80's, I try to do my part through education (seemingly to fall on deaf ears :headphone:). It's nothing new, just nature taking it's course. IMHO Covid19 is nature's way of fighting back. In the very least it's a reality check, let's face it, panic is merely unpreparedness.

Last edited:
•••
I've lived through 6 previous global recessions, not easy, but the fit WILL survive.

I was curious about when these recessions occurred and found this on Wikipedia. It works out to about one recession per decade -- which seems like a lot.

"Before April 2009, the IMF argued that a global annual real GDP growth rate of 3.0 percent or less was "equivalent to a global recession". By this measure, there were six global recessions since 1970: 1974–75, 1980–83, 1990–93,1998, 2001–02, and 2008–09."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_recession

I agree that overpopulation certainly contributes to the rapid spread of a pandemic.

Hope you get your power back soon.

•••
He's just a quack.

Did you know the origination of that nomenclature comes from those who used to propagate mercury to the masses as a cure all? (aka as quicksilver) Quacks use quicksilver.

The holistic MDs, Chiros, Acus and Naturopaths won't offer you any quicksilver as a remedy.......who will?

Most mainstream MDs believe injecting mercury into your bloodstream is as dandy as candy. :xf.confused::rage::banghead::bookworm:

Last edited:
•••

An Experiment eh , Dr.Tyson is a very reliable source IMO, this is no conspiracy theory , Neil Degassed Tyson is second to Steven Hawking IMO, Dr.Tyson personally knows the best of best of the scientist in the world.

Neil Disgrace Tyson and Bill Lie the Science Guy are 33d Masonic actors on the world stage...just like Trump is.

If you believe Tyson then you think we inhabit a pear shaped object.
i25d6wafxqw21.jpg

bd60bc9f63831cb56b3d280c1f758f71.jpg

70fcef17ea74da6d11d7f71751b49619

dbb306b948a2b6d7c5c0056a4d4c5d0d--flat-earth-meme.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Wake up to the world stage, the script and its actors. The scams we have all been mind controlled to believe are losing their grips. Believing is the enemy of knowing.

Realize the real lies with your real eyes.

Last edited:
•••
Wake up to the world stage, the script and its actors. The scams we have all been mind controlled to believe are losing their grips. Believing is the enemy of knowing.
Realize the real lies with your real eyes.

Intermittent power outages, community in a state of emergency (plenty of ice to melt, but hard to boil water without power). Fine if you have a wood stove, I guess. I fly out this week ($3K/round trip). I could bury my head in the sand (or in my case, snow), but I'm prepared to risk a trip to return to my family in the south. You might think the Arctic and it's inhabitants were immune, but it's the most fragile place of all.

Last edited:
•••
Intermittent power outages, community in a state of emergency (plenty of ice to melt, but hard to boil water without power). Fine if you have a wood stove, I guess. I fly out this week ($3K/round trip). I could bury my head in the sand (or in my case, snow), but I'm prepared to risk a trip to return to my family in the south. You might think the Arctic and it's inhabitants were immune, but it's the most fragile place of all.

I imagine it is a rigorous life in the Winter up there. Someday I would like to explore the Arctic and experience the Northern Lights. Keep persevering and rippling your authenticity, your heart feels pure.

•••
I just returned home a short while ago from the grocery store (a large Kroger subsidiary) and the hand sanitzer, wipes and nearly all of the bleach was/were gone. I saw two different people with carts overflowing heading into the parking lot...one was full of paper towels and the other toilet paper. My first thought is that they were together but they went in different directions. Store shelves should be restocked overnight tonight and tomorrow night so if you are someone wanting to make a trip for some items, Tuesday morning should be the best time (unless some stressful 'official' announcements are made before then).

ADD: Some multivitamins were low/gone and some herbal items...my next trip will be to pick up some 'natural' things.

Last edited:
•••
Chi-meegwech @Compassion

The Anishinaabek know all too well the effects of a pandemic. "When the Europeans arrived, carrying germs which thrived in dense, semi-urban populations, the indigenous people of the Americas were effectively doomed. They had never experienced smallpox, measles or flu before, and the viruses tore through the continent, killing an estimated 90% of Native Americans.More victims of colonization were killed by Eurasian germs, than by either the gun or the sword, making germs the deadliest agent of conquest."
https://www.pbs.org/gunsgermssteel/variables/smallpox.html

Last edited:
•••
The first 3 cases confirmed in my country; Bangladesh. Two of the infected people have just returned from Italy. The other one is their family member.

•••
Didn't dig too deep into this but I just saw this pop up. Probably, a better chance than Vitamin C:
San Diego lab discovers COVID-19 / coronavirus vaccine in 3 hours

We are closing in on self preservation, there is a very good chance that many of us in this thread will be infected with Coronavirus, It is just a matter of when, tomorrow, next week, next month, 3 months from now. the virus has mutated into a second strain, it could mutate into a 3rd and 4th strain.

Whoa man, breathe. I think when you read this stuff every day, you get a bit caught up. Not to be cold but it's still not doing regular flu numbers. It's all over the media and they need to report on it but I think it's really getting people anxious.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back