Dynadot

news Covid19-Coronavirus updates and news

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mister Funsky

Top Member
Impact
Having relatives and friends scattered all over the globe, I am getting an overload of input (some on the record and some off the record).

My intention for this thread is for community members from around the world to post first hand stories and/or links to information sources that, for the most part, should be reliable.

In my community, just outside a major southeastern city, 'assets' have been placed. Only because I have friends in both high and low places have I heard about some of this. At this point it is only some basic medical supplies that should be equally distributed anyway in preparation for a natural emergency (hurricane/wildfire/etc.).

I will start with posting a link to a site with current data that seems to come from an aggregate of sources and hope others will do the same as they come across similar sites/pages.

Because of the 'typhoid Mary' spread-ability of this disease, I feel we may be in for a really large spread globally which will impact the global economy and through extension, retail domain prices.

One thing is for sure...things will get worse before they get better.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa-coronavirus/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@cbd this is the

Covid19-Coronavirus updates and news thread

•••
Last edited:
•••
@cbd you are entitled to your opinion,

•••
Not "my" thread, and obviously others are welcome to chime in on this, but personally, I don't think a "news and updates" thread is the right place to venture down Anonymous rabbit holes..... imho that's best left for a conspiracy theory free-for-all thread like [this].

Just to be clear, I consider this 'our' thread...meaning all contributors are important so we can get all perspectives. :xf.smile: I truly appreciate your contributions as you are offering links and observations that can and will benefit us.

The post by corey has some info that others might not know re 'Spanish' flu...of course the anonymous video is dramatic (that's what gets them visits) but much of the info is accurate. Input from all four corners of the world is important...the only thing I would not like to see not happen is political sidetrack...there are a couple of long running threads that cater to those discussions. Hopefully those that are actively posting here now and 'lurkers' that feel like jumping will do so often and keep the left/right stuff out.

•••
curious to see in future if one can get corona twice (or more)... normally we build immunity.. but I don't think they last forever...

it could be one crucial point.. in terms of geting rid of virus.. whether people can get it over and over again.. given that almost everyone basically recovers from it... but if they can get it agian, they can keep infecting others ... in endless cycles.

•••
If this thread gets turned into a conspiracy theory thread, I for one will not be participating in it anymore.

I too agree with that...but now that we've got that under our belt, lets keep on helping our friends and neighbors updated here in the US and around the world...there are a lot of people getting info from this thread (I actually got an email from someone that picked up one of your links from a google search!).

•••
curious to see in future if one can get corona twice (or more)... normally we build immunity.. but I don't think they last forever...

it could be one crucial point.. in terms of geting rid of virus.. whether people can get it over and over again.. given that almost everyone basically recovers from it... but if they can get it agian, they can keep infecting others ... in endless cycles.

there have been cases to where the person first tested positive, tested negative, then positive again. what that exactly means is yet to be known, It appears as if the virus mutates and reinfects, somewhat like a disease where people have episodes or flair ups IMO

•••

The data I've been told about this is not clear, but it may be possible. Some cases were said to be 'cured' but then it seemed to come back. In reality, the person was not fully recovered and had a relapse. Much more concerning to me is that it seems to have made a significant mutation (according to reports out of china) in one location. This will make a vaccine for the resurgence(s) this fall much harder to combat.

•••
I'm still waiting on some info from the Carolina's about confirmed cases and got an update on this and thought it might make someone smile...I may go this year!:

"HerosCon will go on as planned!"

https://www.heroesonline.com/heroescon/

After all, now is a good time for some heroes!

•••
Everything you need to know about coronavirus COVID-19

7.30’s coronavirus special is dedicated to giving you the facts and sensible advice from world-leading experts.

We look at whether you’re likely to catch it, how it might impact your life, how it’s spreading and the impact it might have on Australia’s economy.

00:47 - Perth rallies around James Kwan, the first Australian to die from COVID-19
02:26 - Jason Honey talks about his and his wife Karen's experiences with coronavirus after their Diamond Princess cruise
03:39 - behind the scenes with a coronavirus prepper
05:16 - COVID-19 misinformation debunked by Dr Norman Swan
06:30 - which is better, hand washing or hand sanitiser?
10:06 - Johns Hopkins Centre for Health Security's Amesh Adalja on what we can do to better spot emerging viruses
13:55 - how the Australian Government is preparing for COVID-19
17:57 - World Health Organisation's Dr Margaret Harris on why COVID-19 is such a big deal
20:06 - what impact will the coronavirus have on the Australian economy?
25:19 - Dr Niall Ferguson on how COVID-19 compares to the Black Death and the Spanish Flu

Cheers
Corey

Last edited:
•••
Italy set to lock down Lombardy after coronavirus jump

"The new rules include telling people not to enter or leave Lombardy, which is home to some 10 million people, as well as 11 provinces in four of Italy’s 19 other regions, according to a draft decree seen by Reuters."

•••
Below is a link to a documentary about the Spanish/Swine Flu. I have an ancestor that died of this after being ill less than one week. Actually had some info I never knew...or I had forgotten.

•••
"advisable to use contactless payments to reduce the risk of transmission,"
Can cash carry coronavirus? World Health Organization says use digital payments when possible

When coins used to be 90% silver there was less chance of spreading disease (USA 1920 - 1964).
Nowadays coins are minted with nickel plated steel, another good reason to use sterling silver flatware.

Silver turns bacteria into deadly zombies
Why silver takes the gold in fighting bacteria

•••
When coins used to be 90% silver there was less chance of spreading disease (USA 1920 - 1964).
Nowadays coins are minted with nickel plated steel, another good reason to use sterling silver flatware.

You are correct...my father (chemical/mechanical engineer) used to tell me about it when I was a boy...he carried a standing Morgan silver dollar in his change pocket every day of his life until he died. I know more than one medical professional that uses silver embedded masks...extravagant lifestyle or really really smart people?!?!

•••

Silver turns bacteria into deadly zombies
Why silver takes the gold in fighting bacteria

Wise words!

"Colloidal Silver - The physical presence of colloidal silver particles near a virus, fungus, bacterium or any other single-celled pathogen disables its oxygen metabolism enzyme. This process suffocates and kills the pathogen. The pathogen is then cleared out of the body. The colloidal silver is then set free again to continue the attack on other pathogens. This creates a strong multiplier effect increasing the effectiveness and impact."

https://immunizelabs.com/pages/ionic-colloidal-silver

Last edited:
•••
some people eat some gold
can we do same with silver?
maybe it can help kill corona

•••
Wise words!

"Colloidal Silver - The physical presence of colloidal silver particles near a virus, fungus, bacterium or any other single-celled pathogen disables its oxygen metabolism enzyme. This process suffocates and kills the pathogen. The pathogen is then cleared out of the body. The colloidal silver is then set free again to continue the attack on other pathogens. This creates a strong multiplier effect increasing the effectiveness and impact."

https://immunizelabs.com/pages/ionic-colloidal-silver

Careful...
More About Argyria
  • Silver can build up in the body’s tissue, causing a bluish-gray discoloration of large areas of skin, especially those exposed to the sun.
  • People have developed argyria from using homemade and commercial colloidal silver products.

•••
Careful...
More About Argyria
  • Silver can build up in the body’s tissue, causing a bluish-gray discoloration of large areas of skin, especially those exposed to the sun.
  • People have developed argyria from using homemade and commercial colloidal silver products.

Yes don't OD. A few squirts or drops per day is sufficient.

Back when people used actual silver as silverware it was far better for their qi :)

•••
some people eat some gold
can we do same with silver?
maybe it can help kill corona

Just to expand on the above:

Would not recommend.

Colloidal silver has not been shown effective against new virus from China

"Experts have long said that the solution has no known function or health benefits and it comes with serious side effects. The FDA has taken action against companies promoting colloidal silver products with misleading claims."

This has more to do with silver and cancer, but has more info:
Colloidal Silver and Cancer

"While silver has been used medicinally for thousands of years, the modern medical community does not consider colloidal silver safe or effective."

"According to the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health, colloidal silver isn’t safe or effective for treating any disease or condition. The risk of using silver products exceeds any unsubstantiated benefit."

Last edited:
•••
Agreed, use with caution, it is not FDA approved. Likely Big pharma would lose money if it were. Being in a remote location with no doctors, one must make do.

Off-topic: As a tip, I've used colloidal silver topically for ear infection...and to feminize seeds for my own medicine.

•••
Agreed, use with caution, it is not FDA approved. Likely Big pharma would lose money if it were. Being in a remote location with no doctors, one must make do.

Off-topic: As a tip, I've used colloidal silver topically for ear infection...and to feminize seeds for my own medicine.

Explain the latter part, please.

•••
Google it my friend, sorry not threadjacking. :muted:

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Just to expand on the above:

Would not recommend.

Colloidal silver has not been shown effective against new virus from China

"Experts have long said that the solution has no known function or health benefits and it comes with serious side effects. The FDA has taken action against companies promoting colloidal silver products with misleading claims."

This has more to do with silver and cancer, but has more info:
Colloidal Silver and Cancer

"While silver has been used medicinally for thousands of years, the modern medical community does not consider colloidal silver safe or effective."

"According to the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health, colloidal silver isn’t safe or effective for treating any disease or condition. The risk of using silver products exceeds any unsubstantiated benefit."

CDC/Big Pharma rhetoric.

It's a threat to the medical industrial complex for people to heal themselves at home with plants they can grow themselves (like cannabis) and substances like colloidal silver which can be made at home too.

Check out the side effects of most Big Pharma drugs and tally up the annual deaths caused by doctors and use your own discernment, don't be a millennial that trusts three letter agency rhetoric over your own logic, intuition and wisdom.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back