IT.COM

news Covid19-Coronavirus updates and news

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mister Funsky

Top Member
Impact
Having relatives and friends scattered all over the globe, I am getting an overload of input (some on the record and some off the record).

My intention for this thread is for community members from around the world to post first hand stories and/or links to information sources that, for the most part, should be reliable.

In my community, just outside a major southeastern city, 'assets' have been placed. Only because I have friends in both high and low places have I heard about some of this. At this point it is only some basic medical supplies that should be equally distributed anyway in preparation for a natural emergency (hurricane/wildfire/etc.).

I will start with posting a link to a site with current data that seems to come from an aggregate of sources and hope others will do the same as they come across similar sites/pages.

Because of the 'typhoid Mary' spread-ability of this disease, I feel we may be in for a really large spread globally which will impact the global economy and through extension, retail domain prices.

One thing is for sure...things will get worse before they get better.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa-coronavirus/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
80% of people on ventilators die and its much higher in New York.
Not being on a ventilator likely saved her life.

In New York City, 90% plus of the people put on ventilators will die. This woman wasn't put on a ventilator and she lived. The nurses and doctors must of liked her. They know better than anyone that the ventilator is a death sentence. We have all probably seen on TV, nurses and doctors cheering people who are released from the hospital after surviving the ventilator. That is because surviving the ventilator is so rare. They have survived the hospitals best attempts to kill them.

So why do hospitals put patients on a ventilator that will most likely kill them. One reason is money. Ventilator treatment is expensive. Another reason is that Governor Cuomo has given hospitals immunity from being sued for the deaths of Covid-19 patients. And since people on ventilators are given drugs that
paralize them, they are way less trouble than someone who is still struggling to breath and survive. Patients on ventilators just quietly die without complaint.

I agree that there are good nurses who really care about their patients. At Elmhurst in Queens, the nurses who complained about abuse of patients were told to shut up, and then told to go home. One of the nurses who was sent home wrote "Undercover Epicenter Nurse." You can find more information on

https://www.powder.us/epicenter/

I believe that I understand cause and effect quite well.

Put patients on a ventilator and they die.

Put patients on a ventilator and the hospital makes a lot of money.

Put non covid-19 patients in with covid-19 patients and they get covid-19, they get put on ventilators, and they die

Treat all covid-19 patients as if they have "Do Not Resuscitate" orders and they die.

Send nurses home that protest the treatment of covid-19 patients and their patients die.

Refuse to give proven therapies during the early stages of illness and the patients die.

Perhaps you can tell me what it is that I don't understand about cause and effect.

In the JAMA study, the mortality rate for 18 to 65-year-olds on ventilators was more than 76%, while more than 97% of patients older than 65 on ventilators died. That's where the combined death rate of 88% came from. Death rates for those in these age categories who weren't intubated and placed on ventilators were nearly 20% and nearly 27% respectively.
gary_larson_gifted_comp1.jpg

•••
I just posted this 4 days ago... but seems that some people still don't have noticed that Hidroxycloroquine does NOT work against covid-19. Tested and proved.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2016638

A Randomized Trial of Hydroxychloroquine as Postexposure Prophylaxis for Covid-19

Results:

We enrolled 821 asymptomatic participants. Overall, 87.6% of the participants (719 of 821) reported a high-risk exposure to a confirmed Covid-19 contact. The incidence of new illness compatible with Covid-19 did not differ significantly between participants receiving hydroxychloroquine and those receiving placebo.

Conclusions:

After high-risk or moderate-risk exposure to Covid-19, hydroxychloroquine did not prevent illness compatible with Covid-19 or confirmed infection when used as postexposure prophylaxis within 4 days after exposure.

•••
And here's another one:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/05/uk-trial-on-hydroxychloroquine-it-doesnt-work-303275

It doesn’t work,” declared Martin Landray, one of the lead researchers, at a briefing. Patients receiving hydroxychloroquine died at about the same rate — about one in four — as those receiving regular care in a randomized trial being conducted by the University of Oxford and the U.K. National Health Service.

For anyone who's hospitalized, "hydroxychloroquine is not the right treatment," Landray said.

•••
Again I ask...how many people died because of the CNN campaign against oxychloroquine?

American Journal of Epidemiology
Published: 27 May 2020

Early Outpatient Treatment of Symptomatic, High-Risk
Covid-19 Patients that Should be Ramped-Up Immediately
as Key to the Pandemic Crisis

More than 1.6 million Americans have been infected with SARS-CoV-2 and >10 times that number carry antibodies to it. High-risk patients presenting with progressing symptomatic disease have only hospitalization treatment with its high mortality. An outpatient treatment that
prevents hospitalization is desperately needed. Two candidate medications have been widely discussed:
remdesivir, and hydroxychloroquine+azithromycin. Remdesivir has shown mild effectiveness in hospitalized inpatients, but no trials have been registered in outpatients. Hydroxychloroquine+azithromycin has been widely misrepresented in both clinical reports and public media, and outpatient trials results are not expected until September. Early outpatient illness is very different than later hospitalized florid disease and the treatments differ. Evidence about use of hydroxychloroquine alone, or of hydroxychloroquine+azithromycin
in inpatients, is irrelevant concerning efficacy of the pair in early high-risk outpatient
disease. Five studies, including two controlled clinical trials, have demonstrated significant major outpatient treatment efficacy.
Hydroxychloroquine+azithromycin has been used as standard-of-care in more than300,000 older adults with multicomorbidities, with estimated proportion diagnosed with cardiac arrhythmias attributable to the medications 47/100,000 users, of which estimated mortality is <20%, 9/100,000 users, compared to the 10,000 Americans now dying each week. These medications need to be widely available and promoted immediately for physicians to prescribe.

Please Note:

Early outpatient illness is very different than later hospitalized florid disease and the treatments differ. Evidence about use of hydroxychloroquine alone, or of hydroxychloroquine+azithromycin
in inpatients, is irrelevant concerning efficacy of the pair in early high-risk outpatient
disease. Five studies, including two controlled clinical trials, have demonstrated significant major outpatient treatment efficacy.

•••
For anyone who's hospitalized, "hydroxychloroquine is not the right treatment," Landray said.

And Again

Early outpatient illness is very different than later hospitalized florid disease and the treatments differ. Evidence about use of hydroxychloroquine alone, or of hydroxychloroquine+azithromycin

Sometimes you just have to shove it down their throats.

•••
And Again

Sometimes you just have to shove it down their throats.
And again, show me the clinical trials at hospitals. Nothing. Zero.
I have placed two articles from clinical trials, where they show ZERO benefits using Hidroxycloroquine, pre and post covid infection. You have placed ZERO.
Science and proves vs Conspirational and false medicine theories.

And by the way, ventilators have saved thousands of lifes. When somebody can't breathe and can't get the enough oxygen, they need a ventilator to continue living, as simple as that.

Last edited:
•••
Current Covid19 death numbers as of 10:00 am EST are below, primarily from the source in the original post (https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus). If your country of interest is not listed below, simply go to the link above to do a search for relevant information.

Total: 439,897

United States: 118,344
United Kingdom: 41,736
Canada: 8,175
Mexico: 17,580
Brazil: 44,118
Russia: 7,284
India: 9,926
Japan : 925
Indonesia: 2,231
Italy: 34,371
Spain: 27,136
Belgium: 9,663
France: 29,436
Netherlands: 6,070

•••
•••
And again, show me the clinical trials at hospitals. Nothing. Zero.
I have placed two articles from clinical trials, where they show ZERO benefits using Hidroxycloroquine, pre and post covid infection. You have placed ZERO.
Science and proves vs Conspirational and false medicine theories.

And by the way, ventilators have saved thousands of lifes. When somebody can't breathe and can't get the enough oxygen, they need a ventilator to continue living, as simple as that.

It would be so much simpler if you would just read the part that I cut out for you. But, just in case you did read it and didn't understand it, I will try to simplify it for you. The peer reviewed article from the American Journal of Epidemiology does not conflict with the article that you posted, and in fact recommends hydroxychloroquine as an important outpatient treatment to prevent hospitalization that is needed because of the high death rate for Covid-19 patients that enter the hospital. It also states that the death rate for users of hydroxychloroquine is insignificant compared to the risks of Covid-19. The American Journal of Epidemiology does not publish conspiracy theories.

JAMA, The Journal of the American Medical Association, is also a peer-reviewed medical journal. It also does not publish conspiracy theories. JAMA states that 97% of Covid-19 patients that are over 65 and put on ventilators will die. It also states that 27% of hospitalized Covid-19 patients that are over 65 and are
NOT put on ventilators will die. Nurses in hospitals that protest putting Covid-19 patients on ventilators are told to shut up or told to go home. One of those nurses has written a book called Undercover Epicenter Nurse. She has audio and video evidence, some of which was shown on Tucker Carlson.

One of your articles was not there and the other was Politico.

Last edited:
•••
One of your articles was not there and the other was Politico.

No problem, I will post them again.

Directly from "The New England Journal of Medicine":

Click (and read the article if possible) on the following link:

A Randomized Trial of Hydroxychloroquine as Postexposure Prophylaxis for Covid-19

Results:

We enrolled 821 asymptomatic participants. Overall, 87.6% of the participants (719 of 821) reported a high-risk exposure to a confirmed Covid-19 contact. The incidence of new illness compatible with Covid-19 did not differ significantly between participants receiving hydroxychloroquine and those receiving placebo.

Conclusions:

After high-risk or moderate-risk exposure to Covid-19, hydroxychloroquine did not prevent illness compatible with Covid-19 or confirmed infection when used as postexposure prophylaxis within 4 days after exposure.

----------------------------------------

And this one is just reported by Politico.com. Just click and read the article, to know that's a medical Trial by the University of Oxford and the U.K. National Health Service. Politico just reports the medical Trial, didn't make it.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/05/uk-trial-on-hydroxychloroquine-it-doesnt-work-303275

A large, randomized U.K. trial found “no clinical benefit” of hydroxychloroquine to treat hospitalized Covid-19 patients, researchers announced Friday.

“It doesn’t work,” declared Martin Landray, one of the lead researchers, at a briefing. Patients receiving hydroxychloroquine died at about the same rate — about one in four — as those receiving regular care in a randomized trial being conducted by the University of Oxford and the U.K. National Health Service.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
The New England Journal of Medicine article still isn't there, and that is because it was retracted, as it says here:

https://www.statnews.com/2020/06/04...t-raised-safety-concerns-about-malaria-drugs/

And Politico is still Politico.

Aren't you getting tired of looking foolish.

The New England Journal of Medicine article that I posted was NOT retracted anywhere.

What they retracted was another study about
"Cardiovascular Disease, Drug Therapy, and Mortality in Covid-19"

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2007621

I am just asking you to read some articles, but it's clear that's asking too much to you. YOU are the one not getting tired of looking foolish....

I present facts, medical trials. You just present.. NOTHING.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Are you too dumb to even try to click on your own link?

Do you know what happens when you go to
https://www.statnews.com/2020/06/04...t-raised-safety-concerns-about-malaria-drugs/
and click on the link to the retracted article?

IT TAKE YOU HERE. Do you recognize this?

And again. Nothing there.

Do you really think you can lie your way out of this?

Man, you are the only dumb here, not being able to go and read a simple article.

This (article from May 1, 2020)

IS NOT THE SAME AS THIS (arcicle from June 3, 2020)

They are two completely different medical trials and completely different articles. Mine is ONE MONTH LATER than your referenced one.

Now it's very clear that you are too dumb to have a minimum of understanding and reading level.

•••
If the link isn't there. It was retracted. Your links are not there.

Last edited:
•••
Model projects 200,000 people in the US could die from Covid-19 by October. Why that estimate might be low.

"Sadly, I think this 200,000 number may be a under prediction based on what we're starting to see in several states across the country," CNN Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta said.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/16/health/us-coronavirus-tuesday/index.html

•••
Man, you are the only dumb here, not being able to go and read a simple article.

This (article from May 1, 2020)

IS NOT THE SAME AS THIS (arcicle from June 3, 2020)

They are two completely different medical trials and completely different articles. Mine is ONE MONTH LATER than your referenced one.

Now it's very clear that you are too dumb to have a minimum of understanding and reading level.

I'd love to say that reading comprehension is a weakness of conspiracy theorists, but I've come to realize that they seem to do whatever mental contortions it takes to avoid, mentally blot out, or twist any conflicting information.

They are so invested in their beliefs, that it would likely rip apart the very fabric of their existence and mental health if they were to acknowledge that what they accept as fact or truth was actually neither. It would probably start a domino effect that could devastate them in multiple ways.

EDIT:
And let me add, when they feel they are on the verge of having to face actual facts or the truth, they may lash out -- often in the most vile and nasty ways -- at those that are just trying to help them get their head on straight.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv @dna - Always keeping it classy! vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
vvvvvvvvvv
vvvvv
v

Last edited:
•••
Actually I agree with you now. I think that you should be allowed to put your grandmother on a ventilator where she will have a 3% chance of survival. See...I can change my mind.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
TestCase showing us how much class he has.

OUCH!!! You certainly cut me to the quick with that one...

Hey dna, it's called "banter".

Definition of banter
(Entry 1 of 2)
transitive verb
1 : to speak to or address in a witty and teasing manner

One sometimes does it with those with whom they have a friendly (or frenemy like) relationship.

A previous bit of banter between Mr-X and myself.
Example:
So what I'm taking away from your post is that you are in the Pence camp and you avoid being alone with a woman who is not your wife as women are only to be viewed in a sexual manner (also one of T-man's basic core tenets ) and you may not be able to control your base urges.

Got it! (y)

His response to the above.
Denial isn't a river in Egypt :xf.smile:

My response to him.
Aaaaaand this is why I love you and will never put you on ignore. You always know how to make me laugh.

So, it looks like you took my post out of context and are wrong once again.

Now I know it must hurt you being wrong again and again, but I find it incredibly amusing that you felt compelled to stalk my post history in order to try to find something "negative" to throw in my face.

Seems this is a recurring theme with a select group of people here that get all butt hurt when their lack of critical thinking abilities, reading skills, or just plain poor behavior is pointed out to them.

Oh, and one last thing before I go... Both my grannies are dead - both gramps as well - so don't be holding your breath for getting those ventilators ordered up any time soon.

At this juncture I'm going to respect Mister Funsky's wishes and follow the suggestion he has in his signature.

Last edited:
•••
I have more examples. Can I expect you to write me a long defensive excuse for each one?

•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back