IT.COM

question Could anyone here help me sue Web.com (Network Solutions, SnapNames)?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
In the past few months, I've had three horrible experiences with Web.com's services (Network Solutions, SnapNames...) that I urgently need legal help with:

Case 1. On November 16th I won a domain mo*******.com through SnapNames expired auctions, it was a pending-delete name and caught by Network Solutions(Klaatudomains.com; a Web.com's domain registrar), however, the domain has never delivered to my Network Solutions account even though I was charged and did receive an email congratulating me that I've acquired the domain successfully.

snapnames.png

And according to the WHOIS information, the domain mo*******.com seems like under another registrant's name who is in Hong Kong. Therefore I submitted a support ticket at SnapNames on November 20th requesting them to get the domain back into my Network Solutions account. After 8 days of silence, on November 28th, I replied to the same ticket asking SnapNames to at least give me a response, and there is still no one helped with my ticket in the following week... This morning (December 5th), I felt that SnapNames kept ignoring my request so I replied to the ticket again saying that I need a response or the domain to be transferred to my account asap or I will sue them, then after several hours the ticket got closed without any notification nor response... And I still don't receive the domain name till now.

snapnames2.png

Case 2. On November 20, I purchased a premium domain de*****.com through Network Solutions' website, and I got a confirmation email several hours later. It stated that the seller has 14 days to transfer the domain name and I know it wouldn't take that long because I've purchased premium domains at Network Solutions a few times before, it normally would arrive my account in the following 24 to 48 hours.

network-solutions.png

Nevertheless, I thought it will finally go through so I kept waiting until a week later, the domain is still not there in my Network Solutions account... so I talked to someone in their Online Chat on November 28th and the support guy told me that I must wait for some more days before they can proceed with the domain transfer. Okay, so I kept waiting until this morning (December 5th), and the domain is still not arrived in my account, hence I contacted Network Solutions again via their Online Chat requesting if they couldn't deliver the domain they should refund me, then the support guy told me that it will take 15 days for the domain name to be transferred like who I contacted with on November 28th. The day(December 5th) that I contacted with him/her was the 15th day after my purchase so I told the support guy it has been 15 days, he/she then told me that they have no further authority so the case will be escalated.

network-solutions-3.png

network-solutions2.png

About 6 hours later I received a reply from someone named John B stated that the domain ROSA*********.com is already in my Network Solutions account... What The Hell? The problem is that the domain name what I requested for is de*****.com, but not the existing one he mentioned in the reply. I still received no the domain nor a refund from Network Solutions so I chatted with another support guy via Online Chat again, and this time he/she wanted me to call their phone support, and the supporting time is from 7am to 12am EST, which is midnight in my timezone and very inconvenient to me to contact with.
network-solutions-4.png

Case 3. Please refer to https://www.namepros.com/threads/my...o-namecheap-without-my-authorization.1224520/
In this case, Network Solutions wanted me to call them at the end like the Case 2, but they only offered a time period that was extremely inconvenient for me. Due to this, I still haven't received my domain back in Case 3, nor have I received a refund after almost two years.

:xf.frown::xf.frown::xf.frown::xf.frown::xf.frown::xf.frown::xf.frown:

I spent a lot of time and effort on these 3 cases and I still got nothing, neither a domain name nor a refund. I am deeply frustrated with this awful company and strongly believe it should be punished.

Does anyone here know what legal action can be taken against Network Solutions and its parent company Web.com? I am willing to spend some more money to hire a legal professional or someone who can help me get my domains back.

Thank you for reading.

Attachments

• snapnames2.png
    snapnames2.png
    333.7 KB · Views: 59
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
After first incident why didn’t you call? Inconvenient times is not an excuse. They are pretty good at fixing things if you call to complain.

After first incident remains unresolved why did you continue to use those platforms?

There is some accountability on your part to refuse a simple phone call and to continue to use these sevices after multiple complaints.

That being said, you need to consult an attorney to learn what your options are.

•••
As of today, I have called both SnapNames and Network Solutions, and Network Solutions' phone support still insisted that I must wait a few more days to receive the premium domain. (Case 2)

For SnapNames' support, she explained that the domain in Case 1 was not an expired domain (drop-catch), but from a private seller, so delivering it would take longer. That is totally a joke! I am pretty sure that the domain in Case 1 was a drop-catch because its creation date is 2022-11-16 according to ICANN WHOIS system, I just don't know why it shows that the creation date is 1998 in Network Solutions' WHOIS system.

ICANN:
case-1.png

Network Solutions:
case-1-2.png

•••
•••
That's unfortunate to read about NS/SN. They're like that.

I recalled similar incident where the domain was owned by the private seller and it was delivered to me in around 2-3 months.

Just keep pushing them from time to time for asking the private seller to transfer the domain quickly. It's their responsibility to make it done as they've got paid.

•••
The Case 1 domain was finally returned to me by SnapNames, but their phone support was totally a joke since the female support kept saying the domain wasn't from a drop-catcher but from a private seller, even when I asked her to check the WHOIS at ICANN, she still kept mocking me, this made me very angry and uncomfortable.

I then created a support ticket again and explained the situation, someone named Andy helped me to get the domain back.
andy.png

Last edited:
•••
That's unfortunate to read about NS/SN. They're like that.

This is sadly so very true.

My personal experience with NS goes back to around 2001 when it took me ~3 months to recover a name I had won on eBay which required faxing signed documents(!) to NS in addition to time spent on emails and phone calls pleading for help and resolution (after the seller had bailed on me).

Also Snapnames would _always_ send my won names to the most sketchy registrars and/or resellers one could ever imagine.

Last edited:
•••
This is sadly so very true.

My personal experience with NS goes back to around 2001 when it took me ~3 months to recover a name I had won on eBay which required faxing signed documents(!) to NS in addition to time spent on emails and phone calls pleading for help and resolution (after the seller had bailed on me).

Also Snapnames would _always_ send my won names to the most sketchy registrars and/or resellers one could ever imagine.

Seems the old time was far more worse than right now considering what you've unfortunately gone through.
Thanks for your sharing your experience. I highly doubt anything would change at NS/SN. Even after transferring out thousands of domains by domainers every year via NS, still they've got millions of domains under their management :banghead:

•••
Finally I got the Case 2 domains in my Network Solutions account after almost 20 days and several contacts.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back