Dynadot

news CONTRIB (CTB) Launches A Transparent Platform Backed by Premium Domains on The Blockchain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

deez007

The More I Learn The Less I "Know"Top Member
Impact
CONTRIB has created a leading cryptocurrency, chain based, value mechanism called the CTB Token. CTB is a multi-purpose, ASSET BACKED token with usage properties for voting, depositing and participating into the CONTRIB ecosystem. The value, utility and role of the CONTRIB token (CTB) represents a unique link between value and functionality. Domain legend, Chad Folkening is the brainchild behind CONTRIB.

CONTRIB’s Decentralized “stakeholdership” in premium digital assets (URL’s) inside an intelligent network offers anyone in the world, from the 8 year old game designer to the 74 year old fashion designer, the ability to contribute and earn CTB tokens LINKED to the entities growing value and worth.

Public awareness about cryptocurrency is growing at a rapid pace however many people are intimated by technical barriers to entry. CONTRIB will remove these barriers by simplifying the process into a traditional value proposition model. Removing technical barriers to entry allows anyone to start earning cryptocurrency. Unlike many pie in the sky ICO’s that are based on pipe dreams, CONTRIB has been in the making for several years and is backed by a premium asset portfolio of more than 22 000 premium domains.

Be sure to download the whitepaper and also consider joining the referral program.

They are currently running a 50% discount on token sales for the next 7 days.

Visit: http://crypto.contrib.com

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I cant see any particular added value from blockchain here? Here's the "problem" they are solving (as per whitepaper):
THE PROBLEM
Challenges with current business models include the documentation of value creation pegged to performance, with little to no upside for meaningful stakeholdership. From the web designer on CurrencyNews.com to the engineer interested in Applications.com, few platforms exist today addressing these core issues. The ability of a URL (digital asset) owner to increase value at scale, and the ability of a contributor or freelancer to be part of a collaborative community, plus being rewarded and aligned with stakeholdership for measurable value creation is absent - until now. Current Challenges In The Marketplace
● No Time to work on anything other than core business
● No Network Effects
● Scarce liquidity or ability to cut up the digital asset into units of value
● Hard to Scale in a centralized ownership model
From a cursory review it seems this project is trying to enable "premium URL" holders to monetize their assets with content, and to pay content creators with this new crypto token. I cant for the life of me see anything new from this solution. Another ICO jumping on the gravy train.. Caveat Emptor applies here as much as anywhere else in ICO space.

•••
I cant see any particular added value from blockchain here? Here's the "problem" they are solving (as per whitepaper):
[blockquote]THE PROBLEM
Challenges with current business models include the documentation of value creation pegged to performance, with little to no upside for meaningful stakeholdership. From the web designer on CurrencyNews.com to the engineer interested in Applications.com, few platforms exist today addressing these core issues. The ability of a URL (digital asset) owner to increase value at scale, and the ability of a contributor or freelancer to be part of a collaborative community, plus being rewarded and aligned with stakeholdership for measurable value creation is absent - until now. Current Challenges In The Marketplace
● No Time to work on anything other than core business
● No Network Effects
● Scarce liquidity or ability to cut up the digital asset into units of value
● Hard to Scale in a centralized ownership model[blockquote]
From a cursory review it seems this project is trying to enable "premium URL" holders to monetize their assets with content, and to pay content creators with this new crypto token. I cant for the life of me see anything new from this solution. Another ICO jumping on the gravy train.. Caveat Emptor applies here as much as anywhere else in ICO space.

There is a huge difference between Contrib and other ICO's.

• Contrib has a in house propritery VNOC system, details of the VNOC are outlined in the whitepaper.
  • They also have over 22 000 premium digital assets (URL's), many of them from back in the 90's. It goes way beyond content creators getting paid for their content. It provides contributors the opportunity to be part of a business that they would normally not have been able to be part off. They are able to contribute whatever skills they have that could be of benfit to the business, from graphic design to programming to content to just about anything.
  • Contrib has been in the making for several years now, it's not some overnight idea that decided to jump on the ICO gravytrain.
  • It's founded by Chad Folkening, who as many of you already know is a well respected domainer and has a stellar reputation. Unlike many other ICO's that have a team of unknown people with no business experience or reputation.

Last edited:
•••
There is a huge difference between Contrib and other ICO's.

• Contrib has a in house propritery VNOC system, details of the VNOC are outlined in the whitepaper.
  • They also have over 22 000 premium digital assets (URL's), many of them from back in the 90's. It goes way beyond content creators getting paid for their content. It provides contributors the opportunity to be part of a business that they would normally not have been able to be part off. They are able to contribute whatever skills they have that could be of benfit to the business, from graphic design to programming to content to just about anything.
  • Contrib has been in the making for several years now, it's not some overnight idea that decided to jump on the ICO gravytrain.
  • It's founded by Chad Folkening, who as many of you already know is a well respected domainer and has a stellar reputation. Unlike many other ICO's that have a team of unknown people with no business experience or reputation.
Thanks for the info. Since you seem to have knowledge of this can I ask:

1. What problem blockchain is solving? I went and read about "VNOC", and cannot see how this has any relationship with Blockchain technology.
2. Are these 22,000 "URL"s (I presume domains?) owned by third parties or underlying assets of the Contrib entity? Are the domains for sale, and will they remain for sale?
3. Are you receiving any value from a bonus system for posting here?

Many ideas, founders, and entrepreneurs involved in ICOs have experience and stellar reputations, but this doesn't make their ICO worthy of investment. In this case, what I see is a well thought out business concept whose use of blockchain is primarily as a fund-raising technique. There's nothing wrong with that per-se, but it's a shame that so many ICOs are pitching themselves as crypto plays when in fact they really are more prosaic entities looking to fund themselves using the current hype around crytpo/ICOs.

I can still see nothing revolutionary in what they are trying to do here, and no problem that is remedied by blockchain (other than raising funds to make this happen). I admit I may be missing something, but based on the info they've made available on the site/whitepaper I can see this having a very marginal application in the real world. Monetizing idle domains is fine, but it doesn't exactly have much broad world use.

•••
Answers below in red :)

Thanks for the info. Since you seem to have knowledge of this can I ask:

1. What problem blockchain is solving? I went and read about "VNOC", and cannot see how this has any relationship with Blockchain technology.
Why does it need to solve a problem? - Blockchain technology is going to be part of our future and companies are adopting it not nesscarily as a means to sovle a problem but because of the massive potential blackchain technology has.

2. Are these 22,000 "URL"s (I presume domains?) owned by third parties or underlying assets of the Contrib entity? Are the domains for sale, and will they remain for sale?
The domains are owned by Contrib, it's subsidaries and partners. The domains are not for sale

3. Are you receiving any value from a bonus system for posting here?
Nope, you will notice that the link I shared above is a direct link to their token sales page, no affilaite link or referral link so I am not getting anything from their bonus/referal system to post here.

Many ideas, founders, and entrepreneurs involved in ICOs have experience and stellar reputations, but this doesn't make their ICO worthy of investment. In this case, what I see is a well thought out business concept whose use of blockchain is primarily as a fund-raising technique. There's nothing wrong with that per-se, but it's a shame that so many ICOs are pitching themselves as crypto plays when in fact they really are more prosaic entities looking to fund themselves using the current hype around crytpo/ICOs.
Having a good reputation and the solid business experience helps to give investors peace of mind knowing that they are investing in a venture that is run by people with good business acument and experience instead just some guys who have an idea and want to try and get funding.The likelyhood of experienced entreprenuers following through on their promises is much higher than a team of first timers. Using ICO's are funding models it awesome, IF you are seeking funding for a proper business and not just some pie in the sky idea. Traditional funding models are like student loans, they serve a purpose but they are heavily biased towards the lender. I don't see it as trying to leverage of any crypto hype at all. I personally think it makes good business sense to use an ICO funding model (on condition you have a solid business idea) instead of using traditional funding models.

I can still see nothing revolutionary in what they are trying to do here, and no problem that is remedied by blockchain (other than raising funds to make this happen). I admit I may be missing something, but based on the info they've made available on the site/whitepaper I can see this having a very marginal application in the real world. Monetizing idle domains is fine, but it doesn't exactly have much broad world use.This goes beyond simply monetizing idle domains. it's a move towards creating a platform for people from around the world to earn money by leveraging their time and knowledge. They also get to be part of building a business, a business that they wouldn't normally have a chance to be part off.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back