IT.COM

Consolidated SuperSales - Domain - MyDomain - NetFirms - Dotster

NameSilo
Watch

At which of the Domain.com resellers do you have an account?

usernamex

Top Member
Impact
While recovering from the past weekend of scattered deals and in anticipation of the next SuperSale, I am weary of having several threads related to the SuperSales at Domain - MyDomain - NetFirms - Dotster.

Since the promos often work at more than one reseller, I would love to have a single thread to watch and participate in, if you agree, hang out here and watch this thread!

All NPers are welcome to post coupons and promos here as long as they are Domain - MyDomain - NetFirms - Dotster. That way we all have a better chance at awesome savings as soon as the promos are live!

The usernamex Guide to SuperSales

SuperSales are promotions done by the family of registrars under Domain.com, including MyDomain.com NetFirms.com Dotster.com

About every 10 days to two weeks, one or more of these registrars runs what I like to call SuperSales - with dot COM / NET domain registrations for bargain prices, $1.99 - $2.99 - $3.99. Sometimes the specials are good for multi-year registrations, sometimes only the first year is discounted.

The super fun part is they let you use coupons ON TOP of the promo, so there have been specials as low as $1.39, $1.59 is more common, and $1.99 is still great any time!

If you are new, the best choice is usually MyDomain, since their renewals are second best (to Domain) and I have not seen the $1.99 special ever offered at Domain direct

A great way to get an account set up is NOT during the frenzy of the SuperSales, and a trick you can use without having to contact support is to buy the easiest to type/remember cheapest domain you can, like whatever ngTLD is on sale for $1.99, that will be your username. You can drop the domain after a year and your account will be fine. Otherwise get on chat and they can set you up ahead of time without having to make a purchase.

To make it easy for everyone, if you can BOLD any coupon codes, that would be super, and if you tested coupons successfully, please mention the reseller where you tested.

Shameless Plug - Support usernamex with these affiliate links:
https://www.mydomain.com/join/index.bml?AffID=839948
https://www.netfirms.com/join/index.bml?AffID=839949

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
DomFam has been experiencing issues - first reported on NP on 22 August, affecting Registrations, Renewals and Transfers - MOST issues seem to have been resolved by now

Please contact support by chat or phone as official channels are the only way for you to get actual help with your account - tickets seem to be delayed so chat or phone will get you a resolution faster.

SOMETIMES the WhoIs will reflect the correct information, but the Control Panel will not be updated, if this happens you can choose the individual domain and "Refresh" to see if that will update the Control Panel. Use a good WhoIs like http://gwhois.org

•••
upload_2017-8-31_15-9-50.png

•••
•••
Going slightly off topic for this post . . .

Went back through the thread and the last time any coupon worked for Transfers at the DomFam was 11 July 2017. Was hoping that there would be a coupon that included transfers for Labor Day - testing shows not for transfers. My guess is the coupons are not going to work for transfers anymore : sigh :

Can imagine many people are bummed, yet the 25% coupons only brought the COM price to $6.22. We have that beat for transfers to LCN at $6.19, their prices are good for COM NET ORG INFO. DomFam cheap transfers included BIZ and US so listed those below as well.

Best Transfer Deals now:
COM - LCN - $6.19
NET - LCN - $6.19
ORG - LCN - $6.19
INFO - LCN - $6.19
BIZ - DomFam - $8.29 (even without coupons this is best price)
US - ResellerClub $6.99 and nSilo $6.99

The DomFam sibling to sibling transfer was extra work to ask support to have the domains removed, normal transfer is simpler anyway.

Transfer deals are few and far between, we can hope that AlpNames will offer transfers next time they have a promo. For general info, last year Black Friday/Cyber Monday (2016) there were NO transfer deals

Posted the best deals in the official Transfers thread also, good idea to watch that thread in case there is some fantastic transfer deal!
https://www.namepros.com/posts/6331703/

•••
LASTCALL doesn't work for transfers and renewals at MyDomain, unfortunately. I've just check with my names
Doesn't work on the others for transfer as well.

•••
Folks,
Use DOMAINSAVE to save 20% off at Domain.com, MyDomain, Netfirms and Dotster. Transfer and Renew accepted. I checked at MyDomain and Netfirms also.

Coupon ends September 14, 2017, at 11:59 p.m. Pacific. Maximum savings with the discount is $300.
Click http://go2l.ink/1kKl to see price of .COM and .NET after sale. I have a price table in the post, include registrations, transfer and renewal prices.

•••
•••
Flash Sale has ended : bummer :

New coupon, untested. Was only watching for the coupon to double dip : grin :
One day .COM and .NET sale! Save 18% on new .COM and .NET domain names with coupon code DEAL18. Sale ends 18 Sept 11:59 p.m. Pacific.

•••
DEAL18 is good for new registrations, not for transfer or renewal.
Thanks @usernamex.
By the way the $5.99 flash sale has ended.

•••
code: AUTUMN
20%............. end 24 sept

works for transfer at netfirms
6.6$ (.com)
no other sisters or extensions tested.

Last edited:
•••
code: AUTUMN
20%............. end 24 sept

works for transfer at netfirms
6.6$ (.com)
no other sisters or extensions tested.
Good for transfer and renew at MyDomain too guys

•••
@alcy how much per .com/.net transfer at Netfirms buddy?
I cant check at netfirms.

•••
@alcy how much per .com/.net transfer at Netfirms buddy?
I cant check at netfirms.

oddly I thought netifrms had more expesnive .com transfer than others.. like 10$ but turns out its same.. 8.3

so it makes it 6.6$ as I said above

I've no clue about net
did not try

•••
That's price is same as other $6.63.
I will check it later. But thanks for the info buddy

•••
oddly I thought netifrms had more expesnive .com transfer than others.. like 10$ but turns out its same.. 8.3

so it makes it 6.6$ as I said above

I've no clue about net
did not try

Well my names i want to transfer are from netfirms.. any idea if domain.com also got transfers in those prices?

•••
Well my names i want to transfer are from netfirms.. any idea if domain.com also got transfers in those prices?

I am pretty sure .com trnsfr domain.com is also 8.3 before coupon
no idea bout other extensions

did not test if coupon works there.. but should. given original email ccame from domain.com for me actually

gl

•••
I am pretty sure .com trnsfr domain.com is also 8.3 before coupon
no idea bout other extensions

did not test if coupon works there.. but should. given original email ccame from domain.com for me actually

gl

Thanks, ill try that tomorrow.

•••
Aggravating. How the heck do you do a transfer and pay for it?

•••
At Netfirms:
.COM domain transfer is $8.29 same as other.
.NET domain transfer is $12.49 much higher

Last edited:
•••
MyDomain transfer-in is currently acting buggy for me. Unable to verify domain credits.

Aaaaaarrrrrgggghhh!! :pirate:

**UPDATE** Was able to do it but had to use a workaround.

Last edited:
•••
Netfirms.ca : coupon code Autumn stopped working yesterday
Domain.com : still working right now for .com AND .info : $8.29 => $6.63

•••
Domain.com : still working right now for .com AND .info : $8.29 => $6.63
Works on .net (slightly higher), are there tld exclusions? (thinking ngTLDs)

btw...

THANK YOU domfam for the great promos!

Last edited:
•••
Update :
now I don't think the coupon "Autumn" is dead at Netfirms, I realize that you can use it only five times.
What happens to me is I can't buy multiple transfer credit when I use the bulk transfer page. Let's say I enter 10 names + auth code. I then refresh page ta have them appear, select all, click "verify credit" and nothing happens.

I have to manually go in domain central, click on each domain > transfer, re-enter auth code, click on purchase credit pay for ONE transfer credit.

Then go back to domain central, click on each domain > transfer, re-enter auth code, THEN the transfer can happen.

Anyone else with that glitch ?

When you do that five times, coupon Autumn dies...

•••
Anyone else with that glitch ?
EXACTLY what I had to do at MyDomain! So frustrating, AND eating up our promo codes! :arghh:

*ed it* I still used up my 5 dom limit :smuggrin:

Last edited:
•••
This thing looks familiar, these companies were rarely known to everyone, they started promo every now and then, people gets known to them, now everything seems to be diminishing. Same was the story with GoDaddy, however GoDaddy was already popular with domainers.

•••
Back