IT.COM

Consolidated SuperSales - Domain - MyDomain - NetFirms - Dotster

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

At which of the Domain.com resellers do you have an account?

usernamex

Top Member
Impact
While recovering from the past weekend of scattered deals and in anticipation of the next SuperSale, I am weary of having several threads related to the SuperSales at Domain - MyDomain - NetFirms - Dotster.

Since the promos often work at more than one reseller, I would love to have a single thread to watch and participate in, if you agree, hang out here and watch this thread!

All NPers are welcome to post coupons and promos here as long as they are Domain - MyDomain - NetFirms - Dotster. That way we all have a better chance at awesome savings as soon as the promos are live!

The usernamex Guide to SuperSales

SuperSales are promotions done by the family of registrars under Domain.com, including MyDomain.com NetFirms.com Dotster.com

About every 10 days to two weeks, one or more of these registrars runs what I like to call SuperSales - with dot COM / NET domain registrations for bargain prices, $1.99 - $2.99 - $3.99. Sometimes the specials are good for multi-year registrations, sometimes only the first year is discounted.

The super fun part is they let you use coupons ON TOP of the promo, so there have been specials as low as $1.39, $1.59 is more common, and $1.99 is still great any time!

If you are new, the best choice is usually MyDomain, since their renewals are second best (to Domain) and I have not seen the $1.99 special ever offered at Domain direct

A great way to get an account set up is NOT during the frenzy of the SuperSales, and a trick you can use without having to contact support is to buy the easiest to type/remember cheapest domain you can, like whatever ngTLD is on sale for $1.99, that will be your username. You can drop the domain after a year and your account will be fine. Otherwise get on chat and they can set you up ahead of time without having to make a purchase.

To make it easy for everyone, if you can BOLD any coupon codes, that would be super, and if you tested coupons successfully, please mention the reseller where you tested.

Shameless Plug - Support usernamex with these affiliate links:
https://www.mydomain.com/join/index.bml?AffID=839948
https://www.netfirms.com/join/index.bml?AffID=839949

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's our ultimate summer event! Save 25% on new products today only with coupon code BIGEVENT. Sale ends tonight at 11:59 p.m.

BIGEVENT coupon ends July 22, 2017, at 11:59 p.m. Pacific. BIGEVENT coupon is good for 25% off all new products and services with no minimum purchase.

eta
coupon NOT working for transfers - tested Domain MyDomain NetFirms Dotster

Looks like NEW products only : bummer :

Last edited:
•••
any old coupon or anytnign at all still working? 10% 15?
for transfers.......

•••
•••
The evergreen coupons do NOT seem to work for transfers, only the timed coupons, and those only work sometimes for transfer.

@premkumar - we are now using a clever workaround to transfer between siblings for the price of transfer rather than paying for renewal. It's slightly more effort and can be big savings, you will be wise to wait for a 25% coupon that works for transfer, if you have a little time before expiry.

Explained here:
https://www.namepros.com/posts/6116504/

•••
I need some transfer Promo.. Can some one help..

Thanks..

•••
•••
New lame coupon, NEW regs only 15% both seem to work
BRANDING or BRAND

No good for transfers
BRAND coupon and offers end July 26, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific. BRAND coupon is good for 15% off new domain names with no minimum purchase.

•••
•••
Since the current coupon ends 26 July, my best guess would be 1 August for the next 25% coupon and hopefully it will be one that works for transfers.

@AuctionBio - see two posts up #706

•••
Seem like no any code work for transfer and renewal at Domain.com, Netfirms, MyDomain and also Dotster at the moment. I've just checked

•••
SAVINGS coupon ends July 29, 2017, at 11:59 p.m. Pacific. SAVINGS coupon is good for 20% off if you spend $60 or more.

coupon not working for transfers tested only at MyDomain - hint use a taken .AT to test - the transfer cost is $79
more later

•••
Domain.com - EXTRA25 - 25% - $7,49

Edit: Not working for transfers

Last edited:
•••
coupon not working for transfers tested only at MyDomain
0f1.jpg

•••
New Coupon - meh only 15% no transfers

BLOG coupon and offers end July 31, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific. BLOG coupon is good for 15% off new products and services with no minimum purchase.

coupon not working for transfers tested only at MyDomain

•••
It also doesn't work with Dotster and Domain dot com. I've just tested.

•••
•••
Thanks @CJ6 - going to double check mine now, also noticed on one of my accounts it was scheduled to downgrade to parking on a specific date, then after that date, it reverted to extend SIX months but is still set to downgrade. IDK what that's about

Here's the pdf with screenshots
https://www.namepros.com/posts/5992931/

•••
New coupon code - still not working for transfers FUN18

The three day sale starts today! Save 18% on new purchases with coupon code FUN18 on MyDomain.com. Sale ends August 4, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific. Exclusions apply.

FUN18 is not FUN : bummer :

Best transfer option today $6.19
https://www.namepros.com/posts/6272650/

Last edited:
•••
Transfers working at Netfirms, in case there is a flash sale today?

•••
New coupons not working for transfers - $35 minimum for 20%

AUGA
and AUGB coupons and offers end August 10, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific. AUGA coupon is good for 15% off new products and services with no minimum purchase. AUGB coupon is good for 20% off new products and services when you spend $35 or more in a single purchase.

Tested at Domain MyDomain NetFirms Dotster
New Products - YES
Transfers - NO : bummer :

Last edited:
•••
Latest Coupons:

AUG15
gives you 15% off with no minimum spends
and

AUG20
gives you 20% off for a minimum spend of $35

Offer ends August 10, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific.

Since it is pretty much the same as the last offer, presumably it does not apply to transfers either.
I'm traveling out soon so don't have the time to test them out right now. Hopefully @usernamex or @luantt will do their magic again :)

•••
Tested Domain MyDomain Dotster - no dice for transfers
Now when I test I actually just leave the upsells checked off since then I can verify that the coupon works for new products, just not for the transfer.

NetFirms not tested since ya gotta actually login and put a legit transfer and auth code worth more than $35 to test - IO works if you have any

•••
Repost so anyone can test

How to test if coupons are working for transfers without logging in or purchase

Go to the transfer page of the sibling you want to check
https://www.domain.com/domains/transfer.bml
https://www.mydomain.com/domains/transfer.bml
http://www.dotster.com/domains/transfer.bml

Plug in ANY existing domain name, you don't have to own it, when there is a cart minimum*, I now use dot AT to test since the cost is $79.99 (AT is Austria, so nic.at is obviously taken)
IF you get a popup that asks if you are an existing customer say "NO - I want to create a new account"
UNCHECK any offers on the upsell page Now I am leaving the upsells checked so you can verify the coupon works for new products even if not working for transfer
The cart will show the $79.99 for AT transfer and whatever hosting product upsells
Enter the coupon code and submit

VOILA! If the coupon is valid, it will show the discounted price and successful coupon message
Coupon Applied: FooBarCoupon: Save 25% on your entire order when you spend $60 (exclusions apply).

If the coupon is working for NEW products ONLY, then only those products will be discounted, and the TRANSFER cost will not.

*the highest minimum I have seen is $75 so this covers all with only a single domain to plug in

This method does NOT work on NetFirms, the transfer page just redirects to the main page, likely related to the glitch.

Also, use the little trash can on LEFT to empty your cart before closing that page, else it *may* show up again when making a real purchase.

ss-np-dotster-transfer-example-07-11-2017.png

•••
Confirm not work for transfer and renewal at Netfirms and MyDomain.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back