IT.COM

advice Confused on the name radiationshield.com being taken.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

EASYPICKINGS

Established Member
Impact
Hey, I could have sworn on two different times on the same day I looked up the domain name radiationshield.com and it was available. Please please tell me someone didnt renew it in the last few days while I didnt try to secure it for myself. Thanks,

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Maybe I spelled it wrong!

•••
Where did you looked and found it available? radiationshield.com was not dropped recently. It has creation date of 2001.

•••
•••
May be you have misspelled it or maybe you have seen it available for backordering as a PreRlease name.

•••
Are you sure its impossible it was available recently?

•••
•••
Or maybe the registra is simply stealing our ideas. On several occasions I have typed in a name to see if it's available and it is. Within 30 seconds it's no longer available. And I'm talking hand reg my own ideas. How can it be gone so quickly if it was my own idea ?
Hmmm. # fishy

•••
I mean luckily you can check too to see the date it was last updated, renewed, and originally purchased. RIGHT???

•••
A domain obviously is available for registration only when it is not already been registered. And every time a domain drops i.e is available for registration, then it gets new creation date if it is registered again. And 'update date' is just a time at which anything has last changed regarding that name, like change in nameserver, renewal, any whois detail change.

•••
Also some times names are shown as available in domain search results but it is marked as premium and is available at premium price and it is normally shown as available because it has been listed for sale by its owner on that platform or the registrar has tie up with such domain sale platform. Like below, nbd.com is shown available at Godaddy
upload_2019-1-16_0-43-58.png

Last edited:
•••
It was registered in 2001 and last updated in December.
Sometimes names show as available until you click to add it to cart, then it changes to not available.

•••
Or maybe the registra is simply stealing our ideas. On several occasions I have typed in a name to see if it's available and it is. Within 30 seconds it's no longer available. And I'm talking hand reg my own ideas. How can it be gone so quickly if it was my own idea ?
Hmmm. # fishy
Fishy things go on sometimes I'm sure, but I've had the same happen on a couple of names lately and it was just a mistake on the search results. They had shown them as available when they weren't. When I checked the whois it turned out they had been registered (and in use) for years.
More info..
www.namepros.com/threads/handregs-that-someone-grabbed-minutes-before-you.1049587/
www.namepros.com/threads/someone-reg-a-domain-on-my-to-reg-list.1054769/

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back