IT.COM

com wholesale will up $0.54 Sept1, Y Dynadot hiking $1.00?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hey folks,

Aware about the 7% com price hike for while
Verisign prolonged, due to Covid, wholesale -- will go from $7.85 to $8.39 on Sept 1.
amounts to a 54-cent increase ($7.85 to $8.39)
Dynadot decided this is an opportune time to round up and near double 54 cents to $1.00 -- $8.99 to $9.99, a $1.00 increase, despite the 54 cent Verisign price hike.

B8257B6C-9D8A-4897-85A5-8F98979DB905.jpeg

———————————

Godaddy may do nothing, since up-charge a lot 7.85-8.39 theoretically not worth nightmare PR; Gd’s $18!, but stranger things’ happened.

@Dynadot, why not up the price by 54 cents?

Why add $1.00? The current $8.99 price would still profit off 8.39, even if add the 18 cents fee!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
alcy is singing... time to say goodbye..

thanks for being industry leader in ripping people off @Dynadot

I hope you make up with this price hike for the 100s of 1000s of domains that will leave yer registrar.

Last edited:
•••
Is a percentage of tax involved with that price increase?

Hopefully they will continue to offer great specials.

•••
If you have super bulk ( you spend so much a year there) it is $8.99 which is a 50 cent increase) Make sure to complain to GoDaddy and all the registrars who’s price will be higher than that. Some of you have nothing better to do with your time than complain about anything and everything.

This scheduled increase has been known for almost two years and not the choice of Dynadot or anyone else.

@alcy start moving your names out now and let us know where there is a better post transfer renewal deal. You have 26 days left 👋

Last edited:
•••
And @Samer its a cheap shot from an Epik fan boy. Make sure to post their increase letter if they even send one.

•••
And @Samer its a cheap shot from an Epik fan boy. Make sure to post their increase letter if they even send one.

Easy, cowboy, i only mentioned Dynadot.

I did not mention any other Registrar.

I already covered Godaddy, i said their .com is so bloated ($18) that they likely wont care and keep the $18 regular price.

Cheap shot is mentioning epik 6.99 august xfer For all August—com transfers are 6.99 @ epik.

dont think upping $1.00’s fair?54 cent increase
Only “cheap shot” are these business morals, 54 cent price increase doesnt warrant $1 hike.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
If you have super bulk ( you spend so much a year there) it is $8.99 which is a 50 cent increase) Make sure to complain to GoDaddy and all the registrars who’s price will be higher than that. Some of you have nothing better to do with your time than complain about anything and everything.

This scheduled increase has been known for almost two years and not the choice of Dynadot or anyone else.

@alcy start moving your names out now and let us know where there is a better post transfer renewal deal. You have 26 days left 👋

seems to me yer the one complaining that everyone complaining.

well someone has to stand up for prices and what's right.. who gonna do it..u and yer likes? plz.

Last edited:
•••
Increases are not too bad if you are Bulk or Super Bulk customer, imo.

Regular: 11.12%
Bulk: 5.71%
Super Bulk: 5.76%

•••
Increases are not too bad if you are Bulk or Super Bulk customer, imo.

Regular: 11.12%
Bulk: 5.71%
Super Bulk: 5.76%

yeah..a big if..which sadly doesnt apply to most.. hence we have a problem.

•••
At the end of the day, go where you can get the best deals and service with your personal portfolio, and keep checking for specials and promos.

•••
Last edited:
•••
I’m assuming @karmaco is bulk dynadot seller

or just dyna fanboy?

me I'm fanboy of good fair.prices and not getting ripped off. as are all reasonable folk

•••
or just dyna fanboy?

me I'm fanboy of good fair.prices and not getting ripped off. as are all reasonable folk
Yup! Ur an objective best value fanboy. Agree.

I cant wait to hear Dynadot’s response.
i think replied too soon with too high increase

Last edited:
•••
You’ll save even more at Sav lol. For record i never had an acct at dynadot
alcy is singing... time to say goodbye..

thanks for being industry leader in ripping people off @Dynadot

I hope you make up with this price hike for the 100s of 1000s of domains that will leave yer registrar.

•••
You’ll save even more at Sav lol. For record i never had an acct at dynadot

Above(.)com 9.45 com renewal now cheaper.

They offer free Whois Privacy & awesome DN.
Always wanted to try strange different registrar

After Sept 1, $9.99 .com renewal at Dynadot!
Actually sets bad precedent. Shame, Dynadot.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
yeah..a big if..which sadly doesnt apply to most.. hence we have a problem.

I qualify for Bulk pricing by spending at least $500 a year. That's about 55 .coms, really not much if you're serious about domains. I currently pay $8.75 per renewal, and will pay $9.25 from September 1. That's only a $0.50 increase - nothing to complain about.

For those who buy and renew a few domains yearly, the price increases hardly matter.

Last edited:
•••
10usd regular price all across for com is not what above avg registrar should have.. unless they wanna stop being above avg.

•••
I qualify for Bulk pricing by spending at least $500 a year. That's about 55 .coms, really not much if you're serious about domains. I currently pay $8.75 per renewal, and will pay $9.25 from September 1. That's only a $0.50 increase - nothing to complain about.

For those who buy and renew a few domains yearly, the price increases hardly matter.

I'm on the same boat, it's only a 50 cents increase, no biggie ...

•••
I have super bulk so... no problems for me.

I'm not surprised by this. Dynadot has to make money somehow. Well they will get just a little more from lower tier clients.

•••
•••
Guys, as a solution, increase the prices on your domains.

A thousand domains will cost you an extra $500. A STR of 2% gives an increase of $25 on average per sale. Round it out to lets say $50 US per domain to cover the increase, including commission.

The consumer pays the price hike, like everywhere else.

edit... I actually had to go back and do the math as I got it wrong. Beer, BBQ and domains don't go well together.:xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
Guys, as a solution, increase the prices on your domains.

A thousand domains will cost you an extra $500. A STR of 2% gives an increase of $25 on average per sale. Round it out to lets say $50 US per domain to cover the increase, including commission.

The consumer pays the price hike, like everywhere else.

edit... I actually had to go back and do the math as I got it wrong. Beer, BBQ and domains don't go well together.:xf.smile:
Now that’s being proactive!

Not to be a buzzkill, be ready do it next 4 yrs…

# Put .COM contract to tender. Fight the “7%”
THREE left! Lord help us… Someone, anyone.

Last edited:
•••
@namesilo from 8.99 to 9.95 as well
Smart.

$0.04 cheaper than DD’s “$9.99” bs increase.

Amazing, shouldnt have exceeded 7.85 to 8.39
Once more, that’s 54 cents.

@karmac as for you, get at me with something more substantive. You just establishin you dont care about price increases; DD 1st domino — NS followed with increase to 9.95 to 9.99;

Grow up, @karmaco this affects ALL of us.

Always looking at things with a partisan lens.
I kept OP post neutral, just asking questions.
beloved epik didnt announce such an increase; Only ur Dynadot started this bs domino effect,
—Facts, not attacks; the FIFTY FOUR CENTS should not be DOLLAR INCREASE 8.99->9.99
(Or 96 cents NameSilo’s case, respondin wave

Last edited:
•••
No big deal!

Just add $2 to your final sale price. You gain $1 more profit.

•••
Back