Dynadot

com wholesale will up $0.54 Sept1, Y Dynadot hiking $1.00?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey folks,

Aware about the 7% com price hike for while
Verisign prolonged, due to Covid, wholesale -- will go from $7.85 to $8.39 on Sept 1.
amounts to a 54-cent increase ($7.85 to $8.39)
Dynadot decided this is an opportune time to round up and near double 54 cents to $1.00 -- $8.99 to $9.99, a $1.00 increase, despite the 54 cent Verisign price hike.

B8257B6C-9D8A-4897-85A5-8F98979DB905.jpeg

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

Godaddy may do nothing, since up-charge a lot 7.85-8.39 theoretically not worth nightmare PR; Gd’s $18!, but stranger things’ happened.

@Dynadot, why not up the price by 54 cents?

Why add $1.00? The current $8.99 price would still profit off 8.39, even if add the 18 cents fee!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No big deal!

Just add $2 to your final sale price. You gain $1 more profit.

Next 4 years & Dynadot keeps rounding up lol

Last edited:
•••
Why add $1.00? The current $8.99 price would still profit off 8.39, even if add the 18 cents fee!
even better than godaddy

•••
Porkbun ACH is 8.09 now, I don't see where they announced what the new price will be. Guaranteed they won't add $1.00

•••
If they sell. In a month we will find out who raised prices by how much. Remember i already add 25% as our cad is much lower than usd, so $8 renewal is $10.00 to me already. We been spoiled by discounts but businesses cant run in red 24/7. So i am paying ~ $10 for .com and $11 for .ca renewal. I do move my keepers at renewal to save a duece and have some due this month and they will go where best deal is. If my name is not worth extra 3 cents a day to own, i shouldnt own it
No big deal!

Your math skills are amazing JohnπŸ‘ˆ
Edit: each name is an independent investment, as most i have for more than 1 year

Last edited:
•••
No big deal!

Here is the correct math of price increase you need to recover extra renewal cost:

Price Increase (Per Domain) = Renewal Cost Increase / STR

P = R / STR

C = R x N
S = N x STR
P = C / S
=> P = R x N / ( N X STR)
=> P = R / STR

Where:
C: Total cost increase
R: Renewal cost increase
N: Number of domains
S: Number of sold domains (per year)
P: Price increase to recover cost increase
STR: Sell Through Rate (per year)

Example:
Renewal Increase = $0.5
STR = 2%
Price increase (per domain) = $0.5 / 2% = $25

Example2:
Renewal Increase = $1
STR = 2%
Price increase (per domain) = $1 / 2% = $50

Last edited:
•••
Being a low-cost registrar, we do acknowledge price increases can be challenging. This is why we wanted to notify our customers with ample notice. As pointed out earlier, this price increase has been known for several years. We will continue to do our best in offering low and transparent pricing after ICANN and transaction fees.

•••
Smart.

$0.04 cheaper than DD’s β€œ$9.99” bs increase.

Amazing, shouldnt have exceeded 7.85 to 8.39
Once more, that’s 54 cents.

@karmac as for you, get at me with something more substantive. You just establishin you dont care about price increases; DD 1st domino β€” NS followed with increase to 9.95 to 9.99;

Grow up, @karmaco this affects ALL of us.

Always looking at things with a partisan lens.
I kept OP post neutral, just asking questions.
beloved epik didnt announce such an increase; Only ur Dynadot started this bs domino effect,
β€”Facts, not attacks; the FIFTY FOUR CENTS should not be DOLLAR INCREASE 8.99->9.99
(Or 96 cents NameSilo’s case, respondin wave

There is nothing partisan about you. If someone posts about Epik anything you are the first one jumping to their defense. You are the most biased person on this platform about registrars.

so when you get the scoop on Epik’s increase be sure to start a critique thread that shows us how β€œpartisan” you are. πŸ™„ We won’t hold our breath.

Last edited:
•••
There is nothing partisan about you. If someone posts about Epik anything you are the first one jumping to their defense. You are the most biased person on this platform about registrars.

so when you get the scoop on Epik’s increase be sure to start a critique thread that shows us how β€œpartisan” you are. πŸ™„ We won’t hold our breath.

Lol, this is β€œwhataboutism”
Epik has not announced anything, like most. Dynadot was quick to act give us β€œample time” but dont like $1.00, since was only 54 cents from 7.85 to 8.39

.com wholesale has been $7.85 as long as i can recall… Im not outraged over 54 cents, but the $1.00 hike for Dynadot, who is first; NameSilo obviously followed their lead; it should come as no coincidence they 9.95.

You are most partisan person here, @karmaco

Last edited:
•••
Being a low-cost registrar, we do acknowledge price increases can be challenging. This is why we wanted to notify our customers with ample notice. As pointed out earlier, this price increase has been known for several years. We will continue to do our best in offering low and transparent pricing after ICANN and transaction fees.

Thanks, for the heads up.

You were the first, and your $1.00 hike was followed by NameSilo’s similiar 96 cent hike.

We knew about 54 cent hikes (7%) for a while
Bulk sellers and your β€œsuper customers” happy
But the ones who paid β€œregular” $8.99 shafted.

@Dynadot, you should be ashamed, much like @karmaco, thinks this a good enough excuse.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
people are always free to vote with their $$$; you have SAV on one end and GD on the other where yah gonna go?

•••
•••
You buy for $10 and sell for $100+ (... $1000s) and arguing about the registrar end-operational profit of -/+ $0.60 per .com domain. Or EOP of -/+ $0.10 via DynaD Promo codes.

If the $10 per .com is too expensive… let me guess - the aftermarket price of your domain names goes up % per year. Right?

You know why many "fishnet" registrars (+ resellers) will charge less than $10? Because they will turn around & sell your user info and / or up-sell you on basic functionality (whois, Cinderella dns features, etc). To not mention "carrot <> stick = banana promises".

Read ToS / Policy ... & edu about how much it costs to run a domain name registrar.

If you are holding 10,000+ domain names and doing nothing but waiting ... lower the cost > get rid of useless domains.

Regards

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back