Dynadot

.com .com prices go up again in September

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
It is going to get a little bit more expensive to register .com domain names later on this year. In a press release sharing Verisign’s Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2021 results, the company that operates the .com domain registry announced a 7% price increase in September. As you may recall, the wholesale price of .com registrations was increased in September of last year...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
While in general, it is a big increase (7%), that is equivalent to finding one coupon code or one registrar giving a discount and with the right planning, seasonal investors won't be affected a lot. What do you think?

•••
While in general, it is a big increase (7%), that is equivalent to finding one coupon code or one registrar giving a discount and with the right planning, seasonal investors won't be affected a lot. What do you think?
Its quite pathetic.

I can provide .com for $1-2 if ICANN allows an auction for .com registry.

They are charging us insanely more and more for something that takes few cents to produce, in cahoots with ICANN

•••
I'm wondering if the increase was more than 7% from the ICANN approved theives...my prices have increased much more than that (what the registrars are now charging).

•••
Porkbun had a +6.7% increase for .com domains.

Old: $8.95 + $0.18 icann fee = $9.13
New: $9.55 + $0.18 icann fee = $9.73

The registry-level wholesale fee increase by Verisign is actually +6.9% (8.39 to 8.97).

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back