IT.COM

opinion Com/Net/Org Battle - Long dotCOM without hyphens, short dotNET or exact match dotORG?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Which is the best?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Net

votes
    0.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Reallybigidea.com

THIS DOMAIN SOLD. Username is not valid.Top Member
Impact
Hi,

Could you please vote, which is the best domain COM NET or ORG?

IMG_20220904_174924.png

No need appraisal and i do not sell them. Just like to know your Professional opinion which is better for developing.

Thanks.

God bless America.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.org in this case. The name in .com is not grammatically correct, as you don't need ''the''. Double hyphen, although understandable in this case, but still weird.
I'd go with an .org, should I choose one.

•••
Hi,

Could you please vote, which is the best domain COM NET or ORG?

Show attachment 222433

No need appraisal and i do not sell them. Just like to know your Professional opinion which is better for developing.

Thanks.

God bless America.
exact match .org would be
UnitedStates.org

without hyphen.

and yes, that is a much better solution than the other two.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Do you mean UnitedStatesOfAmerica.com ("... of the America" doesn't mean anything). If so I'd say that was the best by far, even better than if the other 2 domains were both COM.

Last edited:
•••
Do you mean UnitedStatesOfAmerica.com ("... of the America" doesn't mean anything). If so I'd say that was the best by far, even better than if the other 2 domains were both COM.
Actually i have with THE. Obviously without THE is a correct. But
IMG_20220905_215350.png

Interestingly that plural version is taken since 2018 *********oftheamericaS.com

Similar names are taken
IMG_20220905_215416.png

•••
All of those "of the Americas" domains that sold refer to street addresses on Sixth Avenue in New York, which is also sometimes called the "Avenue of the Americas".

Last edited:
•••
Basically "the Americas" refers to all of North and South America, but "the America" doesn't mean anything. It would be like saying "The Sam" to refer to a guy named Sam, or "the India" to refer to India.

•••
All of those "of the Americas" domains that sold refer to street addresses on Sixth Avenue in New York, which is also sometimes called the "Avenue of the Americas".
Some not only avenue
IMG_20220905_220123.png

IMG_20220905_220109.png

•••
English is weird.
IMG_20220905_223124.png

IMG_20220905_223036.png

IMG_20220905_223000.png

Need some explanation regarding article THE

•••
If you Google "great republic of the united states of the america" (with quotes) you will see there are only 2 occurrences of this phrase. But if you read the document itself you will see it says "Great Republic of the United States of America". So whoever originally copied the title from that document did so incorrectly.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back