IT.COM

advice .CO vs .AI What are the pros & cons of both, Which one is better?

NameSilo
Watch

Nomad91

Upgraded Member
Impact
I'm trying to sell a .co domain to a fintech company that currently uses .ai, and I own the premium one word .co, They have emailed me back and showed interest but they believe the .ai is better than the .co, I am trying to convince them otherwise. Help me out. Why is .co better than .ai?

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi

as far as usage on the internet,
neither is better than the other, so from their perspective, what they are saying is true.
if anything, .co might be worse, because the registry flags majority of their drops with premium renewal fees.

imo...

Last edited:
•••
If their company has anything to do with tech or data, then ai is a good fit for them. There's really no reason to invest a whole lot in another extension that will be mostly unused.

However, .co is better for brick and mortar companies , non-tech and e-commerce in my opinion.

If they have a portfolio of domains, then it will be a good investment to acquire the .co due to the ROI from holding it and also preventing any competitors from owning the domain.

Either way, it's an interesting discussion about selling non-com extension to non-com owner. Would like to hear some thoughts from someone that's had that experience before.

Last edited:
•••
I'm trying to sell a .co domain to a fintech company that currently uses .ai, and I own the premium one word .co, They have emailed me back and showed interest but they believe the .ai is better than the .co, I am trying to convince them otherwise. Help me out. Why is .co better than .ai?

Thanks guys!
.co is a horrible upgrade from any TLD.
If a company is already using .ai he will not likely get the .co

Other than a .com, they have no reason to upgrade.

All .io, .co, .xyz, .ai. .so are second choice for .com and of these 5, other than .co all the other 4 have specific usage and don't need to upgrade and don't even have to upgrade to a .com unless they become 8-9 figure business.

So a .co is really a poor choice here.

PS: I have sold a lot of .cos

•••
what's better apple or orange hmmm

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back