IT.COM
NameSilo
Watch
Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Looks like the auction has started. Pizza.co is leading the way at $250. I have my doubts about this auction because of the high reserves. Guess we'll see!

•••
A News piece about the .CO era:

azfamily.com/video/featured-videos/Is-GoDaddy-ushering-in-new-internet-era-115536904.html

•••
Hi,

Any Value of this domain FamilyPhysicians.co ?

Anyone ?

Thanks

•••
Looks like the auction has started. Pizza.co is leading the way at $250. I have my doubts about this auction because of the high reserves. Guess we'll see!

I don't know why when the reserve is at least $10000, people put in a bid of $250. Can someone enlighten me?

---------- Post added at 04:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 AM ----------

Hi,

Any Value of this domain FamilyPhysicians.co ?

Anyone ?

Thanks

There are a lot of professional colleges with these keywords. So that's a good start. If you want an appraisal it's best to put it in that thread. Cheers.

@lynx

"Drugstore.co seems to be up for $250,000 which strikes me as highly unrealistic - is that so?"

The reserve can actually be as low as $100000.

Last edited:
•••
It looks like somebody decided to get a refund on their bulk lll.co purchase. Short lived buyout!

•••
It looks like somebody decided to get a refund on their bulk lll.co purchase. Short lived buyout!

How did you learn this?

•••

Could you provide a list of availables?

•••
touchscreen.co is the first one to meet the Reserve Price on Sedo's .co auction. ($xxx) A long way from those crazy single word reserves...

•••
I don't know why when the reserve is at least $10000, people put in a bid of $250. Can someone enlighten me?

They either can't read that the reserve is posted right there, and are hoping against hope that their "offer" will be enough, or it's an attention-getting mechanism.

So laughable...as I'm hitting refresh $100 bids are showing up for Mike Mann's names, at a rate about one every few minutes.

Last edited:
•••
Is it me or did the auction just gain a day?

•••
Is it me or did the auction just gain a day?

I thought it started early. I thought it wasn't supposed to start until tonight.

•••
I thought it started early. I thought it wasn't supposed to start until tonight.

I thought it started at noon which would make sense. Earlier when the first bids were placed it was showing 6 days 22 hours left. I guess they adjusted the time.

•••
use:

Sedo.CO

for easy access to the auction

•••
•••
I AM THE LEADING BIDDER FOR GOLD.CO!!!! [Edit... no more, but I am business.co!]

Hopefully it will hold :) It's funny, all this excitement for an auction to start and then it gets here.. HUGE ANTICLIMAX...

Because nothing actually starts for another 6 DAYS!!!

Update:

Last edited:
•••
Could you provide a list of availables?

I checked random ones from a list posted on the forum at noomle.
I'll send you a link in a bit.

•••
I checked random ones from a list posted on the forum at noomle.
I'll send you a link in a bit.

I would appreciate that! Trying to get a handle on the quality of what's still on the shelf.

•••
Sedo .co auction is just pathetic!
People sees reserve price $25000-49000 and bid $100, 900, 4000.
Why not hide reserve price and start high or start at reserve price?
This will only show how much domainers are willing to pay for that particular name.co

Ebay have a better auction process, that's why they are the leader worldwide for general auction!

•••
This will only show how much domainers are willing to pay for that particular name.co

Ebay have a better auction process, that's why they are the leader worldwide for general auction!

It has no impact on the final outcome imho. That said having starting bids at $100 for $100,000 reserves is asinine. It all looks stupid until at least 2 people put in substantial proxy bids.

Worse is that if you have a name that someone types in - you don't even get taken directly to the auction! I would recommend that people change that so that if you type in say:

gold.co

You get taken directly to the listing.

Of course, Mr Mann has done things differently. For a professional, I'm surprised that you can go to gold.co and "Buy It Now". Whatever happened to "exclusive" listings?

That's amateurish. imho.

•••

As far as domains are concerned, Ebay is not so good. At the Sedo .co auction, people just have to read the domain description a little closer to see the reserve price. It's clearly stated.

•••
I'm showing a bunch of the LLL.co's available today
but when I go to the Registrar, they are showing as taken,
but with no whois info.

Yesterday they all said taken, so what's happened/happening?

•••
I'm showing a bunch of the LLL.co's available today
but when I go to the Registrar, they are showing as taken,
but with no whois info.

Yesterday they all said taken, so what's happened/happening?

I found a pretty good one today that has 2 premiums, not registered. However, I didn't register it.

Last edited:
•••
I found a pretty good one today that has 2 premiums, not registered.

Were you able to actually get it?
I found some great ones...but when I go to either
godaddy or dynadot to reg it, it says taken :|

I'll check around and see if it's "available" elsewhere.

•••
I just picked up 4 LLL.co (all premium, not handregs), which makes a total of 5 this week. I think I'm done for now. :)

•••
...always good to see names being registered like:

BoltCutters.co to HardwareWorld.com
FilmSchool.co to CentralFilmSchool.com

though not in use yet...a step in a good direction

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back