IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••

Oops.

Yes, I meant numbers.

:)

Hmm... I don't know about the correlation between #'s and spelling words, because I don't think many people use a phone keypad to enter urls anymore...

That being said, there are only 1,000 NNN and NNNN's so, they are somewhat few in number. Ive seen a fairly good number available on the secondary market, but I wouldn't pay too much for them at this point.

What is the intended use?

•••

I hand regged (for $7.49) 5626.co, which spells out LOAN.

I thought maybe it was worth a bargain bin price.

On the other hand, there seems to be plenty of nnnn.co left.

•••
Today I've found this blog post, which I think represents a great example of what .CO can do for the average Joe who simply wants nothing spectacular, just a meaningful domain, in this case his name.

Code:
http://thedavidgardner.com/202/david-gardner-gets-his-domain-name/

•••

I hand regged (for $7.49) 5626.co, which spells out LOAN.

I thought maybe it was worth a bargain bin price.

On the other hand, there seems to be plenty of nnnn.co left.

I wouldn't register too many NNNN.co at this point, but as numbers go, that's a nice combination, at a bargain price. I have a few NNNs:

855 (toll-free extension)

They are relatively scarce, so I figured it didn't hurt to grab a few early on.

Oh, and I still dial things using the keypad. Nowadays most companies will have the straight numerical equivalent posted, but they'll often have the "word" spelling on their website, as well.

•••
It looks like all valuable GEOs are taken. A couple of days ago I was about to register NewBedford.CO but I was beaten by none other than mr. Page Howe (and I'm sure many others of the big time .COM owners have been secretly acquiring .CO's).

Most big time investors dont spread the word about what they are doing - which is why they are making the money. This would not surprise me one bit.

Also godaddy had a coupon code making co domain registration 7.49 so why wouldnt someone take a shot and reg a .co domain

•••
Today I've found this blog post, which I think represents a great example of what .CO can do for the average Joe who simply wants nothing spectacular, just a meaningful domain, in this case his name.

Code:
http://thedavidgardner.com/202/david-gardner-gets-his-domain-name/

I bought my name .co too the other day lol :bingo:

•••
regd

To honour the showcase part of the thread title:

Not keyword search monsters, but nice ones nevertheless, me thinks.

Antidrug.co (Yup, hard to misinterpret)
Climatic.co (Climate control/ Climate change)
Scrambling.co (internet/cellphone/ privacy)

Couldn´t resist. Must be the Joan whoever commercial right?

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

If you please XD

I would say that´s worth $7.49, what do you think?

But then it´s real difficult valuating domains, and if you don´t know what domain it is - impossible.

•••
I grabbed Campeonato, Championship on Spanish.
One word, spanish names are good in all major TLDs, and in Colombia they speak Spanish ;) So i hope this could be good in any case :D

•••
I have one NNN.co

886.co

I know 8's are lucky numbers in China

Also noticed 886.com sold for ¥401,000 RMB (any ideas what that is in USD $)

Thanks

•••
i have one nnn.co

886.co

i know 8's are lucky numbers in china

also noticed 886.com sold for ¥401,000 rmb (any ideas what that is in usd $)

thanks

61,170.01 usd

•••
Thanks Wot, appreciate it...

•••
Thanks Wot, appreciate it...

A huge server farm. One short . CEE OH domain and magic.

http://no_url_shorteners/Mxzj

You're welcome. :)

•••
•••
A huge server farm. One short . CEE OH domain and magic.

http://no_url_shorteners/Mxzj

You're welcome

Thanks defaultuser, as you are so good at it, next time I will get you to do it for me :p

•••
Thanks defaultuser, as you are so good at it, next time I will get you to do it for me :p

Actually - it's quite useful to know that you can play with queries to get direct results. Google will do conversions with very efficient query strings. I was surprised actually because the other day I typed:

-11 f in Kelvin (don't ask)

Also things like define:3d will give you a nice usage definition (try it in foreign languages). It's pretty cool that they can parse out direct wants over actual queries imho.

It still is not foolproof though because :

gutentag.co = Meinten Sie: gutentag.co.uk :)

•••
Last edited by a moderator:
•••
hey guys

T(.)X(.)C(.)co

how do we feel about this name?

•••
•••
Seriously...they can't ALL be crap. Any decent ones in the lot?

Most have at least 5,000 Exact searches per month.

If you plan on developing these then it's fine, it will be hard to flip any over reg fee I would think. If you aren't developing, most registers have a 5 day grace delete period.

•••
I recently regged these domains (what teh heck, they were on sale):

SurvivalBlog.co
SurvivalSkills.co
SurvivalTraining.co
FreeMaps.co
NapaValleyHotel.co
NapaValleyHotels.co
NapaBedAndBreakfast.co
NapaValleyBedAndBreakfast.co
XBN.co
IbizaRentals.co
BannedBooks.co
WaterProofPaper.co
CriminalRecordChecks.co
GrowMarijuana.co
IndoorGarden.co
HydroponicGardening.co
IsraeliNews.co
MiddleEastNews.co
MiddleEastMap.co
RussianNews.co
FreezeDriedFood.co
EnglishNews.co
KoreanNews.co
FrenchNews.co
GermanNews.co
AmericanNews.co
ChineseNews.co
ZombieSurvival.co
ZombieSurvivalGuide.co
TrueCrime.co
BookNews.co
VideoGameNews.co

Whadya think? Pigeon poop?

Get a refund

•••
I recently regged these domains (what teh heck, they were on sale):

SurvivalBlog.co
SurvivalSkills.co
SurvivalTraining.co
FreeMaps.co
NapaValleyHotel.co
NapaValleyHotels.co
NapaBedAndBreakfast.co
NapaValleyBedAndBreakfast.co
XBN.co
IbizaRentals.co
BannedBooks.co
WaterProofPaper.co
CriminalRecordChecks.co
GrowMarijuana.co
IndoorGarden.co
HydroponicGardening.co
IsraeliNews.co
MiddleEastNews.co
MiddleEastMap.co
RussianNews.co
FreezeDriedFood.co
EnglishNews.co
KoreanNews.co
FrenchNews.co
GermanNews.co
AmericanNews.co
ChineseNews.co
ZombieSurvival.co
ZombieSurvivalGuide.co
TrueCrime.co
BookNews.co
VideoGameNews.co

Whadya think? Pigeon poop?

What kind of keyword research went into regging these? Are you just looking randomly at what's available? Even with the promotions, that's a lot in registration fees + future renewals.

Zombie Survival Guide is a book and probably trademarked. VideoGameNews is developed (albeit as a site without much content) and not owned by a huge company so you can bet they're not going to want to pay you for the .CO. NapaValleyBedandBreakfast is an insane longtail (not a good investment in .CO at this point), and some of the others just don't make sense.

We're not trying to be discouraging, it's just troubling to see people waste money on names that the majority of investors wouldn't register if they were available. Exceptions do happen, so there's a small possibility you could run across someone who says, "Oooh! I'll take that!" but it won't be for very much.

I'm sorry. Please keep reading the boards, as there's a wealth of information here about keyword research and how to find valuable names. Most (not all) of the handregged .COs at this point are going to be questionable. You can still find some good ones, but the criteria you used in regging these is not what most people would call savvy investing.

Welcome to the boards, though :)

•••
ok,

for example:

survivalblog - 22,000 exact
indoorgarden - 18,000 exact
truecrime - 33,000 exact
koreannews - 15,000 exact

these aren't bad numbers.

also all gone in net, com, org, and info

I'm not going to refund them but I might not renew.

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

BTW NLP, which ones don't make sense?

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

Anyone else want to share their half-time reg's? I did most of my shopping in the land rush but I thought I would grab a few since they are basically 4 for the price of 1. Of course the pickings are a bit slim but whatever. Since it's so cheap right now let's show our hands and compare new hand reg's.

If you think hand regs are the way to go, there really isn't much I can tell you.

When I look up Survival Blog with quotes (in G), I get about 80,000 results, many of which are minisites (for example, HealthandSurvival.com). It's not a product related name, which is why I questioned it. If you have development plans, great - although the .com is already developed. As a straight flip, I think it would be harder.

IndoorGarden, to me, is a better name, because for all I know there are suppliers of products and plants for indoor gardens. It seems like a name that brings to mind more possibilities.

Not a lot of people here were registering names during the Superbowl, but there are a few who did, so fair is fair. Your posts need to be included in the discussion, but in terms of hand regs being valuable at all, I think most people will tell you most of these names are reg fee.

•••
hey guys

T(.)X(.)C(.)co

how do we feel about this name?

just sold this for $1,500
deal is complete

:)

i probably could've held out for more money at a later date, but renewals'll make us do some crazy things sometimes and this certainly helps that fight.

this was a private call - no sedo - no flipping

•••
I like SurvivalTraining.co

I'd give you double what you paid for it if you wanted a quick flip.

Oh and nice sale 3ddomainnames

•••
Back