IT.COM

discuss .co registry premium

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Is .co is the worst of the lot in assigning registry premium?
Did they change recently.

Any decent word with more than a certain number of related domains registered get automatically reg premiumed it seems

Any half decent .co that I shortlist I know will be registry premium. I think it is getting worse these past few months

I don't it will bode well for .co

.co is a great domain name. It is single syllable, and sounds like .com and has the potential to the second best TLD after .com, but this reg premium is a bit if a stretch.

Any random LLLL is a reg premium
Any word that makes some sense, even if it would be worthless even for a .net .org is now a reg premium

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
roseinhein.png
From angle is this a registry premium.
A German town with 60K population

•••
At 2.99 I would have bought.

Pitchers.png

•••
I noticed that many of mine are now premium. I never noticed before so must be a recent change this year. Similarly 2 are German words if they are expanding languages for premium.

•••
Looks like evrything is premium except some junk

•••
Definitely most keywords and cities off limits at that price.

•••
Many of .co domains can be bought cheaper before they drop than after. :xf.rolleyes:
Same goes for .tv and .me, not to mention nTLDs...

Last edited:
•••
Totally. Look at LLL.co
You need to pay 1000 to register

•••
I don't have any "premium"
I noticed that many of mine are now premium. I never noticed before so must be a recent change this year. Similarly 2 are German words if they are expanding languages for premium.
Are you referring to domains you bought as standard and had that change while being registered?

Last edited:
•••
I don't have any "premium"

Are you referring to domains you bought as standard and had that change while being registered?
maybe he dropped it. Lots of Deleted ones are premium

•••
usury.png

Look at this, Usury is 360
Usuries was in the deleted domains list last week

Last edited:
•••
•••
I had a little bit of success a couple years ago with dot co when I was able to get decent names for like three or four bucks a piece. So I recently decided I'd give dot co another shot,,, until I became aware of the premium pricing. This will just drive my capital elsewhere. The premium's aren't justified and will deter speculation and investment away from the dot co market. I hope the markets where I have been positioning while few people have been looking will capture the deterred dot co demand. I also hope to pick up the dot co pieces after the extension falters.

*fingers crossed*

•••
How does it work, if you have a domain and it turns premium is your renewal higher?

•••
How does it work, if you have a domain and it turns premium is your renewal higher?
It doesn't turn a premium like that. When a normal domain drops, if it meets some criteria, it becomes a premium. renewal is still the same for all domains names, premium or not

•••
Had anyone found .co registry premium criteria on which they decide that a particular domain will be premium or not?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back