Dynadot

discuss .Co pricing strategy: Your views?

NameSilo
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
I happened to buy a couple of 100 .CO domain names which I believe are decent. Includes names like Scara.co and similar pronounceable names.

What is the sweet point of sale in .CO mostly?

I wish to bank on numbers and considering that I invested like $400 only, a single sale would recover the cost. Looking for recommendations on pricing strategy for .CO.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I wouldn't invest in .co unless i could get heavy weight keywords. With dot com net and org taken would be my requirement. I would be to afraid to invest in .co brandables as wouldn't know my target audience. This is just a personal choice as I have never been one to really sell brandables.

•••
LLL.co transfer/renewal price has risen. We waited for a drop price of .co, but we got increase.

Thanks for the update. I just checked with my registrar (Uniregistry) and they've increase the price for both LLL as well as every other .CO domains in my account. That's not a good move by registry to push up the price due to which registrars are forced to adjust pricing.

•••
Thanks for the update. I just checked with my registrar (Uniregistry) and they've increase the price for both LLL as well as every other .CO domains in my account. That's not a good move by registry to push up the price due to which registrars are forced to adjust pricing.

u mean they have increased renewal costs for all your .co names?

I read .co is not increasing renewal/transfer costs for prem and nonprem names. so I do not believe registrars are "forced" to adjust prices.. as yuou say.

•••
u mean they have increased renewal costs for all your .co names?

I read .co is not increasing renewal/transfer costs for prem and nonprem names. so I do not believe registrars are "forced" to adjust prices.. as yuou say.

I don't assume it's a co-incidence on increase of prices so definitely it's from registry which has pushed Uniregistry if not all registrars to change their pricing. All my .CO renewals have been increased by few $$ p/domain!

•••
I don't assume it's a co-incidence on increase of prices so definitely it's from registry which has pushed Uniregistry if not all registrars to change their pricing. All my .CO renewals have been increased by few $$ p/domain!

I see.

not a .co-incidence huh? ;)

however, all other people and all articles we read or I read.. clearly say .co registry is NOT increasing renewals and transfers fees at all. this has also been confirmed by some registrar support people here.

•••
I see.

not a .co-incidence huh? ;)

however, all other people and all articles we read or I read.. clearly say .co registry is NOT increasing renewals and transfers fees at all. this has also been confirmed by some registrar support people here.

So how come some if not all registrars increased the prices for transfers/renewals simultaneously...:xf.rolleyes:

•••
So how come some if not all registrars increased the prices for transfers/renewals simultaneously...:xf.rolleyes:

or put differently... if its an increase from .co then how come some registrars did not increase it..which is true

•••
or put differently... if its an increase from .co then how come some registrars did not increase it..which is true

If it's not increased by all registrars, then surely what a co-incidence that few registrars increased and that too in near by timings. Strange!

•••
Have about 2000 .co names priced 2000 to 3000 each it's been 2 months and 0 sales till now

•••
Have about 2000 .co names priced 2000 to 3000 each it's been 2 months and 0 sales till now
I suppose $6k-$8k investment.
You may try lowering it to below $1000, recovering some of the investment and then pricing it again at $2,000 for profits.

•••
I have many offers in range 100-500usd for LLL premium names, but i rejected all. One company with 50B market cap offered 300usd, it was their max offer, because they have limited budget...

•••
I suppose $6k-$8k investment.
You may try lowering it to below $1000, recovering some of the investment and then pricing it again at $2,000 for profits.

No got it in promo so around 2500 investment ...just noticed afternic fast transfer was not opted in so just opted for 1000 names another 1000 are in porkbun which don't have fast transfer ....1 sale should cover my investment ...

1000 is a good idea...I have all my landing pages at make offer do you think bin is better?

Last edited:
•••
•••
It's Uni raising prices.

https://onlinedomain.com/2018/10/08...se-on-domain-name-registrations-and-renewals/

Other registrars have the same price for .CO renewals.

You should talk with @Slanted and @Rob Monster at Epik. They have good .CO pricing with a domainers discount.

•••
It's Uni raising prices.

https://onlinedomain.com/2018/10/08...se-on-domain-name-registrations-and-renewals/

Other registrars have the same price for .CO renewals.

You should talk with @Slanted and @Rob Monster at Epik. They have good .CO pricing with a domainers discount.

I talked with Uniregistry last week and they said all domains which are now marked as premium by .CO registry have got the price increase automatically so as their prices changed accordingly. So after putting all my domains in cart for renewals just to see the price changes, I can see almost all names are set to premium by .CO registry most probably just to take away more money from registrants. Very bad strategy.

•••
I talked with Uniregistry last week and they said all domains which are now marked as premium by .CO registry have got the price increase automatically so as their prices changed accordingly. So after putting all my domains in cart for renewals just to see the price changes, I can see almost all names are set to premium by .CO registry most probably just to take away more money from registrants. Very bad strategy.

yeah... its just an excuse some registrars use to get more money out of it.

cause there is nothing really automatic about this.. as .co did not change renew/transfer prices. they made that clear.

uniregistry is just a place most people will transfer away from now with the new ripoff plans etc.

•••
Back