IT.COM

.CN names are now available for registration

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
.CN domains began open registration of names today. Most major registrars have them available, for around $25/yr.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
cn names??? which country is that?

•••
Only the most populated country on earth, China. :)

•••
The problem in regging "English" domains in the .cn namespace is that Chinese people don't speak English and their keyboards are not like ours....it's pointless (at least I think so).

•••
I agree. A lot of speculators got on the wrong boat registering names that are not meaningful to the Chinese population. English will always be a second language there.

People who have done their research would know that domains like 8888.cn or 5189.cn are far more valuable and usable than domains like shoppingmall.cn or photography.cn

•••
Plus many sites/hosts have blocked all traffic from .cn domains since all that seems to come from there is spam....

•••
i saw SARS.cn for sale on ebay :talk:

thats about the only thing .cn would be good for :)

•••
Don't be ridicules guys.

I have a small list of .com domains sold in one Chinese website and bought by Chinese people before .cn was borne.

srilankan.net $2500USD
indiantravelportal.com $1500USD
erebate.com $1500USD
litera.com $1200USD
Xteamlinux.com $1650USD
drugstore.net $3000USD
Xlight.com $8888USD
networkpros.com $1200USD
Ldv.com $8000
Grandway.com $4300
nationalities.org $478
jpk.com $3000
Freebit.com $50000
Yasi.com $5350

The young generation in China (under 30 years age) have quite good English abilities. Most websites in China use English based domain names.

•••
Sorry but I run 5 sites... 3 paid email sites and 2 search sites. ALl the cheaters have been from China and India so far.

Also when I report the spam I get daily 99% is from .cn ISPs...

•••
you obviously do lot of businesses with Chinese customers....
But, my previous message simply means that English based .cn name will be popular in future. BTW, they use exactly the same keyboard as we use.

•••
Originally posted by TopNames.com
The problem in regging "English" domains in the .cn namespace is that Chinese people don't speak English and their keyboards are not like ours....it's pointless (at least I think so).

Agree! IMHO, there is no logic that one in China would type in an ENGLISH domain with a .CN extension ... doesn't make any sense. Perhaps there's potential with registering these types of domains for simple S/E placement, but even that's a stretch, as I see it.
Good Luck.

•••
Originally posted by CoolHost.com
Agree! IMHO, there is no logic that one in China would type in an ENGLISH domain with a .CN extension ... doesn't make any sense. Perhaps there's potential with registering these types of domains for simple S/E placement, but even that's a stretch, as I see it.
Good Luck.

Coolhost,

English based .cn name gone very fast. Most of these names are registered by people in China. I too registered about 10 English .cn names while I was in China. In fact most .cn names being auctioned in Chinese websites are English names.

I am trying to convince everyone here that English .cn name does have high potential.

Cheers

•••
Originally posted by markits
Coolhost,

I am trying to convince everyone here that English .cn name does have high potential.

Cheers

Ok, Good Luck! :)
See you.

•••
Originally posted by TopNames.com

Valid point!

•••
Originally posted by markits
In fact most .cn names being auctioned in Chinese websites are English names.
Cheers

ever thought thats becuase all the people from the non chinesae countries like US UK etc go there to sell them?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back