IT.COM

question (City name+realtors) Is this trademarked?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

FavourB

Established Member
Impact
Is a city name + realtors trademarked?
Example
Laredorealtors.com
Lasvegasrealtors.com

If you have one of these share your experience.
If you have ever sold one of the these share your experience too.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I registered a domain with realtor in it many years ago, not realizing that 'realtor' was a trademark. I almost immediately received an email from them explaining the trademark situation. They don't even allow people who are Realtors to use city + realtors. They're limited to their name or company name followed by realtor or realtors.

•••
I bought this yesterday let me ask for a refund then..
Or what do you think?
I see laredorealtors.com
And lasvegasrealtors.com up for sale?
Could it be the company that owns this too

•••
If realtor is not a dictionary word and if it is a made up name, then yes, it is a trademark. It's just like using fakemicrosoft.com -> the will take actions immediately.

•••
I bought this yesterday let me ask for a refund then..
Or what do you think?
I see laredorealtors.com
And lasvegasrealtors.com up for sale?
Could it be the company that owns this too

I would try to get your money back. Here is a quote from and a link to an article that explains how restrictive the Realtor association is with their name.

“The term REALTOR® may not be used with descriptive words or phrases. For example, Number1realtor.com, numberone-realtor.com, chicagorealtors.org or realtorproperties.com are all incorrect.”

https://www.agentimage.com/blog/use-the-word-realtor-correctly-in-your-domain-and-email-address/

Last edited:
•••
from my point of view i think am safe
i read the article and i understood vividly what the meant.
i have torrancerealtors.com not .org
the said chicagorealtors.org because .org signifies organization and it breaks the rule
but the dind't spot out chicagorealtors.com because it is not a trademark..

•••
from my point of view i think am safe
i read the article and i understood vividly what the meant.
i have torrancerealtors.com not .org
the said chicagorealtors.org because .org signifies organization and it breaks the rule
but the dind't spot out chicagorealtors.com because it is not a trademark..

The chicagorealtors.org mention is just an example. It doesn't matter what the TLD is.

The National Association of Realtors won't allow their trademark to be used in any way, domain or otherwise, by a person or company that isn't a member of The National Association of Realtors.

Even persons or companies that ARE Realtors can’t use a domain like torrancerealtors.com. They are limited to using their name or company name with the term Realtor.

I’ll give you an example of the only acceptable way to use the term realtor or realtors in a domain:

First, you have to be a member of the National Association of Realtors.

Once the first requirement has been established you have two options.

Option one is to user your given name: YourNameRealtor.com

Option two is to use your company name: YourCompanyRealtors.com

Last edited:
•••
well let me see what happens, I have not received any email or threat yet, if i i will delete the name or ask for refund.

•••
Anything with the word realtor is trademarked. Especially when it comes to places or properties.

•••
alright i think i need to drop it right

•••
Yep, get your money back. I let about 20 of those names go when the trademark became active. It's not worth the headache.

•••
Yeah I dropped it,
Just bought scottsdaleautodealers.com
In replace for torrancerealtors

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back