Dynadot

City domains

NameSilo
Watch

lol

Account Closed
Impact
I am curious as to others' opinions on city name valuations. I'm not seeking an appraisal, just an eval of what city names go for in general; given the population, city specs, etc., is there any general guidelines you use for placing a price on such a name?

The reason I'm asking, is that one of my city domains has a suitor and I am not prone to selling my locale names, so I want to know if accepting, say, $250 is too low, or asking $1,000 is too high. Thanks for your input.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't have any past sales to reference so I could only go by what I might pay for my city domain. Talking about .com?

I would consider $750 to $1000 to be a fair price for my city's .com. My town is around 16,000 pop.

Population would be important. Of course Oakland.Com would sell for a whole lot more than $1000. :)

•••
Yes, it would, of course, depend on the city!
Generally, I love City .com's and CityState (State being abbreviated) .com's ... good $$. There is also a very strong market for CityState .org's, as well ... chambers of commerce, City government, tourism, etc.
Your pricing here seems more than reasonable ... in fact, again, depending on the city, perhaps even L-O-W.
Good potential here, IMHO.
Good Luck, man.

•••
The population is well over 30,000 (not a metropolis by any means), and it is a dotcom. I've got a general idea of what I would accept, and I wouldn't lose any sleep if I didn't sell it, either.

•••
We have moved a great deal of city domain names over the years - It always depend on the size of the city, whether it is in the states or not and who owns around the domain name. We sold a .net city name this week for a 36K pop. town in Florida - Price was over $3K - Sold eNewYork.net last week for under $1K - Sold a Lake Tahoe domain last week for over $2K - Sold a .net in Penn this week for over $3K - Got a deal right now we are looking at for a 2+ million pop town on the east coast in a .net for $6K. Really depends on the city and the players. Good Luck.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back