IT.COM

Selling Choose .top domains for your websites and brands?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

.top or .com?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • .top

votes
    5.9%
  • .com

votes
    94.1%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

TOP Registry

Established Member
.TOP Staff
Impact
.top domains’ registration ranks top three among the world's new top-level domains

According to the latest statistics released by the overseas statistics website namestat.org, in the world's new top-level domain name registration list,
.top domain names ranked third on the list with 1,870,539 registrations.
.top domain name will be renewed and become an important force leading the development of global domain names.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@bmugford Renewal for all .TOP premiums is STANDARD.

•••
@bmugford Renewal for all .TOP premiums is STANDARD.

Yep. that is why I said registration and/or renewal fees. The .TOP registry like many other new registries has arbitrarily set aside "premium" terms that are only available for much higher initial registration prices.

Maybe if the registries had not been so greedy the outcome would be different, but at this point .TOP is losing more and more registrations daily with limited actual interest. That is why they are here spamming.

Brad

•••
But they don't lose any premiums...
And most of those drops are real **** without any value.

•••
Maybe .top could solve one problem: spam coming from .top addresses. But maybe keeping the TLD clean is not a priority and way too late ?

•••
Com, no doubt.
I'll never choose a .top domain to rapresent my business.
.top registry took back a domain from me without any reason, without any communication, only "Domain was rerserved".
Me and my parnters have lost a LOT of money.
And, after months, I've discover the same domain took back from me was released to another person (is it no reserved now?????).
I'll never build my web presence (it means invest $ XX.XXX) on extension that can/could destroy my business (aka took back my domain).
Only .com, or eastern extensions.
That's all.

Sorry, I have to ask. You therefore did not get refunded the purchase price?

•••
\

.top as a new top-level domain name was available to register on November 18, 2014.

.top domain name as new gTLD, the English translation is "high-end" and"top", Chinese transliteration is "breakthrough",If the .com domain name that you liked has been registered, why not choose .top domain name? .com and .top both are generic top-level domain names and they both can be used globally.

.top makes no sense to native English speakers as an extension. The "top" needs to be before the thing you are talking about, it is never at the end. Top cars is great, cars top, is confusing.

Last edited:
•••
•••
he is hungry....

Delfi%20Top%20Wafer.JPG

•••
.top makes no sense to native English speakers as an extension. The "top" needs to be before the thing you are talking about, it is never at the end. Top cars is great, cars top, is confusing.

I agree - not much in english ends "top" ---- big.top, spinning.top ... I'm running out now :)

But then a lot of domain names make no sense when compared to natural language - like horses.online, racinggame.cars, racingcars.game etc. The geeky computer code style of the old-TLDs are even worse - that's why we think the future for domain names is natural language phrases.

The website for the Mayor of London is https://www.london.gov.uk/about-us/mayor-london instead of http://Mayor.of.London/ !?!?!?

We felt two words is too short, as there are too few and so they would be too expensive to ever be mass-market. Four words it too long - making three word phrases ideal for readable domain names - like http://Gifts.for.Men/, http://Photos.of.London/, http://Sold.with.Land/ http://Baby.and.Mom/ - and the three word phrase is the cornerstone of the marketing industry.

You can actually extend our three words phrases with more words, if you like, so http://Lets.Make.a.Profit.From.Marketing/ is fine - its clearly too long to use on printed media or to tell people, but works well in emails or social media

Well that's my 2c worth.

•••
Should have released .pot instead, then domainers will buy it :)

•••
Hahaha, I actually think you are (s)pot on on this!

•••
This is not industry news. It is nothing but advertising for .TOP.
Post reported.

Brad

and this sh*t has not been removed yet??
man, what a criteria... no wonder "older guys" are spending less and less time here and content quality has decreased abruptly.

ups. this comment will probably be removed... I noticed that I am making an insinuation against NamePros!
my bad.

but remember, you cannot brake NamePros rules. Except when it is possible. But you never know when...

in this thread and with this OP it should apply:

1.1. Do not spam or engage in self-promotion outside the designated advertising areas, e.g., Advertising Board.

1.8. Do not write or share the same content in multiple places on NamePros; duplicate content is forbidden unless quoted and used within reason.

1.14. Do not make noncontributory posts or artificially inflate your post count ("post pad"):
  • Do not unnecessarily post multiple times in a single discussion in a short period of time, sometimes called instant messaging (instead, take your time before posting so that all relevant content can be grouped together within a minimum amount of posts).
  • Only post comments and questions that are pertinent to the topic and contribute to the discussion.
  • Needlessly short and/or noncontributory posts are not allowed except in select sections like Domain Name Requests, NamePros Blog comments, and Domain Chat.

•••
Oh well ... please go home and ask your wife or your GF, what she prefer: a piece of cardboard (.top) or a piece of Tiramisu (.com). Then come back and let us know.

Anyway I'm out, I hate advertising/trolling threads.

I wish you many sales with your .top names!
Please go home and ask your wife or your GF what she prefer - the untoppable TLD .top or the toppable TLD .com and come back after you realize that I am too smart to fall for your suggestive (and nonsensical) suggestion.

Anyway I'm in, I love serious threads.

I wish you many sales with your .whatever names!

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

Last edited:
•••
I have no problem with .top, but it is an absolute fact that the same keyword(s) is at least 100 times more valuable with .com, than .top.

You'll just have to compare prior similar sales to get this confirmed.

I prefer the same keyword in .top because it is at least 1000+ times more valuable than in .com

Last edited:
•••
42.com and 2.top looks like a majority

-30,000 more dropped.top names today. xyz is up 6,700

.top is gonna flop cause their little bubble is going to pop

ByeBye.top
Believe it or not, sometimes it's the name what counts - not the numbers.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Anything else would have been absurd. Like I mentioned before, I have nothing against new gTLDs, but .com is the obvious king.
Yes, ".com is (the obvious) king", I agree.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Should have released .pot instead, then domainers will buy it :)
I would buy .pot, but only to use it for showing the fact that it is the "reverse version" of .top.
In other words,
"top is the opposite of pot" or "some smoke pot, others focus the top".
.pot would be a "high TLD" just in a "low sense" (getting high with smoke or any other substances is not recommended, it's not real) - but .top is "the highest TLD in the highest sense".

Last edited:
•••
Only in a fantasy world. Not in the real world.

Brad
If someone really thinks that keyword .com has more value than keyword .top it doesn't matter how you call the world, it's simply his world.

Last edited:
•••
If someone really thinks that keyword .com has more value than keyword .top it doesn't matter how you call the world, it's simply his world.

.COM does have more value. The sales reflect that.

Best of luck. Unfortunately theoretical sales don't pay the bills, actual sales do.

Brad

•••
The poll result pretty much says it all. But just try a comparison:

- Beer.com was sold for $7,000,000 in 2004.
- Beer.top was sold for $5,700 in 2015.

That is more than 1000 times the price, even though it was sold ten years before! Just a random example. Actually the first one I checked out ;)

Last edited:
•••
.COM does have more value. The sales reflect that.

Best of luck. Unfortunately theoretical sales don't pay the bills, actual sales do.

Brad
.top has more value. The name refelct that.

Thanks, best luck too.
Theoretical (mega) sales can turn into practical (mega) sales.

The poll result pretty much says it all. But just try a comparison:

- Beer.com was sold for $7,000,000 in 2004.
- Beer.top was sold for $5,700 in 2015.

That is more than 1000 times the price, even though it was sold ten years before! Just a random example. Actually the first one I checked out ;)
There is a logical explanation for that.
The beer.com buyer simply paid wayyy too much while the beer.top seller simply sold it wayyy to less.
But as these domains were not mine, it's not my problem.

Last edited:
•••
•••
There are other domainers than you.
Sure, but I can only try to explain that .top is the top TLD.
It's not my fault if people don't want understand that.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back