Dynadot

Selling Choose .top domains for your websites and brands?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

.top or .com?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • .top

votes
    5.9%
  • .com

votes
    94.1%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

TOP Registry

Established Member
.TOP Staff
Impact
.top domains’ registration ranks top three among the world's new top-level domains

According to the latest statistics released by the overseas statistics website namestat.org, in the world's new top-level domain name registration list,
.top domain names ranked third on the list with 1,870,539 registrations.
.top domain name will be renewed and become an important force leading the development of global domain names.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Com, no doubt.
I'll never choose a .top domain to rapresent my business.
.top registry took back a domain from me without any reason, without any communication, only "Domain was rerserved".
Me and my parnters have lost a LOT of money.
And, after months, I've discover the same domain took back from me was released to another person (is it no reserved now?????).
I'll never build my web presence (it means invest $ XX.XXX) on extension that can/could destroy my business (aka took back my domain).
Only .com, or eastern extensions.
That's all.

Last edited:
•••
1) This is not industry news, merely a post about where .top currently ranks at namestat. This can change by the month, so what's the point?

2) Another valid response by user mpls:
.top registry took back a domain from me without any reason, without any communication, only "Domain was rerserved".
Me and my parnters have lost a LOT of money.
And, after months, I've discover the same domain took back from me was released to another person (is it no reserved now?????).
So, what say you to this, registrar?

I mean, you have to admit, this business of domain name theft by the registries will not be tolerated by the registrants. There was another thread elsewhere made by the .CLUB registry along the lines of "If you prick us, do we not bleed" where a user pointed out the volatile pricing and other deficiencies, unfortunately the registry has yet to own up. Will you?

•••
.top -37,000 reg today even that is not news

I remember your talking about the name the .top registry took back from you, @mpls in the past.

Love to know the name, and explanation from @TOP Registry

•••

where a user pointed out the volatile pricing and other deficiencies, unfortunately the registry has yet to own up. Will you?

And this is the most unprofessional beahviour a company can do.

Maybe, they forgot, their best customers are here.

They have/had to be here 24/7 to reply (honestly) to their customers.

When a company disappear... I don't know, sounds so shady....

•••
1 of my parked .TOPs - was suspended (serverHOLD)... without any reason and without any notification.
Thanks to AlpNames - it was reactivated again...

Last edited:
•••
My experience of newGTLD registries is that they are not as professionally run as Verisign.

1) Prices offered, then withdrawn
2) domain sold & delegated, then pulled back
3) virtually random pricing policy

•••
Maybe, they forgot, their best customers are here.

Domain investors are the icing on the cake - the bread & butter is end-users.

Without end-user demand, investors will (understandably) show little or no interest.

FYI: I was CTO at dot-IO for 10 yrs, so I speak from that specific experience.

•••
Domain investors are the icing on the cake - the bread & butter is end-users.

Without end-user demand, investors will (understandably) show little or no interest.

FYI: I was CTO at dot-IO for 10 yrs, so I speak from that specific experience.

Sure, no doubt about this for a trusted extension like .IO
But .top (this discussion) with 1,870,539 registrations their best customers are (only) domainers.
How many legits and companies .top websites in Alexa 1 million?

•••
•••
This is not industry news. It is nothing but advertising for .TOP.
Post reported.

Brad

•••
•••
.top is the answer, I am not impressed bye bye .com

Last edited:
•••
"We" don't see any value in .top domains. Just to quote an "expert" of this business.

•••
This is not industry news. It is nothing but advertising for .TOP
My thoughts exactly when I was reviewing new topics. Nothing wrong with advertising, but, if .TOP registry is considering their product as a serious and useful one, what prevents them from ordering advertising campaign right on this forum? Such as banners, paid sticky posts, etc? As a member, I would only appreciate some "fresh air" in ads shown, as they are pretty much the same for a long time. This suggestion does not mean that I like (or dislike) this particular new gtld, but any advertising campaign should always be clearly marked and presented as such. imho.

Last edited:
•••
"We" don't see any value in .top domains. Just to quote an "expert" of this business.
Thanks for letting us knowww
It's part of this industry that some can't seee what others can seee

Last edited:
•••
Sure, no doubt about this for a trusted extension like .IO
But .top (this discussion) with 1,870,539 registrations their best customers are (only) domainers.
How many legits and companies .top websites in Alexa 1 million?

I asked the female .top registry OP multiple times to answer the question.

They refuse. Bad PR.

They come here to troll domainers posting nonsense daily because they have few western end users. Xdrftgg.top, and gguybi.top and eertdgv.top and other stupid names are the only ones that rank.

•••
Thanks for letting us knowww
It's part of this industry that some can't seee what others can seee

Oh well ... please go home and ask your wife or your GF, what she prefer: a piece of cardboard (.top) or a piece of Tiramisu (.com). Then come back and let us know.

Anyway I'm out, I hate advertising/trolling threads.

I wish you many sales with your .top names!

•••
•••
•••
•••
It would be interesting to see opposite examples, .top as a main site with .com forwarded to .top :~)

•••
It would be interesting to see opposite examples, .top as a main site with .com forwarded to .top :~)
Try it with my username ;)

•••
Domain investors are the icing on the cake - the bread & butter is end-users.[/QUOT

I beg to differ - given the name of the registry, they are the topping on the cake :)

Last edited:
•••
Well moderators removed the evidence posted about how bad the TOP extension is full of garbage. Garbage names, illegal activities. Other posts keep being removed. I will post it elsewhere on the net and it will be indexed. OP is only advertising, why not buy an advertisement?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back