Dynadot

Childhood.com -- Six figure domain name allowed to expire, go up for auction

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A lot of folks simply don't have any sense that a domain might be valuable.

•••
yeah that just makes me sick to my stomach. imagine being able to throw a few hundred or thousand at the registered owner before this hit the auction block (deleted). ugghhhhhh

•••
The domain has not yet expired. Although I just tried calling the owner and it's the wrong number. They could still renew it if they wanted to.

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

I should correct myself. It has expired but can be renewed.

•••
Alot of people own these domains for a number of years and they simply just forget or perhaps he died??

•••
A quick search shows that the name was expired this time last year as well. It was obviously renewed and it was under the same ownership. Maybe he will do the same thing again.

•••
You know what I say, any publicity is good publicity. This is a great way to publicise your domain without spending a dime on it. Without a doubt he will renew it, same as last year. Its just very clever marketing from a very shrewd businessman :D.

•••
nothing about that story was unbelievable...

i will chalk it up to karma brought the domain back to life..

hopeful somebody use the domain for something positive

i would like to see all short names domains being used and not cybersquatted or typosquatted..(this is for the standpoint of a developer)

•••
Funny thing is that the guy who answered said, man there have been a ton of calls lately from people who are asking for this person, lol. The domain vultures in action!

•••
I'm a little confused the Whois says this...
Expiration Date: 2012-01-18
Creation Date: 1996-01-17
Last Update Date: 2011-01-24

It's not expiring?
Also how did you get the number?

•••
I'm a little confused the Whois says this...
Expiration Date: 2012-01-18
Creation Date: 1996-01-17
Last Update Date: 2011-01-24

It's not expiring?
Also how did you get the number?

Look at the very bottom of the Whois and you will see it expired 2011.

How did I get the number? Magic, :hehe:

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Ok what the heck. Try domaintools...but it's going to cost you a monthly membership fee!

•••
•••
•••
I was ranting about zicman who thinks he added to the discussion by adding a symbol (that's pretty spammy)
Also what is OP?

•••
I was ranting about zicman who thinks he added to the discussion by adding a symbol (that's pretty spammy)
Also what is OP?

The symbol was simply showing support of the quoted post.

OP = original post/poster :)

•••
1 heck of a spammy and unneeded post, moderator please ?

r u serious? spammy? please tell me how that is spam when i'm agreeing with the quoted post?

grow up....

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

The symbol was simply showing support of the quoted post.

OP = original post/poster :)

Exactly. Thanks for the clarification.

•••
I hand-reg adulthood dot info a few weeks back for $1.17 seems to be a lack of interest in this similar niche.

•••
six figures? Ha..not in this economy..

•••
i also want to share the info about the domain motorworld.com(1995 registered PR 3) which had expired at godaddy recently and subsequently placed into the auction queue and people are crazy for this name and bids are increasing every hour and there are still 7 days to go but guess what happens next day original owner renewed the domain
So yea i also think it is just publicity

•••
Domain Name: CHILDHOOD.COM
Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
Referral URL: http://www.networksolutions.com
Name Server: NS1.LAMEDELEGATION.NET
Name Server: NS2.LAMEDELEGATION.NET
Updated Date: 04-feb-2011
Creation Date: 17-jan-1996
Expiration Date: 18-jan-2021

As suspected, just making a bit of drama and hype.

•••
•••
Domain Name: CHILDHOOD.COM
Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
Referral URL: http://www.networksolutions.com
Name Server: NS1.LAMEDELEGATION.NET
Name Server: NS2.LAMEDELEGATION.NET
Updated Date: 04-feb-2011
Creation Date: 17-jan-1996
Expiration Date: 18-jan-2021

As suspected, just making a bit of drama and hype.

Hahaha... wait for next 10 years.

•••
Back