IT.COM

sales ChicagoPizza.com Sold for $9,400 USD – What's your thoughts?

NameSilo
Watch

Robbie

RobbiesBlog.comTop Member
Impact
The domain name ChicagoPizza.com sold on GoDaddy yesterday for $9,400 USD, What are your thoughts on this domain name?

The domain name was registered back in 1998 and didn’t resolve for many years according to Achrive.org historical records, It was then parked at GoDaddy CashParking for a number of years and now has dropped and been auctioned on GoDaddy for $9,400 USD.

What is Chicago Pizza or Chicago Style Pizza – I do love myself a slice of deep-dish pizza – Do you?

Chicago-style pizza is pizza prepared according to several different styles developed in Chicago. The most famous is the deep-dish pizza. The pan in which it is baked gives the pizza its characteristically high edge which provides ample space for large amounts of cheese and a chunky tomato sauce. Chicago-style pizza may be prepared in deep-dish style and as a stuffed pizza

The domain name ChicagoStylePizza.com is already taken too before anyone heads on over to check it out, registered back in 1997 owned by The Malnati Organization

So what do you think was $9,400 USD a good buy?

I think it was and there are a number of companies who could take advantage of this great name, it will be interesting to see who acquired on GoDaddy Auctions, I suspect a domain name investor not an end-user but we will know in due course – Congrats to the buyer, I think you got a great name with nice opportunity in for future resale.

Ever wanted to know what domain names Domino Pizza Owns you can check out the full list here.

http://robbiesblog.com/chicagopizza-com-sold-for-9400-usd-whats-your-thoughts/8543

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi

Expired Domain Deletion Policy - ICANN

if, you understand the policy, and if gd is aligned with it, then....
when you bid there, you are subject to any extenuating circumstances, of such.

just saying...

imo....

Last edited:
•••
Effectively priming netizens to enter a possible environment prone/likely to incubate an addiction or the hardships that tend to follow absent of necessary/proper/visible warnings/disclaimers.

Are you trying to suggest I shouldn't have been making all of my important life decisions on the basis of what I was told by this guy?

Zoltar-Fortune-Teller-Machine-at-Joystix.jpg

Last edited:
•••
I'm not a lawyer or anything, so this is beyond my expertise. It just seems to me that GoDaddy is begging for a class action lawsuit from domain registrants for creating/incubating an irresponsible investing atmosphere/practice lacking proper disclaimers and fueling the unregulated fire through aggressive marketing and a subsequent callous disregard to registrants time, money, and mental health. Effectively priming netizens to enter a possible environment prone/likely to incubate an addiction or the hardships that tend to follow absent of necessary/proper/visible warnings/disclaimers.

Are you trying to suggest I shouldn't have been making all of my important life decisions on the basis of what I was told by this guy?

Zoltar-Fortune-Teller-Machine-at-Joystix.jpg

Even the great Zoltar offers a disclaimer.

upload_2021-3-22_13-51-30.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
Update:
  1. Domain didn't sell for $9.4k; auction cancelled, domain renewed.
  2. Buyer tweeted a $100,000 offer for ChicagoPizza.com after GD cancelled his $9.4k order.
  3. Still to be determined.

Not sure what ever came from this, but some of the tweets I cited earlier in this thread had been deleted from twitter.

For archival purposes, anybody who was following along, can see some those deleted tweets on Archive.org HERE

upload_2021-6-5_18-57-3.png

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back