Dynadot

showcase CheckDomainName.io - Check Domain Name Availability

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Aidan Gignac

Established Member
Impact
Hello,

I have recently created a site for users to check domain name availability. I would appreciate to hear if anyone finds this site useful in anyway or has general feedback to improve the site. It is in an early stage I will say but I think this site still functions well.

https://checkdomainname.io/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why would any NP member here hand you their search data for free?

As in, what would make you that trustworthy, in a world where even main registrars gorge themselves on user's searches?

This is the first question that comes in mind - and it needs a proper answer if you want it to have any success.

•••
I see what you are saying. In all honesty, I am providing a tool for users to search for their next great domain. To answer your question directly, I do not have any interest as a soul person to farm data. I am hoping users will find a new domain they like with my tool and take up on my affiliate links. You have a valid concern, no doubt. The most I am hoping for is to make affiliate revenue. I hope you understand.

•••
I personally do understand, but you need to be aware that you haven't replied to the question. Not to me, but to any potental user.

I also have a ton of tech and could be offering way more than this. I can't offer anything due to inherent trust issues, regardless of my good intentions.

Unfortunately, you can't prove you're not collecting the domain searches. This makes the whole thing moot.

Good luck anyway

•••
I personally do understand, but you need to be aware that you haven't replied to the question. Not to me, but to any potental user.

I also have a ton of tech and could be offering way more than this. I can't offer anything due to inherent trust issues, regardless of my good intentions.

Unfortunately, you can't prove you're not collecting the domain searches. This makes the whole thing moot.

Good luck anyway
What can garner more trust? Maybe put users search queries through encryption methods? Obfuscate them in logs? I feel that way could work.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back