Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

poweredbyme

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It would be nice if we could see same samples of your work so that we can see what you mean by your description of "simple".

Another thing. It seems you only accept BTC. Not everybody has BTC. Most people have PayPal.

•••
I agree with stub. Sounds like a great gig and price, but some examples would be nice. Also, regarding BTC, is PayPal a possibility? I'm interested in your services but samples and PayPal would be the deciding factors.

•••
cancelled

Last edited:
•••
We need to see samples of your work. We also need a payment option more than just BTC. PayPal preferred. It's not clear whether these pages are hosted on your website, or are hosted on our websites. If they are hosted on your website, then we need an option where they are hosted on our websites. We also need to know if the simple DFS website is too simple, then how much does it cost to get a bespoke page. But this comes back to seeing your sample pages, first. Which to date, we haven't seen.

•••
cancelled

Last edited:
•••
@poweredbyme - OK. It seems we must use your hosting. Also I don't like your landing page. And your plans & pricing with PayPal seems to be mind-bogglingly complicated. I don't think your service is for me. Thank you for your time. I wish you every success with this venture.

•••
cancelled

Last edited:
•••
@poweredbyme - I don't 100% agree with your assumption that domain buyers don't care about what a landing pages looks like. Some have that opinion, for sure. But I think a polished landing page creates a professional impression on a buyer and maybe helps to support your asking price.

I understand what you are saying about all the problems with webhosts etc. I've been thru all those problems too. But I now have a webhost, which I never want to move from. There not cheap at $28/month for a VPS. But all those old problems with my webhosts are far behind me, nowadays. Sometimes it's true. You pay for what you get :)

•••
cancelled

Last edited:
•••
@poweredbyme - Where did I even mention "fancy eye-catching design"? There is a lot of difference between that and a quality designed page, where simplicity is a key element. I would say your landing page you referenced in the services section here on NP's is definitely not a good example of a quality landing page, IMHO. If a domain is for sale at a fixed price, I think it's "reasonable" to justify the price with a few words of marketing. I think @James Iles was referring to Make Offer Landing Pages, not Fixed Price Landing Pages. However, I agree with James that including stats or data are unnecessary.

Not everyone has spent the last 15 years of their life learning the craft of Web Hosting, like you. Again I never stated that quality hosting would bring success. What I said was I am satisfied with my webhosting for the first time in my life, because the hassle of support is taken out of the equation. It is possible, to pay for quality support. The price is about what I pay for my complete VPS. But you will never know if it's marketing spiel from the webhost, or not, until after you have signed up and tried to use their support. There are a lot, maybe even a majority, of cheap web hosting, are just that, cheap, and without quality. Cheap and quality are not naturally synonymous in webhosting. I've used them for the last 15 years of my life. Shared hosting is cheap hosting, and generally not quality hosting. I really do not want my hosting to be affected by what others do on the shared host. I expect only what I do on my hosting to effect the quality of my hosting. Which is why my minimum requirement is VPS hosting, with quality support. I get what I pay for. I am 100% satisfied with my hosting for the first and only time in my life. It's paid for, by a small fraction of 1 domain sale each year.

Last edited:
•••
cancelled

Last edited:
•••
@poweredbyme - I'm not clear what you are telling me about this table. Is this the timing of connections from these places to your landing pages?

I'm not looking for hosting. I'm looking for somebody to design me a unique landing page, to my specifications, to be hosted by myself. Which is proving difficult to find any developer to express an interest to do this. Pretty much all the landing pages for sale on themeforest etc, are not to a specification of quality that I would like. IMHO. However, they would be acceptable for most uses.

•••
cancelled

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back