IT.COM

ChatGPT powered domain search

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

foobaz

Established Member
Impact
Hello!

I have no idea about anything and am still learning but implemented a ChatGPT powered domain search :). It uses the OpenAI API quite a bit so it actually costs me some money. But I want you to challenge me. Give me some criteria and I'll list here free domains for grab based on that criteria.

Test me :giggle:

Cheers

foobaz

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For me it's fun looking for domains like this. But no one is requesting me for domain lists soo. Yeahh haha. The feedback was good but it seems that at least for domainers a ChatGPT based domain search is not how they say a "product market fit". If there is something I can do to be useful let me know.

Cheers

The foobaz

•••
For me it's fun looking for domains like this. But no one is requesting me for domain lists soo. Yeahh haha. The feedback was good but it seems that at least for domainers a ChatGPT based domain search is not how they say a "product market fit". If there is something I can do to be useful let me know.

Cheers

The foobaz
I was just interested in the quality of the results, and tbh they worry me. They are not great and am still satisfied at least with what my own mind produces, but still I think what you showed, and if AI grows smarter, chatgpt could be a force to be reckoned aftermarket vs fresh for buyers. Quite a bit of pick and choose on the sample selection that could be "good enough" for them.

Name generators have been around for a while and have never been something I would consider using as I enjoy the creative exercise and satisfaction of producing the name. Something like this, the results you are producing, could possibly be useful for a different approach to the hunt. The .net in the travel results was surprising and the domain was the best of the bunch. So the search doesn't necessarily discriminate extensions, but a subtle read into "the best ones are taken" with that .net showing up.

•••
Hello HotKey,

thanks for the insightful response!

I see, so basically it's not good enough to be useful. ChatGPT just announced the next version, GPT-4. In their release page they promise quite a lot: openai.com/research/gpt-4 . I signed up for the waitlist to have early access to the GPT4 API. When I have it I'll try again :xf.cool:

When ChatGPT was released they more or less silently released it with no big promises, so let's see how it goes now that they are actually making promises of quite substantial improvements. Impressive what computers can do nowadays.

Cheers

Last edited:
•••
Back