Dynadot

news Car.xyz resold again

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Kainazarov

Established Member
Impact
Screenshot_20220324-104002.png

The owner of an ultra premium domain , bought the domain at a sedo auction. And puts it up for sale again, I hope that the domain will be sold for a good price, not lower than the recently sold capital xyz. Because the car xyz domain is no worse, and somewhere even better

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
https://namebio.com/car.xyz at 5000 USD
The prev. owner acquire it with 3550 USD
carxyz.png

I told him in a private convo that can't do better
So basic made a little profit or non ( Sedo 15% or even 20% in fee )
Better to him that sold

Now , the new owner must wait to sell it at xxxxx or even xxxxxx ( low )

Last edited:
•••
I was under the impression that anything .xyz sold for megabucks?

•••

it does..but yer name gotta be swetha..else it's no go.

•••
It has a $1k renewal I think

•••
well enduser non domainer buyers don't often known about renew cost

still with so.many often poor quality 1word xyz selling for 4 to 5 fig... even if only for one person in universe..a name like car which is top notch compared to algo fortress or other low end 1word stuff..
car should fetch way more
...so something weird going here

•••
still with so.many often poor quality 1word xyz selling for 4 to 5 fig... even if only for one person in universe..a name like car which is top notch compared to algo fortress or other low end 1word stuff..
car should fetch way more
...so something weird going here

I disagree with you on that. I don't think 'car' is a top notch keyword for the extension. Good keyword nonetheless. It has value but I wouldn't pay premium for it.

•••
I disagree with you on that. I don't think 'car' is a top notch keyword for the extension. Good keyword nonetheless. It has value but I wouldn't pay premium for it.

well if u wouldn't pay prem for it then I can only imagine the peanuts u would pay for most names that sell 4 and 5fig in xyz these days

•••

This is why I often say xyz is inflated in price, because all these high ticket sales are misleading domainers into thinking xyz is the next gold rush. When in fact, it's not.

You see, when people were acquiring XYZ nobody thought anything about it. That's why it's bringing huge ROI now. I actually registered the last 2 single word xyz domains that were available for $1 and both were plural. I dropped them because they aren't anything special, and this was a few years ago.

Now everyone is focused on XYZ, and meanwhile there is a golden egg laying in the wait that no one cares about it. .... until it blows up. Then it will be too late.

Everyone is always thinking "I wish I could have invested in this or that" . Always wondering about what if.

The truth is, there is money to be made RIGHT NOW, and smart investments RIGHT NOW, but it's not going to be after the asset has pumped or already gaining popularity. That's when you SELL not BUY.

Now there's always someone who says "Well what about this person over here, they bought WhateverDomain.xyz 2 months ago and just sold for 1 million dollars."

Yeah, that's one person out of many thousands or millions of domains. Odds not in your favor.

Last edited:
•••
This is why I often say xyz is inflated in price, because all these high ticket sales are misleading domainers into thinking xyz is the next gold rush. When in fact, it's not.

You see, when people were acquiring XYZ nobody thought anything about it. That's why it's bringing huge ROI now. I actually registered the last 2 single word xyz domains that were available for $1 and both were plural. I dropped them because they aren't anything special, and this was a few years ago.

Now everyone is focused on XYZ, and meanwhile there is a golden egg laying in the wait that no one cares about it. .... until it blows up. Then it will be too late.

Everyone is always thinking "I wish I could have invested in this or that" . Always wondering about what if.

The truth is, there is money to be made RIGHT NOW, and smart investments RIGHT NOW, but it's not going to be after the asset has pumped or already gaining popularity. That's when you SELL not BUY.

Now there's always someone who says "Well what about this person over here, they bought WhateverDomain.xyz 2 months ago and just sold for 1 million dollars."

Yeah, that's one person out of many thousands or millions of domains. Odds not in your favor.
This is what I cannot get my head around all .xyz:

Digi
Loan
Airport
Note
Menu
Orchard
UR
Foundation
Hospital
Latino
Photography

Just some of the .xyz sales this month highest price $3556!

•••
This is what I cannot get my head around all .xyz:

Digi
Loan
Airport
Note
Menu
Orchard
UR
Foundation
Hospital
Latino
Photography

Just some of the .xyz sales this month highest price $3556!

Well if they undersold then that just means less available now. Note.xyz and Foundation.xyz probably the best on there that might've undersold. Digi is also pretty good. Digital.xyz would not have sold that cheap.

•••
well if u wouldn't pay prem for it then I can only imagine the peanuts u would pay for most names that sell 4 and 5fig in xyz these days

Not much. Reg fee probably. I really don't like the extension. Never did, never will. That's just personal preference though. I don't invest in extensions I don't like (bar some small gambles), extensions I would never develop on.

That doesn't mean there's not an opportunity in xyz or money to be made, it's just not for me. I'm sure car xyz could (and probably will) fetch a decent amount, some meta thing maybe.

There are niches embracing xyz. I say, good for them. If you can secure your keyword in an extension you like and have the funds for I'd say, go for it.

The more sales the better. Keep the money flowing. High xyz sales only push the value of gTLDS and some cctlds. Filling the pockets of domainers means more money to spend, increasing the aftermarket (and wholesale) sales volume.

Doesn't matter whether you like the xyz or not, it's good for business from either perspective.

In retrospect, I can't say I regret 'missing the xyz train'. I would never have boarded anyway. Would it have been nice to be on it with the knowledge we have today? Sure.

Those making good XYZ sales today had enough trust and willingness to invest in the tld years ago. That's paying off for some. I can only be happy for people when they succeed following their passion.

•••
Not much. Reg fee probably. I really don't like the extension. Never did, never will. That's just personal preference though. I don't invest in extensions I don't like (bar some small gambles), extensions I would never develop on.

That doesn't mean there's not an opportunity in xyz or money to be made, it's just not for me. I'm sure car xyz could (and probably will) fetch a decent amount, some meta thing maybe.

There are niches embracing xyz. I say, good for them. If you can secure your keyword in an extension you like and have the funds for I'd say, go for it.

The more sales the better. Keep the money flowing. High xyz sales only push the value of gTLDS and some cctlds. Filling the pockets of domainers means more money to spend, increasing the aftermarket (and wholesale) sales volume.

Doesn't matter whether you like the xyz or not, it's good for business from either perspective.

In retrospect, I can't say I regret 'missing the xyz train'. I would never have boarded anyway. Would it have been nice to be on it with the knowledge we have today? Sure.

Those making good XYZ sales today had enough trust and willingness to invest in the tld years ago. That's paying off for some. I can only be happy for people when they succeed following their passion.

well it's a.one woman show.99% time..so lets not be too hard on ourselves ;)

•••
https://namebio.com/car.xyz at 5000 USD
The prev. owner acquire it with 3550 USD
Show attachment 212682
I told him in a private convo that can't do better
So basic made a little profit or non ( Sedo 15% or even 20% in fee )
Better to him that sold

Now , the new owner must wait to sell it at xxxxx or even xxxxxx ( low )
You bought it?

I, like many others I assume, have received numerous spam DMs about car.xyz over the past 2 months from brand new user accounts here on namepros.

I just assume that any news about this domain is spam too.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back