IT.COM

discuss Car.xyz at $3550; It was a steal deal

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Based on the recent domain sale of Car.xyz, I think someone got a steal deal.

https://namebio.com/?s==ITO0cjM3UzM

It surely is a reseller priced sale, given how .xyz have been selling these days.
The seller really missed out on this one. One of the lessons that we all should learn here - Reprice your domain name as per the market.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Steal for the buyer or seller? :unsure:

Buyer will actually have to pay $1250 in renewal fees (Premium) every single year he owns it.

Legacy generic one-word .xyz domains with $9 renewal fees are definitely gems. Not sure about this one...

Last edited:
•••
unless yer name is.swetha the poor reseller who bought it and fell for xyz hype...u will never sell it for 5fig

everyone on earth is clueless about xyz except swetha.

•••
A member of the community uploaded it in the appraisal section the other day. Yeah, not keen on the renewals (ouch)

•••
everyone on earth is clueless about xyz except swetha.
Again, doesn't this person own like 20k+ .xyz's? Not sure how much strategy it takes to register every keyword that you can think of? It's simply a numbers game, nothing more.

•••
Again, doesn't this person own like 20k+ .xyz's? Not sure how much strategy it takes to register every keyword that you can think of? It's simply a numbers game, nothing more.

yes that's what I meant.
that everyone on earth is clueless thinking they can match her results.

•••
yes that's what I meant.
that everyone on earth is clueless thinking they can match her results.
Sorry, I misunderstood your comment :xf.smile: You're right though, people not understanding that they're not going to be able to duplicate her results. Best of luck to those trying!

•••
Sorry, I misunderstood your comment :xf.smile: You're right though, people not understanding that they're not going to be able to duplicate her results. Best of luck to those trying!
Agree! Maybe you are right, but chances are, if xyz sells at that price, it kind of sets a benchmark and then others start pricing it similarly and that's how it blows up.

•••
I personally would not invest in any domains that carry "premium" renewal fees. The registration fee should be the same across all registrations in an extension.

With the low end user sell-through rate of domains, the extra cost of carrying inventory gets extraordinarily high with "premium" renewal fees. It also adds extra friction when it comes to potential sales.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Its a hot one. Buddy renewed it 7 maybe 8 times at $1250 a pop and sold it for $3550

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back