Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anees Ahmad

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Last bid: $40 per name
Total: $40 x 6 = $240
Next bid: (You can bid $41 or more for individual names or $41 or more per name for all names together as last bid)
I was saying 40 for all the domains together not separately.

•••
•••
•••
This is unfortunate.

Auction closed

Seller changed the guidelines after a binding bid was placed in violation of the rules. Original guidelines, just before the first bid was placed:Rule that applies:
6.2.3. An auction cannot be modified once a bid is placed with the exceptions of its Buy-It-Now ("BIN") price (e.g., a BIN price may be added), its bid increments, approving additional bidders, adding payment methods, and/or adding additional domains at no extra cost. Once a bid is placed, every allowable change (the exceptions just mentioned) must be posted to the thread as a new reply as well as updated in the original post before it becomes effective and valid (e.g., a BIN price cannot be accepted until that is done, but rule 6.2.10 applies). BIN prices are not reserve prices and therefore do not affect rule 6.2.10.
We can see where the seller tried to change the bids for "All" domains to "Each" after a binding bid was placed, which is not allowed.

All bids are now void and a rule reminder is being issued to the seller.

•••
Dear @Echo Mod Team
We can see where the seller tried to change the bids for "All" domains to "Each" after a binding bid was placed, which is not allowed.
Could you please mention the area where you think this is happened?

- Cleaning up domain from listing -

This is from what you have quoted from the original post.
As you can see the there was no "bid all" option ever.
Still the first bid was "$1 all". I thought (and still thinks) he was bidding $1 for each names.
But for the new bidders to understand I mentioned in the description to specify the domain names with the bids. Unfortunately all new bids were of the same kind.

This was confusing indeed. When I found this out, I had already closed the thread and contacted the highest bidder via DM and explained this.

Last edited:
•••
Dear @Echo Mod Team

Could you please mention the area where you think this is happened?

This is from what you have quoted from the original post.
As you can see the there was no "bid all" option ever.
Still the first bid was "$1 all". I thought (and still thinks) he was bidding $1 for each names.
But for the new bidders to understand I mentioned in the description to specify the domain names with the bids. Unfortunately all new bids were of the same kind.

This was confusing indeed. When I found this out, I had already closed the thread and contacted the highest bidder via DM and explained this.
Hello,

Here's what we see,

Fist bid came in July 8th 2021 at 4:12am (The guideline changes rule applies I quoted prior at that bid time) - https://www.namepros.com/threads/cancelled.1245010/#post-8330683

The guidelines prior to the first bid were:

- Cleaning up domain from listing -

We can see from the above where things started to get confusing. It appears that a lot of members saw the "BIN ALL TOGETHER" and the "Starting bid: $1" (Not each) and assumed it meant that it would start an ALL/Bulk lot auction, without checking the "table" that had all the domains rowed out with a bid + bin on each one.

Once the first member did like that, all the rest followed, also assuming the bidding was for a bulk lot, rather than each.

After reviewing this again, we can see that this is not the fault of the seller, but simply one or two lines of text that lead to confusion in how they were translated.

This auction is void.

The sellers rule reminder has been removed, due to contextual oversight.

I can clean it up so you can restart it or you can create a new listing.

Which do you prefer?

Note: If relisted, please reword the starting bid to clarify "Each" (E.g. Starting Bid: $1 each). That should help eliminate further confusion.

We apologize for the inconvenience this situation may have caused.

•••
Dear @Echo Mod Team ,

Thank you for taking time to review it in so much detail.
Please cleanup or remove the thread altogether, whichever you think is better.
I will create a fresh auction later without any confusing criteria.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back