IT.COM

Cancelled by registrar’s decision - Dynadot Expired Domain Auction

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
So, I won a domain name at dynadot expired name auction. The domain belongs to a partner registrar of dynadot.
After 3 days, today I received an email about the order being cancelled by "registrar's decision". The domain has not been renewed by the previous owner as of this moment.
What kind of auction is this if the registrar is allowed to cancel it after the auction is already completed?
I would not mind if the previous owner renewed it. It keeps happening all the time anyway with good domain names.
I am sure the partner registrar was looking for more than what they got in the expired auction.
I am looking for an answer @Dynadot

To the domainers here who bid on expired auctions at dynadot, have you ever faced such a cancellation before?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Whats the registrar with the name and what do you expect Dynadot to do but issue you a refund promptly? They can’t force the other registrar to release a name.

•••
Whats the registrar with the name and what do you expect Dynadot to do but issue you a refund promptly? They can’t force the other registrar to release a name.
For starters, they can ban the registrar from participating in the system.
Also, did you really think for a moment before you wrote the line?
what do you expect Dynadot to do but issue you a refund
It's their partner registrar who needs to uphold certain rules.
It could be registrar.eu or it's reseller
1670918816606.png

•••
For starters, they can ban the registrar from participating in the system.
Also, did you really think for a moment before you wrote the line?

It's their partner registrar who needs to uphold certain rules.
It could be registrar.eu or it's reseller
Show attachment 228529
Is it .eu? If it is .eu, are you living as a citizen of one of European Countries? .eu and .ca have a restriction for registration and holder. It could be canceled because the winner is not eligible to hold the domain. I used to register Bride.eu, and canceled. Might be it is still available now.

Last edited:
•••
Dynadot don't have .EU on expired auction :xf.wink:

•••
Is it .eu? If it is .eu, are you living as a citizen of one of European Countries? .eu and .ca have a restriction for registration and holder. It could be canceled because the winner is not eligible to hold the domain. I used to register Bride.eu, and canceled. Might be it is still available now.
It's a .com domain name.

•••
maybe qatar paid bags of cash to someone

•••
I have had this before. Go to the registrar in question and see if they can sort it.

•••
So, I won a domain name at dynadot expired name auction. The domain belongs to a partner registrar of dynadot.
After 3 days, today I received an email about the order being cancelled by "registrar's decision". The domain has not been renewed by the previous owner as of this moment.
What kind of auction is this if the registrar is allowed to cancel it after the auction is already completed?
I would not mind if the previous owner renewed it. It keeps happening all the time anyway with good domain names.
I am sure the partner registrar was looking for more than what they got in the expired auction.
I am looking for an answer @Dynadot

To the domainers here who bid on expired auctions at dynadot, have you ever faced such a cancellation before?
Check this
https://www.namepros.com/threads/dynadot-com-auctions-are-completely-crap-and-time-wasting.1112919/

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back