Dynadot

Cancel the sale of a domain with a value of €100,000

NameSilo
Watch

bahaba

Established Member
Impact
Yesterday someone made me an offer of €100,000 euros for my domain and I accepted the offer.
The problem is, today I received an email from Sedo that the deal was canceled for security reasons!
They did not even mention what these security reasons are.

The problem is that my personal data such as my full name and address were included in the contract, but the buyer's data was not included!

I contacted Sedo to inquire about the reason for canceling the deal and what are these security reasons that would cancel a deal at this price. Unfortunately, I did not get any answer from them under the pretext of data protection. But they told me you can see the buyer's name in the contract.

The buyer's name included in the contract is a fictitious name
Love Sweet
Is this a real name?

Shouldn't Sedo verify the buyer's information such as his real name, payment details, etc. Before he can bid for that amount?

I am upset because Sedo disclosed my personal data to the buyer in the contract and then the contract was canceled for security reasons!

They protect the data of the buyer, but not the data of the seller, and this is the thing that bothers me the most and causes me anxiety. Because they shared my personal data with someone I don't know.

What do you advise me to do in such a situation? What are my rights? How do I act?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Do nothing and move on. The appraisal scam is coming next as you will be asked to pay to get one.

•••
I can invent alternative explanations.
Hi

whenever someone wants to highlight a negative or positive, about a person/place or thing,
they can "invent" any explanation.

however, the truth, may still be unknown.

so, what is true?

imo...

•••
That's why I use my WORK ADDRESS at Sedo - if some numbskull tries fake bidding for nefarious reasons, then he can start up some trouble with a few burly gov't security guards for all I care.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Hi

now that we know where, you work....

You have to use something Sedo can validate (apparently sellers more than buyers) and don't worry a LOT of people work there and it's protected by metal detectors and security guys with guns. :xf.grin:

Last edited:
•••
I am very surprised that so many people seemed to get off track on the OP's original question. Did he come here to find out what you think about his (unknown) domain being worth $100K or not? No, he did not.

He's simply asking if there is anything he can do about a potential scammer having his info? It is a very fair question, in my opinion. He's asking if Sedo has any recourse for this. Unfortunately, the answer is no. @Sedo should correct this. They should wait until the potential buyer and their funds are verified before any info is shared.....this is what is done with an Escrow service if the buyer and seller choose. For a professional domain company, this is poor on Sedo's part.

As domainers, we may want to ban together and demand that Sedo correct this, or the OP would need to consult a legal representative to approach Sedo.

In any case, for those of you who chose violence, to come here and upbraid the man about his domain name, remember that it is better to stick together than to fight each other.

Best,

•••
I am very surprised that so many people seemed to get off track on the OP's original question. Did he come here to find out what you think about his (unknown) domain being worth $100K or not? No, he did not.

He's simply asking if there is anything he can do about a potential scammer having his info? It is a very fair question, in my opinion. He's asking if Sedo has any recourse for this. Unfortunately, the answer is no. @Sedo should correct this. They should wait until the potential buyer and their funds are verified before any info is shared.....this is what is done with an Escrow service if the buyer and seller choose. For a professional domain company, this is poor on Sedo's part.

As domainers, we may want to ban together and demand that Sedo correct this, or the OP would need to consult a legal representative to approach Sedo.

In any case, for those of you who chose violence, to come here and upbraid the man about his domain name, remember that it is better to stick together than to fight each other.

Best,
thank you very much, You said what I really want to say. I wish you a happy day :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back