IT.COM

advice Can you sell .us domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MicroMox

Established Member
Impact
I am relatively new to this business. Recently I bought couple .us domains and I am worndering if this type of domains can be sold for profit. immigrationpolicy.us is the domain I was thinking of selling.

Thanks in advanc.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
They are hard to sell but to the right person for the right name, you can get some decent money for it.

•••
I can see ImmigrationPolicy.us selling to an immigration lawyer for around $200 if you emailed 25 - 40 of them. You'll have to work for the sale.

You're better off sticking with .com though.

Last edited:
•••
Out of interest name.com had a Happy Hour yesterday offering .us standard domains at just $0.99

As I don't qualify to buy a .us domain I didn't bother looking further, but I do know that namecheap are offering normal .us domains at a similar price.

I don't think there seems to be a huge demand for this extension, though I would imagine if the domain name itself was connected to the United States such as, say, nycity.us it would get some interest (though this example would probably be a Premium domain).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back