NameSilo

Can you sell .us domains?

Labeled as advice in ccTLD Discussion, started by MicroMox, May 26, 2017

Replies:
Views:

1. MicroMox

MicroMox Established Member

I am relatively new to this business. Recently I bought couple .us domains and I am worndering if this type of domains can be sold for profit. immigrationpolicy.us is the domain I was thinking of selling.

Thanks in advanc.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. omelet

omelet Top Contributor VIP

very hard to sell .us

3. Shianna-EBN

Shianna-EBN Established Member

They are hard to sell but to the right person for the right name, you can get some decent money for it.

4. tomcarl

tomcarl Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I can see ImmigrationPolicy.us selling to an immigration lawyer for around $200 if you emailed 25 - 40 of them. You'll have to work for the sale.

You're better off sticking with .com though.

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  5. domaintrades

domaintrades Established Member

Out of interest name.com had a Happy Hour yesterday offering .us standard domains at just $0.99

As I don't qualify to buy a .us domain I didn't bother looking further, but I do know that namecheap are offering normal .us domains at a similar price.

I don't think there seems to be a huge demand for this extension, though I would imagine if the domain name itself was connected to the United States such as, say, nycity.us it would get some interest (though this example would probably be a Premium domain).

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice