discuss Can you believe this.... ???

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

d-e-x

Top Member
Impact
Screen Shot 2018-06-13 at 12.31.24.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-13 at 12.34.28.png

He bought domain name btcusd.net from me on 20-Feb-2018 and yesterday he put a dispute on that payment. Can you believe that? After 5 months and for such a low amount of money!?

Yes, his account is closed but opening a new account is not so big problem so be aware, his name and email addresses are above.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for this information.

Strange man, if he found good available hand-reg domain and doesn't have money to reg, who knows..

•••
Wow! He filed a dispute for a transaction of 11.56 Euro as unauthorised? So cheap

•••
oh man.. bummer, that's not good at all.

•••
•••
•••
hey thanks for the heads up. What people will do to get money from you.

•••
Sheeh...that is 113 days. Seems like an awfully long time to be able to file a dispute.

•••
His email is NZ Prick. Makes sense now.

•••
Did you not get paid 5 months ago?
If so, what amount are they holding?

•••
Did you not get paid 5 months ago?
If so, what amount are they holding?

He paid for domain - 11,56 EUR (something about $14)
But yesterday he filed a dispute on that payment and PP is on his side of course so he will get that $$ back and I will lose the domain. You have a screenshots above :)

•••
sometimes if scammer/hacker using fraud cc while the real cc owner didnt realize at the time, but several months later the cc owner recheck and realize the fraud and reporting it, in the end you got the impact of it

•••
Sheeh...that is 113 days. Seems like an awfully long time to be able to file a dispute.

If I'm not mistaken, I think you can file a dispute for up to 180 days. This is awful and I can't believe PayPal would have such a horrible policy. The worst part is with disputes they almost always side with the buyer and not the seller. Crypto Currency could make a good alternative but it is far too volatile.

•••
the amount is irrelevant here, if he/she can do it for small amount, he/she can do much more damage on huge amount.

•••
the amount is irrelevant here, if he/she can do it for small amount, he/she can do much more damage on huge amount.

Exactly, that's why I have opened this thread

•••
Exactly, that's why I have opened this thread

Thank you for sharing.

are you saying, had it been a larger sale, larger amount etc, all they need to do is to claim the transaction was "unauthorized" by them & Paypal will take what is rightfully yours then give it back to them?

•••
Thank you for sharing.

are you saying, had it been a larger sale, larger amount etc, all they need to do is to claim the transaction was "unauthorized" by them & Paypal will take what is rightfully yours then give it back to them?

Yes, that is right :)
Seller is not protected at all, the only way is when payment is sent as a gift I think.

•••
this makes me very uncomfortable..

Don't they need to prove the transaction was unauthorized? explain how, why, who?

thanks

•••
Nope, you just filed a dispute and that is all, no proves, nothing, just like that.
Seller needs to upload all what he have about that case but he will lose anyway.

•••
Nope, you just filed a dispute and that is all, no proves, nothing, just like that.
Seller needs to upload all what he have about that case but he will lose anyway.

wow..

anyway look, i'm glad it wasn't one of your bigger sales..

insane..

thanks

•••
There's no evidence required that it was unauthorized. They take your word for it.

With PayPal they are at the mercy of the credit card firm if a card was used. I believe the time limit for doing a CC charge-back can be far more than 180-days, depending on the card issuer. Several years ago I had a CC charge back for $1,000 13-mos after purchase date. That's not a misprint, it was over 1 year later (which dispute I lost) and money taken out of my account..

Last edited:
•••
Yep, and Paypal can and will dip into your attached bank account to get the funds. If you don't have the funds available, they can literally lock up your bank account.

When I was actively selling on Ebay (about 10 years ago), I heard too many horror stories from other sellers about Paypal freezing their accounts after disputes. At the time, I set up a separate checking account with a small, local bank that was used just for Ebay/Paypal so that if anything happened, it wouldn't impact my primary bill-paying account.

Don't know if anything changed since then because I rarely use PP anymore, but just from this conversation, it appears things are essentially the same.

•••
There's no evidence required that it was unauthorized. They take your word for it.

With PayPal they are at the mercy of the credit card firm if a card was used. I believe the time limit for doing a CC charge-back can be far more than 180-days, depending on the card issuer. Several years ago I had a CC charge back for $1,000 13-mos after purchase date. That's not a misprint, it was over 1 year later (which dispute I lost) and money taken out of my account..

Spot on, years ago I asked to speak to a supervisor because a customer service rep couldn't answer my question. The person said even if you sent me a screenshot of a domain name being moved, it's not us, it's the bank they tell us we must protect their customer, emphasis on 'their." They do not acknowledge the push, so they will always give the refund.

But wow $14?

•••
Thank you for letting us know about this incident. We have notated it internally to help prevent it from happening again.

Please always report issues like this to us, even if the member's account is already closed, like in this case. For reporting, it can be done publicly or privately, as long as we know about it, we can use it to help make NamePros safer.

Thanks, again!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back