IT.COM

discuss Can we own an extension?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Splendor23

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Sure can! Expensive though, although you might be able to grab .guitar for a song?
What did you have in mind? .splendor?
If so, I'd like to pre-reg. Magnificent.Splendor!

•••
Please make us a .frog extension if you do it.

•••
Sure can! Expensive though, although you might be able to grab .guitar for a song?
Wao that's great. But what is the amount for this business and can we get any profit through it?

•••
The last round of new gTLD development, I believe the application fee alone was $185,000.
You'd have to have a massive amount of startup capital to start a new gTLD and the competition is huge with over 1,543 TLD's as of today. GMO paid $41.5 million for the .shop extension in 2016. An absurd amount of money. Personally, I can't think of a worse way to invest my money! But, to each his own!
Here is a video for you if you are so inclined! Good Luck!

https://theaudacitytopodcast.com/afilias-explains-how-to-get-your-own-top-level-domain-tld/

•••
The last round of new gTLD development, I believe the application fee alone was $185,000.
You'd have to have a massive amount of startup capital to start a new gTLD and the competition is huge with over 1,543 TLD's as of today. GMO paid $41.5 million for the .shop extension in 2016. An absurd amount of money. Personally, I can't think of a worse way to invest my money! But, to each his own!
Here is a video for you if you are so inclined! Good Luck!

https://theaudacitytopodcast.com/afilias-explains-how-to-get-your-own-top-level-domain-tld/
Thank you so much.

•••
•••
You absolutely sure about that keyword?
Figure Sex would be a better keyword!
Can we own a domain extension.
Depends on "we" and does "we" have deep pockets?

For me...I would have to mortgage/sell/refinance all my assets, dip my finances, sell blood, work overtime etc...then try to figure out how I can afford to promote my new extension..

•••
•••
•••
Basic questions:
Why would you want to own an extension?
Could you run it or get people who know what they are doing to run it?
How would it make money?
Do you have the money to support it before it breaks even?

Regards...jmcc

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back