Dynadot

advice Can any registrar block transfer of any domain ? Is this valid?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DnFolk

Top Member
Impact
I have few domains at srminfo.com who are reseller of tucows, one of the domains i have there has been sold recently so logically i wanted the transfer out to the buyer, i couldnt find the transfer code so via support asked the transfer code of that domain and this is the reply that i have got -

Sorry for the delay in response,
As per your query of domain transfer, We are sorry to say that, You can't transfer the domain that is purchased under domain promotion offer.
Domain transfer is locked till next year payment. Hope you understand the t&c of promotional domains.

Regards
Support SRM

My question is, is this valid? can i do something to still get the transfer? i have read ICANN rules as per which transfer cant be blocked like this. still i cant be sure. so asking you for the advice/suggestion. can i do anything here?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I solved the issue just received the transfer code from them -

our further conversation after above post --

my message -

as per the little info and experience i have as a domainer I believe as per ICANN rule no registrar can block the transfer out domain like this, still i am not so very sure so i will confirm and will update you on this.

their message -

Hello,

I can understand your problem, But there is no such concern with ICANN registry, Every web hosting company have their own selling and buying rules. Please keep in mind, you can transfer the domain after the second year of recurring payment. As you can seen, you purchased domain on promotional basis more than its actual price.

Hope you understand the registrar promotional conditions.

Regards
Support SRM

my message,

Can you post me those terms and conditions of promotional offer where it was written about block of transfer out

as for promotional offer i have purchased even .com domain under promotional offer and got the transferred out from registrars like bigrock dotster mydomain etc

so cant see why here its a problem. anyway you can post me those terms and conditions were it was written that transfer out is blocked.

i will get to the root of it. i am liable to transfer the domain to the owner, cant see why i am not able to.
if you dont allow me the transfer. i will most likely fill out this form.
https://forms.icann.org/en/resources/compliance/complaints/transfer/form

Their message -

We have sent a Auth Code to your email id - *******@Gmail.com check the same at your end

Problem solved. :)

•••
Congrats on sale. Can you mention the name?

•••
The buyer doesnt want to reveal the name so i wont be able to. and sale is still not completeled since it got stuck because of the above hassle, now i need to get back in touch with the buyer.

though i can give you the idea about domain. the domain was hand regged by me in july this year when it expired. Its a 3 word domain although still short and with good keywords once it was decently popular seo/tech/wp blog. the current buyer was aware of it and is also a blogger. after i had regged the domain i had received his inquiry that what i was going to do with the domain. i had told him i have registered it to sell for profit. then never received his response. after that month or so i sent him emails about my wish to sell the domain. his response was untidy slow and discouraging but i told him that how the domain can prove to be highly useful since he is in a same field. His slow response again turned into no response. finally i gave up. then before 2 weeks i received his email that he thought a lot about my email and realized how i was right and that this domain can be very useful to him. so he is ready to buy after which we discussed the price. and made the deal. that is currently stuck and not completed yet because of above problem. hopefully now since its solved will get the deal done soon.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back