Dynadot

discuss Can an $8.47 Domain Absolve World Hunger and Malnutrition?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
Far be it from the former Bulloney to hand register a domain for $8.47 that has the potential to absolve world hunger and malnutrition:xf.smile:

GourmetOlympics.com has the potential to do just that. How so? While 30 Billion dollars sounds like a lot of money, it's the amount of $$$ needed each year to absolve the world of hunger and malnutrition.

Now hear this....The gross world product (GWP), the combined gross national product of all the countries in the world is over 80 Trillion dollars. Doing the math, 30 Billion is less than 1% of 80 trillion, or .024 of 1% to be more exact.

It's my honest opinion, if the United Nations were ever to do anything for the world, it would help coordinate an effort for the modern world to feed itself. Why it hasn't already done this is way beyond my comprehension:xf.rolleyes:

Finally, I've been told the term/word "Olympic(s)" has possible trademark implications:xf.frown:, but not to worry, I believe those violations can be overcome "if" the domain GourmetOlympics.com and GourmetOlympics.org can save MILLIONS of lives.

Comments Welcome!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
hey feed.tax is available if anybody wants to reg it.

•••
I had no idea that there was an entire US law specifically around the term giving them much broader rights than even would normally be the case for a TM owner. Thank you so much for the depth of your replies @jberryhill. As others have said many times, our community is indeed fortunate that you choose to contribute here. The point about on TESS a case being listed as live can simply mean it had a negative decision, as the office case did, but was within the automatic response window, is enlightening to help us all more properly use the database. Thank you!

Based on this it seems to me the case is crystal clear and I would personally advise that you ask GD to delete your domain name @ThatNameGuy. In my opinion, your concept, if you wish to pursue it, of a set of food competitions raising money for WFP could work at least as well with no Olympic reference. Obviously step one would be to see if any of the organizations involved in world hunger wish to partner on the idea. If they do one can think about the brand name to use.

Thanks again for your incredible contributions to NamePros @jberryhill.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
It is amazing he just keeps doing this, completely disrupting this community, promoting Bad (but worse illegal) ideas. All the while claiming to be an expert on everything.

@ThatNameGuy is a rude, uninformed, bully that seems to have the only goal of ruining someone's else's finances or chance at a business and better life. It is a shame this is allowed to continue for those new, who WILL get tricked, will get hurt -

& As more laws get passed that target "domain squatters" you can be sure posts on NP will be found, quoted, and used against the REAL professionals in this space.

Thanks again bulloney for the short and long term damage your ,now apparently un-lawful & fraudulent, ranting posts will leave us all to deal with.

Last edited:
•••
This is the first time I've seen an (Offc Action Outgoing) PDF. Guessing by the text maybe more commonly called a NonFinal Office Action?

Very broadly speaking the first action is "non-final" and the second action is "final". As with a lot of things, the words don't mean what one might think they mean. The difference is that a "non-final" action is not appealable, and a "final" action is appealable. There's an appeal board within the USPTO (the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board) which handles appeals from Examining Attorney decisions.

Sometimes, you'll see a "final" action in which the Examining Attorney re-iterates a refusal, the applicant comes back and cures that ground of refusal, and the application proceeds to allowance.

But you can learn an awful lot by having a look at the back and forth which went on, even when you are looking at a registered mark. If the applicant had to make an argument that "the mark doesn't apply to such and such" during prosecution in order to obtain registration, then that's useful information.

Next to the TSDR tab, you'll also find the ASSIGN tab, which can provide you with important information about who owns the mark or who might have a security interest in the mark.

•••
Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 10.04.28 AM.png

•••
•••
I'm very familiar with all that, and I'm in the middle of a filing right now. If you ever need any help, I'd be glad to lend a hand:xf.wink:
Can an $8.47 Domain Absolve World Hunger and Malnutrition?

I guess the answer is now confirmed as a no.

Brad
Only proves you know half the story....don't you wish you knew the WHOLE STORY:xf.rolleyes:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back