sales By the numbers – 2019 was not a great year for Four Letter .coms

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Four letter .com domain names are one of the most popular categories for domain investors. 2019 saw a significant down tick in total sales, close to 30%. Dollar volumes were off by $2.9 million. 2018 did have the sale of Zoom.com of $2million. Everyday in domain wanted sections people are looking for 4L.coms. Do you think 2020 will see an uptick in total sales? 2018 7,862 Total … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think 4 letter .com domains are still a good investment strategy. Of course there is a big difference in CVCV values and random letter XYZK type domains.

•••
I was timid with the results of 4 letter .com in 2019, I most definitely held on my portfolio of 4 letter .coms, but i also bought 20 or so more, I think they are a good investment going into web 3.0, the hold time has been a little disappointing so far , I still have the 212 4 letter .coms i hand registered from 2005 to 2008, but i think they will do well once all is said and done.

•••
ebb and flow

my 2020 market prediction remains bullish

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the interesting year by year comparison.

While it looks discouraging with number, volume, and average price all down, that $2 million sale in 2018 really skewed the results for that year. If that sale was excluded, the average price in 2018 would have been about $954 and this year's prices a significant jump up.

Thanks again - you must work every waking hour on domains to write so much @equity78 ! We are very fortunate that you also are very active on NamePros.

Thank you,

Bob

•••
I believe if you're happy to invest xxx-low xxxx per domain today and stay patient, you'll be able to get at least 10X that within 5-10 years.

•••
4L domains have been some of the most hyped "investments" in the community and experienced a "bubble" imo that undoubtedly burst. They are great investments, but like all speculative assets, you have to get in before the hype.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back