IT.COM

discuss Buying domainers expired domaining names

NameSilo
Watch

Kuffy

Name StagTop Member
Impact
I've just picked up a name which appears to have been used by a domainer, and he has let it expire. It looks as if it has a bit of traffic and some backlinks. I was in a bit of a rush this morning, so I haven't checked to see if it is toxic - I'll have to do that tomorrow, In the meantime, I've created a simple landing page with an "under new ownership" message on it.

Has anyone else tried this to try to find buyers?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am doing this on a daily basis... Most domains that I buy are other domainers' recent drops.

•••
I've caught a few dropped names recently, but mostly get them for developing a site instead of a flip right away. Although I've got one or two that I may go that route with.

•••
I didn't really mean the names that were in a domainer's portfolio, and that he let drop. I was referring to the name that he used to list his names for sale, or his domain trading site. The name I picked up is Sam Domains.com, and it seems to have in excess of 200 backlinks from the previous owner's postings on blogs and forums. It doesn't look as if it receives much traffic, so I'm glad I only paid reg fee for it. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back