Dynadot

offers Buyer wants to pay 5 figures.. requesting help from a more experienced domaineer

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Younginn

Established Member
Impact
Sorry if this is in posted in the wrong thread but I have an interested buyer who wants to pay XX,XXX for one of my domain.

There's a multimillion dollar company in another country, where the buyer is contacting me from, with the same name as my .com... I feel like then it's probably worth XXX,XXX?

Requesting help from a seasoned veteran (who have sold domains for 6 figures) for a better closing price. Can paypal you % of the price increase if the deal goes through 6 figures.

Let me know your thoughts! Thank you 😊

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How did this alleged buyer contact you?

Does your domain have a landing page with a BIN or Make Offer option on it?

•••
He made an offer through the Make Offer landing page I had setup with a domain selling provider.

•••
It's funny - how you expect anyone to tell their thoughts on how much your domain costs, without actually disclosing the name?
Feel free to PM me, if you want opinion in private, through.

•••
It's funny - how you expect anyone to tell their thoughts on how much your domain costs, without actually disclosing the name?
Feel free to PM me, if you want opinion in private, through.

Outside questions like/similar to what @Rhinnnn have asked, I was expecting people to follow up in DMs if they were interested in taking part in closing the deal.

I didn't think disclosing the name publicly was wise and I appreciate you offering your opinion privately.

•••
Sorry if this is in posted in the wrong thread but I have an interested buyer who wants to pay XX,XXX for one of my domain.

There's a multimillion dollar company in another country, where the buyer is contacting me from, with the same name as my .com... I feel like then it's probably worth XXX,XXX?

Requesting help from a seasoned veteran (who have sold domains for 6 figures) for a better closing price. Can paypal you % of the price increase if the deal goes through 6 figures.

Let me know your thoughts! Thank you 😊

DM what you need help with.

•••
I sold a name in the same situation to a Japanese company.
I have the .com and they have the .jp
Pricing depend on how big the company and how much they can afford.
Also asking yourself why do they want to expand the business by buying the .com
Initially they want to sue me to get the name free but the company is only 7 years old where my name is 15 years old. I told them go ahead and sue me as they have no legs to stand and I NEVER park my name trying to profit from their business.
Take it easy, don't be rush, be professional and careful when reply to them. They are not "Resellers". It took me 2 weeks to complete the transaction.
Also check to see if it's a public or private company. It's much easier with a private company because they don't have to go to the Board of Directors to get the funds approved.

Good luck.
John

Last edited:
•••
Wow @johnn, thank you so much for sharing!!

I can't believe the company had the audacity to try to highjack your domain like that but it's good for all domaineers to know a company can't claim trademark infringement on names that came before them.

Really appreciate all your seasoned advices 🙏😄 and I'm sure anyone reading this thread would feel the same! It's really people like you who make this community so great.

•••
Feel free to DM more info if you want. I will give you my thoughts for free.

Thanks,
Brad

•••
^ He’s your best choice for an experienced experts advise.

•••
It's much easier with a private company because they don't have to go to the Board of Directors to get the funds approved.
Man, do I hate that. Sold a name for $2288 to a company. But they had to have three meetings and 4 people sign off to approve it. Took forever because people are stupid, disorganized and lazy.

•••
Man, do I hate that. Sold a name for $2288 to a company. But they had to have three meetings and 4 people sign off to approve it. Took forever because people are stupid, disorganized and lazy.

Big corporations have to go through many departments even for simpler things.

•••
Back