news Buyer of BTC.com for $1 million Charged with running Ponzi Scheme

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Josh Garza who purchased BTC.com for $1million in August of 2014 was charged with fraud and running a ponzi scheme.
The SEC said that Garza and GAW earned roughly $19 million in revenue from the scheme, which evolved from hardware hosting to cloud mining to the eventual launch of an alternative cryptocurrency and has as many as 10,000 customers and investors.

According to the SEC, Garza and GAW Miners knowingly misrepresented the nature of Hashlets, their proclaimed profitability and the manner in which mining income was sourced.

http://morganlinton.com/buyer-of-btc-com-for-1million-charged-with-operating-a-ponzi-scheme/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Bitcoin once again...

BTC.com bought for $1M makes $19M Ponzi scheme... Naughty naughty naughty!!!

Show attachment 20103

Bitcoin is just an instrument, greed is what's really to blame here from both sides. We've seen these BTC ponzi schemes over and over again, there's no such thing as a quick buck and if it's too good to be true, it usually is.

•••
Bitcoin once again...

BTC.com bought for $1M makes $19M Ponzi scheme... Naughty naughty naughty!!!

Homer.jpg

•••
•••
Busted !! Thank god it stopped on 19 only

•••
So, what's the development?
Has the SEC only charged him for now or he's already under arrest?

The website seems to be online btw. I think the mining hardware stuff they were doing long before the BTC.com purchase at GAWMiners.com

AFAI read in news, he is hiding somewhere in Middle East or Caribbean. His brother was questioned and the case is still very active. Recently sold Mineral.com (at Flippa) was owned by him and was used as Paycoin<->Bitcoin exchange. So many people invested in Paycoin due to his hype "1 paycoin will be equal to 1 dollar" futures.

•••
This guy was defauding people with mining contracts and then later with his altcoin "paycoin".
Next time we have another scam we can say "Dollar once again"

•••
The domain will most likely be auctioned to help recoup investors. Of course, after the trustees rape the accounts I doubt they will get much of it back.

•••
So, what's the development?
Has the SEC only charged him for now or he's already under arrest?

The website seems to be online btw. I think the mining hardware stuff they were doing long before the BTC.com purchase at GAWMiners.com

•••
Last edited:
•••
Lol, I wonder what happens to the funds in his bitcoin wallets. I mean he could have easily moved them around to another wallet and they can't to jack about it....

•••
That reminded me something.. about my domain.

123.png

•••
Back